OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Hi Darryn no Drone on the BORLA Touring, S Type or ATAK. Currently have the S Type cat back on our car and it is totally live able. If you find that it's too loud you can always replace the X pipe with the BORLA resonator/ muffler. Same for the ATAK which is louder again. The Touring is a great compromise if you want sound and a somewhat quieter sound but still have that nice V8 tone when accelerating.
Where would the Atak with touring Resonator sit in comparison? louder than a straight "S" Type? I know Im being fussy but between a S type and Touring would suit me best lol...
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
The touring is no slouch in sound when you step on the throttle Daz...... even more so in S mode. I see people turning to look that are quite a way up the road ahead of me.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
The touring is no slouch in sound when you step on the throttle Daz...... even more so in S mode. I see people turning to look that are quite a way up the road ahead of me.
Fancy a drive to Perth:cheers::cheers::thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys,

If your aftermarket exhausts become a bit much all the time, particularly on a long trip a real easy fix is to either disconnect or delete your sound tube. I didn't have any drone but with my quite loud JBA AB's the noise in the cabin increased more than I imagined it would. I disconnected the sound tube and OH YEAH, no more of that fake nauseating low sound being pumped through the passenger firewall. Just clean clear sound from the rear. You still hear them of course but it removes what I think a few may mistake as a drone when its your sound tube.

A quick way to temporarily disconnect is to get a 25mm rubber stopper used for the leg of a chair or stool and remove the clamp where the sound tube comes out of your air intake and slot the rubber stopper over it and clamp with same clamp or a metal hose clamp and then tape up the end of the sound tube. go for a drive. You will notice it immediately.

Once I tried it I removed it completely never to return. Makes the car much more livable as a DD.

Cheers
Good call. I've often wondered if some of the "boominess" that can happen might be the sound tube. Seems worse with windows up for sure. So yeah, it's basically turning the cabin into a giant sub-woofer enclosure perhaps??

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
my BORLA S Type axle backs and black nuts arrived today:headbang::headbang:
BRMM

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Good call. I've often wondered if some of the "boominess" that can happen might be the sound tube. Seems worse with windows up for sure. So yeah, it's basically turning the cabin into a giant sub-woofer enclosure perhaps??
Hi
Yes I think that is exactly what the effect of the sound tube is.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Borla in da hizouse, thanks [MENTION=25769]CasperGT[/MENTION]
image.jpg

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
S-Type. Going to combine it with a CJPP X Pipe so it'll be like a cheap catback

Sponsored

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
I'd love to hear it when it's done. My current plan is S-Type catback (also on a vert) so it would be nice to know what I am really in for.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to hear it when it's done. My current plan is S-Type catback (also on a vert) so it would be nice to know what I am really in for.
Wow, I didn't realize how big that pic was (on a computer - on a phone it looks so small :) )...

Sure, I hope to have it set up before the Sydney meet in a couple of weeks, and there's a bunch of other exhaust choices that'll be there, so it'll be a good chance to check.

Mine's a DD, and family car on the weekends, so I need to make sure my little girl can still sleep in it - which is my main concern and why I was leaning toward the Touring initially.

We shall see :)

Shevs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT Manual Race Red

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
True true.... I have discovered a flat squash ball just fits in the sound tube to block it? may give it a good try and listen.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Best Exhaust are having a Black Friday sale, 15% off everything so their ad says. Considerable savings for anyone on the lookout
Sponsored