GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Sorry not getting your question?
Just want to get an idea of a referral to fit the ones i have bought.
Not wanting to slide under the car and cut and fit it in the garage.
Sorry mate read it as "fix" my Axle backs not "fit" :doh:....Any decent exhaust shop would fit them for you next to for nothing.
Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Looking for the sale but can't find it, anyone have the detail please? There's nothing obvious on the best exhaust website. I'm interested in Kooks headers to go with my stainless works 3" LMF catback.
Here you go
Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 7.52.03 pm.png

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Cool. What difference in sound, if any, would an X pipe made?
It will be pretty much as loud as a H pipe, the difference will be in the type of sound it makes.
H pipe gives you a bit deeper tone and sounds throaty especially at lower RPM and it more sounds like older Muscle car.
X pipe will simply amplify the burble you get in nice way (even in both outlets) and might get slighty Raspy at higher RPMs.

I have listened to both and chose H pipe over X pipe after going through about few hundred Videos and it worked out better than I expected.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
If you are wanting that true Muscle Car sound and would like service, price and advice don't hesitate in calling suspensionpartsonline.com.au on 03 9553 6915.
Authorised factory BORLA distributor for Australia. We ship Australia wide. A big thanks to the many customers who have chosen to buy their BORLA Exhaust System from us. Cheers Fred
borla_exhaust_preview.gif

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Hi Yeah Nah

If you would like to have a listen we have the BORLA S Type on our Mustang.

Call us on 03 9553 6915
Fred, thanks for the invitation, I may take up that offer. I would prefer to listen to the cats if you have them set up.

After driving [MENTION=14692]Aus-MustangGT[/MENTION] with his cat and loving the sound of the cat, I'm thinking of ripping the Rousch AB off for a much better improved set up.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Happy Thanksgiving

The 'Mistress' is American, so I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate our first Thanksgiving with a little gift :D.

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Fred from suspensionpartsonline.com.au (03 9553 6915). I went out to see Fred last week, spent about 30-40 minutes discussing various alternatives, listened to his S-Type, drove around and listened a little more and I was happy with the Sound; no drone, nice deep tone and no 'raspiness' (although we did not redline :ninja:). I thought the S-Type would be a little too loud, but after listening to it in person, I almost convinced myself to go for the Atak! In the end I chose the S-Type just to be on the safe side as I have kids that travel in the backseat and I didn't want it to be too loud for them. If you get the opportunity, I strongly suggest you go out and listen to a system live - the youtube clips are ok but not the same as hearing it in person. Fred's great to deal with, friendly, helpful and sells at a great price - I could not find cheaper :first:
Borla2 (2).JPG

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
And if it does turn out a little too constant and loud for the non-enthusiast occupants (kids) I can't tell you how much of an improvement deleting the sound tube is.

the sound tube can sometimes make the cabin noise borderline drone with a loud after market exhaust system, which disappears with its deletion. Leaving just the clear clean sound of the actual exhaust out back :-)

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
And if it does turn out a little too constant and loud for the non-enthusiast occupants (kids) I can't tell you how much of an improvement deleting the sound tube is.

the sound tube can sometimes make the cabin noise borderline drone with a loud after market exhaust system, which disappears with its deletion. Leaving just the clear clean sound of the actual exhaust out back :-)
Thanks and noted your comments, I have been following the discussion in this thread, might need one of those rubber stoppers from WA :D. Fred's car does not have the sound tube deleted and I could not hear any drone. I will have to work it out once the Borla is installed and see if there are any complaints coming from the rear seats.

I also had a look at Boomba Racing's sound tube delete, but not sure if that works with our right hand drive stangs???

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Thanks and noted your comments, I have been following the discussion in this thread, might need one of those rubber stoppers from WA :D. Fred's car does not have the sound tube deleted and I could not hear any drone. I will have to work it out once the Borla is installed and see if there are any complaints coming from the rear seats.

I also had a look at Boomba Racing's sound tube delete, but not sure if that works with our right hand drive stangs???
Hi yes it does, the sound tube is in the same position in our cars.

The 25mm rubber cap and taping the other end up gives you a very good idea if you don't want to commit to ripping it out permanently. But after I heard the car with it neutered I had it ripped out and chucked in the bin.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
The 'Mistress' is American, so I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate our first Thanksgiving with a little gift :D.
This gave me a thought. We have a true American muscle car on our hands. We all love driving them or at least like me can't wait for mine to be built and delivered so I can enjoy the privellage. What better excuse then to theme some cruises and get togethers tailored around major Nth American holidays such as 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Springbreak for instance as well as our own aussie ones of course.

Just a thought and if anyone likes the idea and theres enough interest maybe we can start an official thread.

Rather than hijacking this thread anymore than I already have :shrug: if you like the suggestion just thank my post in this thread (no need to comment) and if enough interest is their we can go further from here. If not the suggestion dies here and doesn't hijack this thread anymore or takes it off topic.

The ball is in your court people. :thumbsup:

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Anyone in VIC have the GT350 Touring on theres that I could potentially have a listen too. Cheers
Sponsored