ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
There's enough torque down low on these cars and the exhausts are all quiet enough at low revs that you can be "quiet" and still get around.

It's about the fuel consumption vs noise balance really.
For example, [MENTION=19543]msweet[/MENTION] gets good mileage because he's afraid to floor it because he values his ear drums :lol:
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
There's enough torque down low on these cars and the exhausts are all quiet enough at low revs that you can be "quiet" and still get around.

It's about the fuel consumption vs noise balance really.
For example, [MENTION=19543]msweet[/MENTION] gets good mileage because he's afraid to floor it because he values his ear drums :lol:
That must be why my fuel usage is woeful? I have a milder system and I regularly have the foot buried into the carpet :)

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Oh that's great news! I will be using mine as a daily and I don't plan on doing headers. From the CJPP video it looks like you can drive it quietly (relatively) too so I can get out of my own neighbourhood without annoying the neighbours too much.
As long as you don't do a cold start :lol:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I guess if you're just not fussed on how loud your car ends up an Extreme or Atak is no problems....Those that are volume conscious for one of many reasons then choose on the quieter side as I believe they're all louder in real life. IF in doubt go quieter than louder, I'm glad I did.
Quieter is better, you can always add an X pipe on a touring system to bump up the sound.

I'm happy with the FRPP Touring axle back, mine has a nice burble when starting and when giving it a bit of throttle.

I think I'd get sick of the noise in some of the loud systems as a daily driver.

Not only that I'd need to push it down the road in the morning to start it :D

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Haha I wish [MENTION=18576]ssb[/MENTION], "good mileage" of 18.6L :( average speed of just over 30km/h is killer.
[MENTION=14907]PPPony[/MENTION], it's fine in my house, and my rents think it would be fine in my new apartment, but better to keep the neighbours onside

Anyone scared of cold starts can improvise like me - function over form clearly http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68962&page=3

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I found this resonator on the Borla site:

https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60561.html

The product description states: Use this muffler with Cat-Back™ systems 140590 (S-Type) and 140591 (ATAK) to create a quieter sound.

I suspect that this may be the resonator that is fitted to the Touring Cat-Back system?

Could be a solution for anyone who finds the S-Type or ATAK systems too loud.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Oh that's great news! I will be using mine as a daily and I don't plan on doing headers. From the CJPP video it looks like you can drive it quietly (relatively) too so I can get out of my own neighbourhood without annoying the neighbours too much.
Probably quietly in neutral :D:D

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang

The product description states: Use this muffler with Cat-Back™ systems 140590 (S-Type) and 140591 (ATAK) to create a quieter sound.

I suspect that this may be the resonator that is fitted to the Touring Cat-Back system?

I'm tempted to remove my factory suit case and fit one of those.

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
Hey Drew, have you had your Borla Touring cat back fitted yet? Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi guys for those contemplating whether to go Borla 'S' Type or ATAK catbacks and maybe concerned later that it may be too loud you can always tone both down using the BORLA front resonator which is a direct fit in place of the Borla X-Pipe. Thus far I have only sold a couple of these as most including myself are happy to get around with the X Pipe in place. This only applies to the 2.5" systems. If anyone here in Melbourne needs to hear a car in person more than happy to take you for a run in our GT. I also have Borla Axle Backs in stock for those wanting additional noise and retaining your factory resonator. Also if you are after a price let me know that you are on this forum and I will give you a good deal as many of the folks on here can vouch for. Call me on 03 9553 6915. Cheers Fred

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder

Hi Drew yes that is the same Resonator.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Drew, have you had your Borla Touring cat back fitted yet? Would love to hear your thoughts on it.
Not yet Paul, have been busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Hopefully over the next few days.

:thumbsup:

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
They would not move on price at all when I enquired about a Touring.

I strongly suggest talking to Fred @Vogtland Mustang from Suspension Parts Online.

Would be very surprised if he can't better whatever BE are offering.

http://suspensionpartsonline.com.au/

[MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] thanks so much for your help and tip off to try Fred [MENTION=23751]Vogtland Mustang[/MENTION]. Top bloke who I had a good chat to this morning about the differences between the S Type and the Atak. I will place my order in the next couple of weeks for the Atak as my car delivery becomes a little closer.
Sponsored