Vehicle Showcase

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
Not yet Paul, have been busier than a one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Hopefully over the next few days.

:thumbsup:
No probs Drew I know the feeling. Lets us know what you think when that times comes. I am tossing up between the S axle backs and factory resonator or the cat back touring myself.

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
No problem!

There is a steadily growing base of satisfied customers here.

:thumbsup:
When my time comes I will order from Fred, already spoken to him a couple of times. A good knacker and very genuine :thumbsup:

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Is Anyone here running a Borla Touring and in Perth?

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Do it Daz, you'll love it

Im liking my SLP's but in "D" there is a little drone in "S" there isnt...Just not sure if K's will change the sound to give more or less drone OR go a Borla Touring... May do another 600k's (or two tanks of fuel) and see how they go. Would the touring be considered "NO" Drone?

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Im liking my SLP's but in "D" there is a little drone in "S" there isnt...Just not sure if K's will change the sound to give more or less drone OR go a Borla Touring... May do another 600k's (or two tanks of fuel) and see how they go. Would the touring be considered "NO" Drone?
Zero Drone I assure you. You're the same as me in the sound you are after Im sure, and I dont regret it a second. Im sure [MENTION=7882]Drewbo[/MENTION] will say something similar after his install

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I have the Ford Racing by Borla Touring Axle Back Daz, and it's spot on :thumbsup:

I'm interested to see how it goes over the next few months with k's on it.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Im very happy with the deep muscle sound of mine and the drone is minimal so may hang in there but if the drone worsens Ill keep options open :) I'm fairly certain exhausts change over time? I can never remember if drone gets worse or better?

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi Darryn no Drone on the BORLA Touring, S Type or ATAK. Currently have the S Type cat back on our car and it is totally live able. If you find that it's too loud you can always replace the X pipe with the BORLA resonator/ muffler. Same for the ATAK which is louder again. The Touring is a great compromise if you want sound and a somewhat quieter sound but still have that nice V8 tone when accelerating.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im very happy with the deep muscle sound of mine and the drone is minimal so may hang in there but if the drone worsens Ill keep options open :) I'm fairly certain exhausts change over time? I can never remember if drone gets worse or better?
Can't speak for all exhausts but mine has certainly toned down over time. Drone (if any) has improved also. 4000kms now:thumbsup:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Guys,

If your aftermarket exhausts become a bit much all the time, particularly on a long trip a real easy fix is to either disconnect or delete your sound tube. I didn't have any drone but with my quite loud JBA AB's the noise in the cabin increased more than I imagined it would. I disconnected the sound tube and OH YEAH, no more of that fake nauseating low sound being pumped through the passenger firewall. Just clean clear sound from the rear. You still hear them of course but it removes what I think a few may mistake as a drone when its your sound tube.

A quick way to temporarily disconnect is to get a 25mm rubber stopper used for the leg of a chair or stool and remove the clamp where the sound tube comes out of your air intake and slot the rubber stopper over it and clamp with same clamp or a metal hose clamp and then tape up the end of the sound tube. go for a drive. You will notice it immediately.

Once I tried it I removed it completely never to return. Makes the car much more livable as a DD.

Cheers

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
What about the firewall hole? What did you use to cover that one?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
What about the firewall hole? What did you use to cover that one?
When my Steeda CAI was installed it came with all the plugs required to delete the sound tube. But I understand you can buy those plugs separately. Try Mustang Motorsport or CJ Pony Parts. I understand the firewall plug is a PITA to get to. I just did the temporary delete I mentioned earlier, but knew I wanted it permanently gone when I got the chance.

Mine was done for me when the CAI was installed and my car tuned on the dyno. I've added a nice increase of K's at the wheels which is really noticeable plus it now breathes better with the Steeda CAI.
Sponsored