OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Getting info like that out of my dealer is a bit like getting blood out of a stone. I got a screenshot shot in March, I’ll hassle him again next week for an updated one.

My car (which exists now🤩) is an Atlas Blue 6 speed manual with Recaros. Got the blacked badges too.
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Verbal or email Confirmation ? I believe Nothing unless I have official Confirmation in writing (eg System Screen-Shot), and even then I am skeptical.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
New to the forums. Hi everyone.

I ordered a T4 Fastback Auto in Rapid Red around June 23 and was told to expect delivery around Feb/March next year. A week later I got an email from Ford saying they have my order. A few days after that my dealer contacted me to say Ford has allocated a build number and estimated date of 7/9/22 to go on the production line, pending any delays.

Is this an early build date for an expected Feb/March delivery?

Also, from your own experiences, when have you been able to access the VIN for your cars? I asked about the "build number" used in the dealers email, and he just said this was just an internal order number and the VIN isn't created until it's on the production line.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

I ordered a T4 Fastback Auto in Rapid Red around June 23 and was told to expect delivery around Feb/March next year. A week later I got an email from Ford saying they have my order. A few days after that my dealer contacted me to say Ford has allocated a build number and estimated date of 7/9/22 to go on the production line, pending any delays.

Also, from your own experiences, when have you been able to access the VIN for your cars? I asked about the "build number" used in the dealers email, and he just said this was just an internal order number and the VIN isn't created until it's on the production line.
It seems Ford have ramped up their production lately, and brought your Build (Segmentation) Date forward, as Delivery is currently 2-3 months from production.

VINs are usually allocated to a chassis when the Segmentation Date is allocated, so request your dealer to email you an Order Status Screen-Shot, which should contain your VIN.

Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet

I ordered mid January 2022 and waited nearly 6 months for an allocation so you are lucky. I have been told that my car is scheduled to be built in October also. Based on the projected build date, our cars might be travel buddies on the same ship. We'll see.
My dealer delivery estimate for mine is December/January but they did say it could vary a little.
I reached out to Ford Australia as well and asked for my VIN, but they said its too early for that and the VIN will get allocated later in the process, before actual manufacturing starts. Right now I only have the NSC number that was in the email from Ford, much like you.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
I ordered mid January 2022 and waited nearly 6 months for an allocation so you are lucky. I have been told that my car is scheduled to be built in October also. Based on the projected build date, our cars might be travel buddies on the same ship. We'll see.
My dealer delivery estimate for mine is December/January but they did say it could vary a little.
I reached out to Ford Australia as well and asked for my VIN, but they said its too early for that and the VIN will get allocated later in the process, before actual manufacturing starts. Right now I only have the NSC number that was in the email from Ford, much like you.
Ordered Nov 2021 still waiting for an allocation :(

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
It seems Ford have ramped up their production lately, and brought your Build (Segmentation) Date forward, as Delivery is currently 2-3 months from production.

VINs are usually allocated to a chassis when the Segmentation Date is allocated, so request your dealer to email you an Order Status Screen-Shot, which should contain your VIN.
Thanks. I will contact the dealer at the end of the month to see if segmentation is still on track and ask for the VIN.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
I feel very fortunate that the order and build seemed to come through so quickly. A pre-Christmas delivery would be awesome but I won't hold my breath. Will be interesting to see if our cars travel on the same ship.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Ordered Nov 2021 still waiting for an allocation :(
That’s a very long time to just get an allocation. I’ve seen people order much later than this date and they’re getting their cars now. Where in Australia are you located, if you don’t mind me asking?

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi

First of, welcome! This is an awesome place to be, especially while you patiently wait for your car.

From my limited experience with these sort of things, I’d say you’re probably looking at January/February delivery. Your build date seems reasonable to me, but I could be wrong.

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
I think the dealer you order with makes a huge difference. Larger dealers who sell more Mustangs get a greater allocation from Ford. Some smaller dealers might only get 1 or 2 a month. I went with a high volume Mustang dealer and waited 3 months for allocation for my California special. I thought that was pretty reasonable.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
That’s a very long time to just get an allocation. I’ve seen people order much later than this date and they’re getting their cars now. Where in Australia are you located, if you don’t mind me asking?
Perth :(
Sponsored