Aus 2022 Mustangs

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Does anyone know what the current wait times for a mustang would be if I ordered one today?

Also, how when would you go abouts ordering a MY23 mustang?

I'm thinking about ordering one for one year until the s650 arrives and then deciding if I like it
Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
My very first Mustang was a Ruby Red. A friend has Rapid Red and you can definetly tell the difference. I find theres more goldish flakes in the Rapid Red. Still a nice colour, but nothing will beat the Ruby Red!
Very true. You can see the gold glow in the Rapid Red and it doesn't have the depth of the Ruby Red, but the average punter wouldn't know the difference. I am expecting that many of my friends won't even realise that I have changed cars.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Does anyone know what the current wait times for a mustang would be if I ordered one today?

I'm thinking about ordering one for one year until the s650 arrives and then deciding if I like it
I think it depends on your dealer. Some dealers don't have very big allocations and so their wait times are blowing out.

Just put down a deposit and be honest with the dealer about what you want to do. Any decent dealer that is willing to work with you won't have a problem and would transfer your deposit to a MY23 if you decide to. I know mine would.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I think it depends on your dealer. Some dealers don't have very big allocations and so their wait times are blowing out.

Just put down a deposit and be honest with the dealer about what you want to do. Any decent dealer that is willing to work with you won't have a problem and would transfer your deposit to a MY23 if you decide to. I know mine would.
I have sent off a few emails to dealers over the Easter weekend.

Will be very interesting what the market is like. Will also ve very interesting hoe the market reacts to the s550 once the s650 is officially release or accepting deposits

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

Order - Delivery lead time depends on Dealer Allocations (and there is probably some variation between dealers) and waiting lists, which in turn is contingent on Production Volumes - which currently so far this year have been hit hard with supply chain issues, resulting in a huge backlog of orders. (10) 2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com
So providing there are no more Factory Shutdowns, hopefully Dealer Allocations and Delivery times should start to show signs of improvement soon (?)

From reports, it seems Order to Build times are currently blown out to around 9-12 months, with delivery another 2-3 months..

Regarding Ordering a MY23 - all unfulfilled / un-built orders will automatically default to MY23 after the MY23 Start Date, usually early Jan, so no need to worry unless your car is built before then, in which case it will be a MY22.

Last edited:

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Order - Delivery lead time depends on Dealer Allocations (and there is probably some variation between dealers) and waiting lists, which in turn is contingent on Production Volumes - which currently so far this year have been hit hard with supply chain issues, resulting in a huge backlog of orders. (10) 2022 Mustang PRODUCTION DELAYS | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com
So providing there are no more Factory Shutdowns, hopefully Dealer Allocations and Delivery times should start to show signs of improvement soon (?)

From reports, it seems Order to Build times are currently blown out to around 9-12 months, with delivery another 2-3 months..

Regarding Ordering a MY23 - all unfulfilled / un-built orders will automatically default to MY23 after the MY23 Start Date, usually early Jan, so no need to worry unless your car is built before then, in which case it will be a MY22.
excellent info, thanks
I was quoted from one dealer the wait time is 12 months approximately.
Im requesting a quote to be sent through and may consider putting a deposit down as long as its only a few $1000, with the back up plan of giving the purchase away to someone in the case of my circumstances changing or if i want to wait for the my24

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
excellent info, thanks
I was quoted from one dealer the wait time is 12 months approximately.
Im requesting a quote to be sent through and may consider putting a deposit down as long as its only a few $1000, with the back up plan of giving the purchase away to someone in the case of my circumstances changing or if i want to wait for the my24
I am probably in the same situation as you, now aiming at a MY23, although I was originally going to order one late last year, I have been procrastinating hoping supply will improve and prices will fall from the shortages of last year.

However that brilliant strategic plan was as effective as an SSV Commodore against a GT Mustang in the Bathurst 6 Hr.

With the extended order lead times, it's probably safe to order one next month (or even now?) for a MY23 build, however I think I will wait to June or July at the latest. Good luck with yours.

Last edited:

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know basically what the improvements are in a '22 Mustang GT over (say) an '18 or '19? not counting the california spec, I'm really talking any mechanical differences, safety, trim improvements etc.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know basically what the improvements are in a '22 Mustang GT over (say) an '18 or '19? not counting the california spec, I'm really talking any mechanical differences, safety, trim improvements etc.
The only difference is (1) "Line Lock" (Burnout Mode) for destroying your $1000 set of rear tyres by locking the front brakes for launching when drag racing (2) Remote Engine Start from your Key Fob (from the MY21.5), (3) "Ford Pass Connect" (also from MY21.5). Allows you to connect with your car via cars modem & your Phone App or Computer- Remote start to heat or cool the cabin, lock & unlock car, check fuel & Oil status and Klm check etc

Last edited:

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Also the dash will be different, LCD dash vs anlogue dials in the 18-19, and the 22 will have more tech features like adaptive cruise, carplay etc...

But as mentioned the engine, trans etc... are the same

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Also the dash will be different, LCD dash vs anlogue dials in the 18-19, and the 22 will have more tech features like adaptive cruise, carplay etc...

But as mentioned the engine, trans etc... are the same
My 18 has digital dash, adaptive cruise, line lock and remote start. Don't know about carplay because I don't do apple.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Cheers. I've reached a time in my car ownership career where there is pretty much no incentive to upgrade. No voices in my ear saying "you gotta have this, it would be sooooo much better". as long as it has bluetooth, sat nav (used maybe once a year), and reverse camera I'm pretty much good to go. Our XE has mountains of tech in the infotainment and driver aids that we have never used. I think I'm getting old...

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
My 18 has digital dash, adaptive cruise, line lock and remote start. Don't know about carplay because I don't do apple.
Yes the digital dash, adaptive cruise came as standard from the FN (2018), however line lock and remote start ??? (info below)

Also the awesome B&O 1,000W Audio came in from the 2019 FN.

“While minimal, changes for Model Year 2021.5 Mustang models are led by the addition of the FordPass Connect system – allowing owners to lock/unlock, enable climate settings in, locate and (on auto models) start their car from the FordPass app”. 2021 Ford Mustang price and specs - Drive

“Australia’s favourite sportscar never rests on its laurels. The 2021 Mustang continues its best-selling combination of sleek design, advanced technology and superb performance, but now includes state-of-the-art connectivity that allows you to locate, lock and even start your Mustang remotely.” FMPMGT0361_2021.5MY_Mustang_eBrochure_LR1-FINAL20.05.21.pdf (ford.com.au)

Re 2022 Mustang: “For the first time since the FN Mustang's local launch in 2018, both the 2.3L High Performance and GT variants will be fitted with line lock under Ford's in-car Track Apps, perfect for quick launches at the drag strip.” 2022 Ford Mustang gains line lock and California Special edition (whichcar.com.au)

2018 Mustang (from Brochure)

Audio & Communication

8" Capacitive Touch Screen

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration

Shaker Pro 390W 12 Speaker Sound System with Amplifier and Subwoofer

Bluetooth® Mobile Phone Integration.

SYNC® 3 connectivity system with Applink 3.0 and enhanced voice control.

USB Ports x 2 S S

2021 (from Brochure)

Audio & Communication

8" Capacitive Touch Screen

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration

B&O PLAY 1,000W 12 Speaker Sound System with Amplifier & Subwoofer

Bluetooth® Mobile Phone Integration

FordPass Connect - Embedded Modem.

SYNC® 3 connectivity system with Applink 3.0 & enhanced voice control
Sponsored