Aus 2022 Mustangs

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Yeah that’ll do it. As @Chooka mentioned, the bigger the dealer with lots of Mustang sales, the more allocations they get from Ford. With that being said, I think it’s a pretty stupid system. It’s not like there are any Mustangs just sitting on the lot. It’s worth calling around other dealers, even interstate if you’re up for it. I’m on the Gold Coast and when I was ordering mine, I called every dealer from Cairns to Sydney. Luckily I found a dealer 1.5 hours away with an open allocation that I was able to order exactly what I want. Best of luck.
Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Well due to circumstances that pained me but my 2020 mustang deliverd in early 2021, i had to sell after owner ship of just a few months,

This morning I have managed to place an order for the MY23 mustang identical in specs, Stock V8 Manual, with a delivery date of March 2023

over the past few months ive been keeping track with several dealers and most were either "we arent even taking orders " or "we can get one in 6-12months but that will be an extra $8000 please"

over the past few days, the dealers all seem to have availability for RRP prices and only 7-9 months wait,

wether this is the start of market normalising, or the s650 pushing demand down or the allocations of 2023MY just being released, i dont know!

Reactions: PKs

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
i was going to wait until the s650 was avail and just order it unless it was hideous but without my car I felt like I was missing a piece of me, so I bit the bullet!

Driving my suzuki swift just doesnt satisfy my urges!:)

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
This morning I have managed to place an order for the MY23 mustang identical in specs, Stock V8 Manual, with a delivery date of March 2023
I wish my order was 9 months, its looking like it will be 12-13months until I get it, cant say for sure as I'm still waiting for an allocation.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
But as others have mentioned...I could shop around but I'll give it 1 more month, dealer has been good in the past...

Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
But as others have mentioned...I could shop around but I'll give it 1 more month, dealer has been good in the past...
I'm also in Perth prestj1. As others have said, it does look like orders are freeing up and wait time are coming down. I'm sure you'll get your allocation soon.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I wish my order was 9 months, its looking like it will be 12-13months until I get it, cant say for sure as I'm still waiting for an allocation.
wait why is yours so long? did you order with lots of custom options? if youcould it might even pay to cancel your order and re-order a 2023 model

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Last edited:

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
wait why is yours so long? did you order with lots of custom options? if youcould it might even pay to cancel your order and re-order a 2023 model
Nope stock standard Atlas Blue GT, with magna and stripes...as the commercial goes "nothing special

Sponsored

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Which dealer out of interest? mine was John Hughes.
Mine was Seaview Ford. Did you go manual or 10speed? Mines an 10 speed. Man that was a tough decision to come to. I test drove 4 cars before finally making up my mind. Sometimes I still have doubts about whether I made the right choice.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Mine was Seaview Ford. Did you go manual or 10speed? Mines an 10 speed. Man that was a tough decision to come to. I test drove 4 cars before finally making up my mind. Sometimes I still have doubts about whether I made the right choice.
I ordered an Auto then a day later had buyers remorse as I wanted to hear and drive the v8 with a stick in the traditional sense, so changed it to a manual.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
I chopped and changed all the time as welll...but then thought if I keep thinking I'm wanting a manual..I must actually want a manual so I changed the order...never thought about it again lol

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I chopped and changed all the time as welll...but then thought if I keep thinking I'm wanting a manual..I must actually want a manual so I changed the order...never thought about it again lol
Lol, your story is similar to mine. I initially said I wanted a manual, and the salesman asked me if I've driven an auto. At that point I had not so I took one for a spin and that just confused me. My heart wanted a manual but I found the auto so damn good. So smooth and comfortable and still can be aggressive with downshifting in sport mode. I also enjoyed using the paddles. So yeah its not as engaging as a manual but its reasonably close. Mine will be a daily and will be driven into the city for work twice a week. I work from home 3 days a week. So I think in traffic and on trips down South the auto will be better. But then every now and then I think about a manual V8 and I just grin and smile and wonder if I should have bought the manual. I want both dammit! :crackup:

I tell you what though, when you get on it, that auto is a missile. It shifts so quickly and keep the car pinned at peak power so well. Its bloody fast. I hope I hold onto my license with this car - lol
Sponsored