Audio Not Loud Enough

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
To start off, I have a 2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with base 6 speakers, I upgraded to the navigation system from the bullet and change some codes through forscan but my audio seems very low, I have it at 30 and it sounds super low for being the max
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Sorry I can not help. but my '20 with the B/O 12 speaker isn't all that loud.
My '06 Jeep with oem B/A audio is a LOT louder .

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
To start off, I have a 2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost with base 6 speakers, I upgraded to the navigation system from the bullet and change some codes through forscan but my audio seems very low, I have it at 30 and it sounds super low for being the max
Are you playing music through your phone via Bluetooth or USB? If so, it is most likely the volume on your phone. Happens to me all the time when I play pandora/iHear Radio through my phone using bluetooth and my phone's volume is turned way down.

It it is just standard radio, then you might have a problem.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Well... as the signal is starting to clip at around volume level 16-17 with the stock system (no stock external amplifier) it will never get louder than this volume level 16-17, but only rise distortion.
If you want it louder you need to know one thing.
To double the perceived loudness you need 4-times the power from an amplifier.
So i 2nd the reply from @NGOT8R, time to upgrade your system if you want it louder. And upgrade it with big amps.

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Could there more that needs to be updated in Forscan as the APIM is programmed for the B & O system not the base system? That is a big difference in the number of speakers and power.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
If it was programmed for B&O his volume control wouldn’t work if the 6 speakers are directly connected to the ACM. In addition you program the ACM for B&O, not the APIM. Just like you programmed the ACM for variable line output with the non-Shaker systems.

OP
OP
WolfMxbee

WolfMxbee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolf
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost, 2005 Ford F-150, 1995
Correct and correct, I use Bluetooth and my phone will not let me adjust volume, always at max for Bluetooth to the mustang and radio is same volume (some stations slightly louder then others) but okay perfect, kinda figured, just wanna make sure mine isn't the only one that is this low for base speakers and I did have that audio volume knob issue not working during the swap but all fixed, new questions.. I did my audio system on my 05 F150, alpine type r speakers, amp to power the speakers and a 10" sub with built in amp, so very familiar with audio however not for a stock system like this 2015+, I never seen so many components just for the radio so is there a way to add an amp or will I have to do the same to the truck and wire the speakers directly to the amp then to the receiver or is there a add a amp kit that I found for the older s197's

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Guys, he’s got a base 6-speaker system.
No need for expensive Toslink A2B adapters or stuff like that.

Just use ForScan, program the outputs to variable low level and use a T-harness and a relay to get the signal and remote turn on to your amp. Rewire the speakers and you are good to go.
Sponsored