Sponsored

ARP 7733

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Summit has ARP studs back in stock. 7733’s are “1” over stock length”. UHL is 3.435”. Does this 1” over stock length apply to GT350? I assume the stated 1" over stock length is probably a generic S550 reference.

So the question would be...does a non-R 350 and S550 have the same studs?
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Here's what I can tell you:

My OEM 2016 GT350 front studs are 56.6 mm UHL, which I believe is about 6mm longer than a regular S550. Other model years may have different studs.

My OEM GT350 rear studs are 50.0 mm UHL, which I believe is the same as other S550's.

The 7733's are 87.3 mm UHL including a 10.8 mm nose. Thread length from underside of the head is 76.5 mm.

The OEM GT350 rims are the same depth at the lug nut as all the other OEM Ford S550 rims, so the only reason I can think of for the front lugs being a bit longer is that they are (based on the as-built manifest for my GT350) the same lugs as the Ford GT. Was it a strength thing? Who knows.

In any case, the threads on the 7733's are 20 mm longer than my 2016 OEM front studs and 26 mm longer than the rears.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks @JAJ . What I'm trying to accomplish -- I have Signature wheels and Terrance's Ti open end lug nuts on my car, but I want studs that come to the end of the lug nut. I have exactly 1" of depth left in the rear and about 1 5/8" left in the front with my combo. The 7733's should address the rear prett darn close. The front is going to be short regardless with this stud, but oh well. I think the longer stud will still be better suited even if it doesn't come all the way to the end of the nut. I know there are other options that would accomplish this (OPM has some), but I like the bronze coloring of the ARP's.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks @JAJ . What I'm trying to accomplish -- I have Signature wheels and Terrance's Ti open end lug nuts on my car, but I want studs that come to the end of the lug nut. I have exactly 1" of depth left in the rear and about 1 5/8" left in the front with my combo. The 7733's should address the rear prett darn close. The front is going to be short regardless with this stud, but oh well. I think the longer stud will still be better suited even if it doesn't come all the way to the end of the nut. I know there are other options that would accomplish this (OPM has some), but I like the bronze coloring of the ARP's.
Well, the end of the nose on the 104 mm OP studs will just barely protrude out of the nut. So, your choices are bronze studs that nobody can see, or grey ones that you might be able to color the nose on. Actually, I thought the FP GT4 studs were a bronze color - what about them? I don't know the length but I think they're even longer than the OP's.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm in either an identical situation as you or very close. I too have the EOS Ti lug nuts and I just went and measured.

The fronts are 41.2mm from end of lug to outside face of lug nut in the front.
They are 22.2mm from end of lug to outside face of lug nut in the rear.

Without the lugs off, I can't measure the depth of the lug nut (from outside face) before the threads begin, but it's at least a few mm. (the only reason I mention this is because having the lug threaded all the way to the outside face isn't harmful, but it's also not necessary, hence the head on most of the aftermarket lugs).

I bought new hubs for the GT350R (with extended studs) for the front. Just haven't installed them yet.

I was going to go with the 100-7322 for the rear, but now based on this thread it appears that the 7733 would be more appropriate as I need almost a full inch to have the lug slightly protrude out the end of the nut).

Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@JAJ OP’s R studs would appear to be the best option for measurements. Their R studs are longer (97mm) than their GT4 studs (87mm). All great info; thanks.

@Angrey that checks with my measurements. I would not want the threads to go to the end of the stud anyways. But that’s just a persona, aesthetics preference. And probably makes for easier starting of the lug nut. I could go with the OP R studs in front and 7733’s in the rear (which are about perfect length), but the difference in color would drive me bonkers, LOL.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
@JAJ OP’s R studs would appear to be the best option for measurements. Their R studs are longer (97mm) than their GT4 studs (87mm). All great info; thanks.

@Angrey that checks with my measurements. I would not want the threads to go to the end of the stud anyways. But that’s just a persona, aesthetics preference. And probably makes for easier starting of the lug nut. I could go with the OP R studs in front and 7733’s in the rear (which are about perfect length), but the difference in color would drive me bonkers, LOL.
I'm already committed to the R fronts and the color would only be noticeable if you had a wide angle lens and zoom in on a split screen. I like the nosing better on the ARPs.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Angrey Me too. I think I'm gonna just do the ARP's all four corners. The rears wil be perfect and the fronts will be whatever they'll be.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sooooo, after much debate and a lot of homework, I decided to go ARP 7733 at all four corners. With my wheel/lug combo, there was no perfect solution. The OP R studs on the front were the perfect length but a different color (and a differnt torque rating which I wasn't crazy about) than the 7733, but OP did not have a stud that would be the perfect length for the rear. So the options were to have two different studs that were different colors (and torque specs) or have a front stud that did not sit flush with the end of the lug nut. I chose the latter for all four corners, the ARP.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm going with R hubs for the front and the ARP 7733 for the rear. I received the 7733 this week, but forgot that Ford's dumbass engineers love one time use bolts, so I'm waiting on an axle nut and 8 spindle bolts for the rear. I already had the spindle bolts for the front.

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Same here. Guess I'll swing by the local dealer to grab the axle nut. Not too worried about reusing the spindle/hub bolts. Take note, a lot of those are published as "one time use" not because they are TTY bolts, but because of the thread locker on them.

What I need to figure out next is if my '17 has that 7G273 washer thing or not

80E85331-38E5-46C2-87D0-E85A5C65D7D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Does the GT350 use thrust washers? I have the DSS 2000's and I don't remember if we put a thrust washer on when we installed.

Seems like every place I've searched says it won't fit the car.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Says the trust washer won’t fit???

I found out about the washer digging through the forums here doing axle but research. Best I can put together, it seems like something Ford changed or added later in ‘17. And then to a thicker one sometime after that (someone please correct me if I misspoke). But from the other forum (not here in the 350 room) it could also very likely be a S550 thing and not even a 350 thing.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Says the trust washer won’t fit???

I found out about the washer digging through the forums here doing axle but research. Best I can put together, it seems like something Ford changed or added later in ‘17. And then to a thicker one sometime after that (someone please correct me if I misspoke). But from the other forum (not here in the 350 room) it could also very likely be a S550 thing and not even a 350 thing.
It simply says it's not for my car (2016 GT350). Not sure if they started using them in later years or if it's used at all. Again, I don't remember if I had them when I swapped out to the new DSS or not. I'm going to yank the rear hubs to swap the lugs, so if they're beneficial, I'd love to add them now (rather than deal with all the heartache apparently that comes from not having them).

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That’s a great question and I’m in the same boat. Would be good to know that if one has a car without them, is it something beneficial to add?
Sponsored