Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hey, long time no talk. Lol.

That’s plenty enough length in the rear. The concern for stud length is all up front. I checked with ARP about a year ago for studs and they weren’t sure of the exact front lengths. I would like to do just as you are.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Yes, hello there!

You're looking to upgrade your studs? I've heard MSI is where it's at. I don't require anything that robust. My problem is that I've already purchased the front R hubs so now the studs won't match...which might be an issue since I will probably have to run open ended lugs on the rear with the ARP's. I tried to get the R rear hubs but discovered they were on backorder/discontinued. So here I sit looking at studs instead. *sighs*

Hey, long time no talk. Lol.

That’s plenty enough length in the rear. The concern for stud length is all up front. I checked with ARP about a year ago for studs and they weren’t sure of the exact front lengths. I would like to do just as you are.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Screw it - returning the front hub assemblies and going with MSI. I know myself. It will bug the crap outta me that the studs are different. LOL

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Screw it - returning the front hub assemblies and going with MSI. I know myself. It will bug the crap outta me that the studs are different. LOL
Let me know when you do... I’ll order the studs with u cause I run open lugs year round.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Let me know when you do... I’ll order the studs with u cause I run open lugs year round.

Been trying to get in touch with Curtis but keep missing him. I've been reading that there is no aftermarket equivalent to the R front studs, which are 4" total length. Isn't it a bad idea to go smaller when running the carbon fiber wheels?? I don't want to run smaller than stock studs in the front.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This would be a great question for [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]. He is an expert on this.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
This would be a great question for @Epiphany . He is an expert on this.

Just spoke to Curtis and he doesn't have any fronts in stock. They're currently making studs for OP Mustang and said it would take 4-6 weeks to make some in the sizes we would need. And he only has 10 of the rears in stock. They're less than $13 per stud. Not sure if you wanted the starter nose or not? I don't think I want it...I want to run closed lugs on the cf wheels.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If you spoke with Curtis you got it straight from the horses mouth. This is a busy time of year for him and if he quoted you 4-6 weeks I'm pretty sure that would be the minimum.

If Tim at OP has them I'd get them from him in a heartbeat. Great guy that knows his stuff and really works hard to support the community.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke to Curtis and he doesn't have any fronts in stock. They're currently making studs for OP Mustang and said it would take 4-6 weeks to make some in the sizes we would need. And he only has 10 of the rears in stock. They're less than $13 per stud. Not sure if you wanted the starter nose or not? I don't think I want it...I want to run closed lugs on the cf wheels.
Unless you're planning on doing tire change pit stops, you probably won't need the bullet nose studs.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
If you spoke with Curtis you got it straight from the horses mouth. This is a busy time of year for him and if he quoted you 4-6 weeks I'm pretty sure that would be the minimum.

If Tim at OP has them I'd get them from him in a heartbeat. Great guy that knows his stuff and really works hard to support the community.

I totally would order them from OP but the rear studs don't have the starter nose. I want to buy Curtis' rear studs but they are WITH the starter nose. So if I bought rear studs from Curtis and ordered OP's front studs the noses wouldn't match! :frusty: I don't mind running an open lug, though. I just don't want to wait WEEKS to get this done. Getting tired of this ordeal. First world people problems. lol Anyone wanna buy some cf wheels???? :D

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hear you. This is why my wife will order studs for Caliperfexion quite a bit in advance as when things get busy you always end up waiting longer than you'd like to. I can say this....MSI's stuff is absolutely top notch and if you do get hardware from them you will not be disappointed.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
I hear you. This is why my wife will order studs for Caliperfexion quite a bit in advance as when things get busy you always end up waiting longer than you'd like to. I can say this....MSI's stuff is absolutely top notch and if you do get hardware from them you will not be disappointed.

Yep. I was caught unawares when I took on this endeavor. If I'd known the aftermarket wasn't up to date with the car I probably wouldn't have bought the wheels. I have zero patience. lol I'm just waiting to hear from [MENTION=15817]DrumReaper[/MENTION] to see what he wants to do. Then I'll order direct from Curtis.
Sponsored