Sponsored

ARP 7733

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That’s a great question and I’m in the same boat. Would be good to know that if one has a car without them, is it something beneficial to add?
I have a car without them and I've had the rear hubs off twice and no problem. They actually look like a spring retainer that Ford would use on the production line to keep the half-shaft spline from falling out of the hub before the nut goes on. The GT350 half-shafts are different than the regular S550 ones so it's possible they're not needed. Hard to say.
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wweeellll dangit. Sharing this so others can learn from my failures.

So I measured the rear studs wrong; or should I say, didn't measure them in the right spot. To have a stud that fit my open lugs perfectly, I needed a stud another 1" long that the factory rear 350 stud. I focused on the 7733 being 1" longer than stock and just sent it instead of checking the overall total length comparison between the two studs. Long story short, my 7733's on the rear now prodrude 1/2" out of the lug nut.

So, it would turn out the 7732 would actually be perfect for the rear, but alas, now I can't find those suckers available anywhere.

Correct, there is nothing at all mechanically wrong with this set up. It works perfectly fine. It's just not the look I wanted. Sooo, mad rush to find some 7732's or decision time.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wweeellll dangit. Sharing this so others can learn from my failures.

So I measured the rear studs wrong; or should I say, didn't measure them in the right spot. To have a stud that fit my open lugs perfectly, I needed a stud another 1" long that the factory rear 350 stud. I focused on the 7733 being 1" longer than stock and just sent it instead of checking the overall total length comparison between the two studs. Long story short, my 7733's on the rear now prodrude 1/2" out of the lug nut.

So, it would turn out the 7732 would actually be perfect for the rear, but alas, now I can't find those suckers available anywhere.

Correct, there is nothing at all mechanically wrong with this set up. It works perfectly fine. It's just not the look I wanted. Sooo, mad rush to find some 7732's or decision time.
The confusion comes from UHL vs threaded dimension, etc. I have the 7733's sitting awaiting my install. Now I'm wondering if I should wait for the 7732's. I need a full inch longer than the OE non-R rear studs. Are you saying the 7733's are longer than THAT?

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Angrey While I completely agree figuring out these UHL’s has been confusing, this was not the source of my error. I never checked the length of the stock stud for a comparison. I looked at how much empty lug nut I had (1”) and just went to town. My bad.

Here’s some pics to help out. The stock rear stud vs 7733. I threw in the stock front stud just to show the additional confusion as they also are not the same length.

After this lesson, I have discovered the OPM R studs and mid length studs will fit perfectly with my lug nuts (I think, LOL). So yes, I’m gonna swap them all out and go that route. Lesson learned. I didn’t go that route to begin with because I liked the look and color of the ARP, but have since learned fitment is more importanter to me. The bronze on the ARP studs actually clash quite badly with my Ti lug nuts, hahhahahhaha!!

9DA60146-0C2D-4BDA-BAFD-FCE55DBB6892.jpeg

713BE618-756D-48A0-9709-1454BC1D05CB.jpeg

AABB7A7D-09BB-42E6-B65A-E555A80CEB25.jpeg

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
And I think I just learned somethign else...UHL is from the inside of the base (the hub end) to the end of the threads, not to the end/tip of the bullet. Lovely.

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I know others will think it's sacrilegious, but what's to stop someone from lobbing off the nosing and just using the ARP 7733 from the extended thread point back to the head?

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Nothing.

And as an update, I pulled the trigger on the GT4 studs from OPM. After correctly learning how to measure my needs this time, the total length of those will fit my needs front and rear.

At the risk of ridicule (hey, gotta do whatcha gotta do) the good/bronze color of the ARP studs clashed really really bad with my natural color Ti lug nuts. Couldn’t live with it, LOL. The black will work better.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.