Are Mustangs as delayed as Broncos?

Wickedsprint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Looking to order an EB convertible…how are the lead times compared to the trucks/broncos? Some of those guys are waiting over a year.

Second, are there any known options or colors that definitely delay orders?

Looking for a fun car to grab the kids from school / errands etc. will the 2.3 HPP be wasted on me or will the added power and better brakes actually be appreciated in day to day driving?

You guys have a nice forum here.
Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
It doesn't look like the mustang is nearly as backed up. The Mach 1, and especially the handling package on it is the one that is seeing delays. Eruption green is late availability, which starts 2/7 but due to scheduling issues probably would be early march production at the absolutely earliest. End of March by the time its at the dealer. Same for Purple. Its possible, but unlikely another color available now would get through before them. Mostly its the line is shut down for a week for chips and a scheduled shutdown in February.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd wager you'd have no trouble getting your hands on an EB HPP.

Bronco is very backed up. My dealers of choice (i.e. those that don't play price games) told me they wouldn't even quote one since the backlog is going to last a year or better.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
+1 on the others about the Bronco and now Maverick getting that way too. so crazy I read a headlne "Woman Buys Bronco as MSRP found at Dealer!!!" yep it was in Alaska. ha! Getting a EB convertible great! I hope your kids are small or don't grow much, back seats are almost cosmetic. ;)

OP
OP

Wickedsprint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Still looking

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The 2.3 HPP reviews that I’ve seen have been very positive. I drive my kids around a lot in my GT, but they are all still elementary school aged. Good luck!

PS - I like my Mustang better than my Bronco although both are fun cars.

BB352C34-BB4C-4D6D-A14E-BAA04A66DF5F.jpeg

OP
OP

Wickedsprint

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
The 2.3 HPP reviews that I’ve seen have been very positive. I drive my kids around a lot in my GT, but they are all still elementary school aged. Good luck!

PS - I like my Mustang better than my Bronco although both are fun cars.

BB352C34-BB4C-4D6D-A14E-BAA04A66DF5F.jpeg
That’s a great looking Bronco. Love those steelies on the Black Diamond. That is the trim I would get for sure.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Broncos had multiple delay issues causing them to back up. Including 2 delays because of the hardtop. When I picked up my GT in November the dealership told me the hardtop was still an issue causing delays at that time. Im sure it became compounded as it went on and more orders amassed.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That’s a great looking Bronco. Love those steelies on the Black Diamond. That is the trim I would get for sure.
I wasn’t sure how the steelies would look when I ordered them, but I’m really happy with them in the end. I got the Black Diamond with as few electronics as possible so I could fully use the convertible and removable doors without worrying about ruining stuff in the rain/mud. A lift might be in order someday, but I’m not sure how I’ll get into it then since it has rock rails! I also don’t know how I convinced myself to pay for a color. I do really like the orange though, especially with the black contrast. It’s much more interesting than my silver Mustang (although the silver seems to have the unintended benefit of deterring police attention). I picked up my 2020 in early 2021 so there weren’t many manual cars left at that point.

82520494-325D-4451-AA45-B846E4372DB4.jpeg

Last edited:

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
(although that seems to have the unintended benefit of deterring police attention).
Funny. I have always perceived myself and regularly heard that flashy colors on sports/muscle cars drew more attention from the popo boys. But when i had my 2017 deep pearl blue maxima i was pulled over multiple times in the 1.5yr I had it. But both my ruby red pp Ecoboost and my Rapid Red Black Accent GT not a single time and i don't even notice suspicious looks.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There's a post elsewhere stating that a member here got his new GT in eight weeks. That's impressive these days, and bodes well for the OP's intentions. Hell, it took three months to get my '15.

My brother ordered a loaded Maverick XLT yesterday for a new DD. Dealer said six months out.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
There's a post elsewhere stating that a member here got his new GT in eight weeks. That's impressive these days, and bodes well for the OP's intentions. Hell, it took three months to get my '15.

My brother ordered a loaded Maverick XLT yesterday for a new DD. Dealer said six months out.
Thanks, I have a '22 stang on the way, and wife is going to order either a 4 dr Bronco (my choice) or a Maverick (fine with this as well) in the next month. We had tentatively planned on going to the dealer this week, but fell through, we were wondering how far out they were.
Sponsored