bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well it is what it is. I liked the 5th gen Camaro's looks enough to buy one back in 2011. I grew tired of the horrible interior, Uncomfortable seats and craptastic visibility. The new cars has improved on all the things I didn't like about the 5th gen. After driving a few 6th gens. I can say they are fine driving cars. But they still need a little more improving on the things that most people buy a car for. Joe smoe could care less about a 12.4 Vs. a 12.7 quarter mile. It's not like the car will ever see a race track anyway. And little suzie homemaker cant tell a 2011 Camaro from a 2016!

Last edited:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to predict..about 6 posts before we see the "I'm glad they're not everywhere, I like having a more rare car" ..which is usually the red flag pointing at a massive idiot.
We have a winner! Congrats MovieGuy on Camaro6!

MovieGuy said:
Bought mine April 19. I like having a less common car.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
the CRAPMARO is flopping and the chevy lovers always try to throw in all of the sales are good for everybody crap.i say take that camaro turn it sidw ways and stick it strait up your candy ......:cheers::lol::ford:FORD only, screw Garbage Motors.:ford:

Sponsored

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
This is not rocket science though guys. The Mustang is the cheaper, better packaged car. People see with X plan, that they can get a fast V8 for thousands less. That being said, I know chevy would like to see a higher number, but 7-8k a month will keep the Camaro around for a long time. Which is great for everyone!
Yes.
That is easy to explain too. The car wasnt out for 8 years. Then it came out with the help of a hugely popular (shitty) movie. The price was pretty close too. Now the price is further apart and the car looks very similar to the old generation.
And yes.

Correct on all accounts. The Camaro was gone for a long time, chevy came out with a way cool looking car, it was aided by the movie, pricing was more in line, the S550 came out which a COMPLETELY different looking car, chevy came out (on the outside) with a car that was way to close in appearance to the outgoing model and it's more expensive.

The question becomes however, will they continue to sell 7-8k a month? I have serious reservations they will be able too. The 6G has been out for a while now and the sells are less then stellar. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but having the car look so similar was the biggest error of them all.

If one thought that 5G was getting long in the tooth I don't see how, a NEW model that is not selling very well is going to get better sales looking like the old model. To me at least, the look is loooong worn out. Add in the fact it's more expensive and it just appears like a recipe for disaster to me.

A year from now they might only be selling 4-5k a month...

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yes.
And yes.

Correct on all accounts. The Camaro was gone for a long time, chevy came out with a way cool looking car, it was aided by the movie, pricing was more in line, the S550 came out which a COMPLETELY different looking car, chevy came out (on the outside) with a car that was way to close in appearance to the outgoing model and it's more expensive.

The question becomes however, will they continue to sell 7-8k a month? I have serious reservations they will be able too. The 6G has been out for a while now and the sells are less then stellar. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but having the car look so similar was the biggest error of them all.

If one thought that 5G was getting long in the tooth I don't see how, a NEW model that is not selling very well is going to get better sales looking like the old model. To me at least, the look is loooong worn out. Add in the fact it's more expensive and it just appears like a recipe for disaster to me.

A year from now they might only be selling 4-5k a month...
This is a very fair assessment :(

Historically, the Camaro sold its highest monthly numbers during April and May. In all honesty, I doubt they will replicate their April-May '16 numbers this year unless there is major cash on the hood. If the Camaro couldn't break 7000 in April with the EcoDuke, Convertible and Fleet sales ALL moving in April/May, it would be over. At 7400, there is still hope. However, the first April and May of a new cars/model/generation should be THE best selling months. Next April could see a 10-20% decrease and they haven't turned a single profitable dollar since :(

Hell, we could see sales drop 10-20% in June 2016!!!

The 6th Gen was a step backwards. Nothing about the new Camaro is ATS quality, absolutely nothing.

OP
OP

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-beats-chevrolet-camaro-dodge-challenger-april-sales

For the 4th time this year and the 18th consecutive month, the Ford Mustang has outsold the Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger, making the Mustang the bestselling sporty car in America as the new model continues its domination of the global performance car sales.

Mustang’s Big April Numbers
In April 2016, Ford sold 12,726 examples of the Mustang in the United States while Chevrolet sold just 7,457 examples of the Camaro and Dodge sold just 6,412 examples of the Challenger. Mustang sales are down slightly compared to the same month last year, but with more than 12,000 units sold for just the 5th time in the 5 years that I’ve been covering muscle car sales – all of which came since the 2015 Mustang was introduced.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
http://www.torquenews.com/106/ford-mustang-beats-chevrolet-camaro-dodge-challenger-april-sales

For the 4th time this year and the 18th consecutive month, the Ford Mustang has outsold the Chevrolet Camaro and the Dodge Challenger, making the Mustang the bestselling sporty car in The world as the new model continues its domination of the global performance car sales.
Fixed that for them.
problably been posted elsewhere but the Mustang is the best selling sports car (or sporty car if you're feeling pedantic) in the world by a fairly large margin.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1103517_the-ford-mustang-is-your-global-sports-car-sales-leader.

Just as GM always does, Mimicking Ford, Mustang launches in '65 camaro in 68, 4cyl turbo New Mustang followed by a 4cyl turbo Camaro, GM is now considering RHD sales, which they originally said they wouldn't do.
http://www.torquenews.com/106/gm-now-considering-right-hand-drive-chevrolet-camaro

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Fixed that for them.
problably been posted elsewhere but the Mustang is the best selling sports car (or sporty car if you're feeling pedantic) in the world by a fairly large margin.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1103517_the-ford-mustang-is-your-global-sports-car-sales-leader.

Just as GM always does, Mimicking Ford, Mustang launches in '65 camaro in 68, 4cyl turbo New Mustang followed by a 4cyl turbo Camaro, GM is now considering RHD sales, which they originally said they wouldn't do.
http://www.torquenews.com/106/gm-now-considering-right-hand-drive-chevrolet-camaro

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.
Don't forget the 1984-1986 SVO Mustang and its 4 cyl turbo powerplant. Had amazing handling capabilities back in the day and came with adjustable Koni's from the factory. I had a 1985.5 and LOVED that car.
Sponsored