Sponsored

April 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers Released

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
thePill brought this up last year, I compared the C7's $6500+ dollar MSRP increase in less than 18 months.

This is about to get bad...

7400 sales is workable, with a little media and a few design changes, sales could improve to tolerable levels. The zl1 won't help much especially if we anticipate a 10-20% decrease in the next 6-9 months just because the Camaro sucks that bad.

However, I suggest YOUR profit margins stay slim so the customer doesn't suffer. It's the "faithful" gettin' got now.

YOU CANT PRICE BUMP ALREADY CHEVY!!!
Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I have a feeling that the Camaro will be refreshed design wise very quickly. The performance and options available are amazing. The exterior in person up close looks very nice. Take the 5th gen and make it more modern and athletic and that is the 6th gen. There needed to be more of a change. I honestly believe that the minimal exterior design changes were not enough to create a huge boom in sales for the Camaro. I think the fact that they are banging out all of the Hi Po variants so quickly shows that this will be a shorter term for the 6th gen Camaro. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have a feeling that the Camaro will be refreshed design wise very quickly. The performance and options available are amazing. The exterior in person up close looks very nice. Take the 5th gen and make it more modern and athletic and that is the 6th gen. There needed to be more of a change. I honestly believe that the minimal exterior design changes were not enough to create a huge boom in sales for the Camaro. I think the fact that they are banging out all of the Hi Po variants so quickly shows that this will be a shorter term for the 6th gen Camaro. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
It makes absolute zero business sense to invest 4 years of R&D into a platform that could last less than 3 years. Of course, it could be a "Cut our losses" and production could end... but what's next? What paid for the R&D for 7th Gen? I'm sure they planned on a 5-7 year generation. The announcement of the 1LE, zl1 and spy shots of a z28 getting worked on is market panic.

Someone assumes the missing 3000-5000 sales are the EcoDuke, Vert, 1LE and zl1. Sadly, it is not...

The only hope now is to attempt to show a pulse and push for a May w/ 8000+ sales.

A decrease in May is bad. A decrease from the current 7500 is bad. The MSRP increase is bad... a refresh at this point is bad, all the 2016-2017's won't sell. Some lots can't take in any EcoDukes or Convertibles due to excess V6/SS stock. Announcing the 1LE pack and zl1 was bad because it created some hold outs. The slow roll out was bad and caused sales to slow then they rushed HALO roll out and it possibly created hold outs. A refresh announcement would create more restraint.

What a mess...

The Mustang added 3 new color options and MSRP's have been locked since 2015. The GT350 got a track pack standard...

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The 6thGen is just as cartoony as the 5thGen, styling-wise. If you liked the previous model, you probably like the new one. Camaro had it's boom time when the 5th Gen came to market.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The new bragging point?

Average Transaction Prices...that's right..they're bragging about how the Camaro has higher ATP's...

Whatever floats their boat, more power to them.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The new bragging point?

Average Transaction Prices...that's right..they're bragging about how the Camaro has higher ATP's...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The new bragging point?

Only a knuckle head would think like this. Anyone that thinks selling 3000 less cars a month is somehow a better business plan might want to go back to business 101.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Only a knuckle head would think like this. Anyone that thinks selling 3000 less cars a month is somehow a better business plan might want to go back to business 101.
Works for Ferrari. But, of course, Camaro is no Ferrari...

Sponsored

Jenkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I'm patiently waiting for my time to buy. While I wait there's a gtpp, eco boost with pp, v6 very and as of last week another gtpp driven by some fit chick who prances around in yoga pants at my complex. I'd weather buy a house first before a new car but man it's tempting!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Works for Ferrari. But, of course, Camaro is no Ferrari...
Only the hardcore Camaro6 members thing they drive Ferrari's.;)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
OMG...These 2 posts are hysterical.....I just lost 10 IQ points reading this. Now I know why I never go over there. Oh and besides the fact I don't own a Camaro.
camaro6.jpg

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Canadian Sales for April 2016

Mustang: 1380 (http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/ford-mustang-sales-figures.html)
Camaro: 348 (http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/chevrolet-camaro-sales-figures.html)
Challenger: 469 (http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/dodge-challenger-sales-figures.html)

Wow! The numbers are huge for Mustang. Camaro did more sales in April 2015 than this year. Challenger out sold Camaro in Canada.
Oh my!!! I was under the impression that the numbers that were always reported were North American sales. According to TorqueNews, the 12,700 Mustang's were sold in the US ONLY.

The overwhelming draw the new Mustang creates is far more impressive than a Stand Alone Platform and a Flat Plane Crank V8 over 5 liters.

I'm not even certain Ford had this in mind... Maybe some 10,000 months here and there. All together there could be more than 15,000-17,000 Mustang's sold a month.

It's more consistent than the 2005-'06 Mustang now too!!!

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Wait, are they really bragging that their car costs more money per unit and sells less?
Sponsored