Sponsored

April 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers Released

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Riight... and this wasn't the case the last 10 years? Seems like a convenient argument to use now when clearly pricing was not the most important factor when the Camaro was leading the sales race. Obviously something has changed. Price differences have not changed much, but two redesigned models/platforms are now competing and buyers are showing which they prefer.
That is easy to explain too. The car wasnt out for 8 years. Then it came out with the help of a hugely popular (shitty) movie. The price was pretty close too. Now the price is further apart and the car looks very similar to the old generation.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i finally got a chance to sit inside a 16 camaro this past weekend. mustang interior still spanks it imo. camaro interiors still sucks. still need to drive one though but I would never own one. people aren't joking when they say you can't see out of it.

my dad has a 15 camaro rental right now and he's done nothing but bitch about how terrible it is compared to driving my car. told him we need to test drive the 16s to see what the hooplah is all about but i still have zero interest in ever owning one.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The same red flag usually points to the "all I see driving Mustangs are women".
Yep.

Along with "The Camaro has been the more enthusiast focused vehicle" or something like that..yeah..tell me all about how those late 70's Camaro with the 305, peg-leggin' rear end and 150 rip-roaring horses was the "enthusiasts" vehicle..

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't think it's a "token" response...he has said the same thing over on Camaro6 when they're deciding to not ignore the news.

it's only a matter of time before Enator posts the stats, then we'll really see the ignoring and "sales don't matter" game start up.

I'm going to predict..about 6 posts before we see the "I'm glad they're not everywhere, I like having a more rare car" ..which is usually the red flag pointing at a massive idiot.
Yep. The 2003 to 2009 were really rare!!!!;)

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I have seen a new Camaro on the street. I don't THINK I have. That may be part of the problem. The 6th gen Mustang was such a big departure from the 5th gen in regard to style. The Camaro is supposedly a much better car than the last gen but has it set itself apart with the general public? Gearheads know the score but uninformed tire kickers may not have noticed. If only some of the same pixie dust that was sprinkled on the new Vette had been shared with the Camaro. I love the new Corvette, very distinctive and dare I say a bit exotic looking? The new Mustangs have been a little bit polarizing but at least people are talking about it.

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I don't think it's a "token" response...he has said the same thing over on Camaro6 when they're deciding to not ignore the news.

it's only a matter of time before Enator posts the stats, then we'll really see the ignoring and "sales don't matter" game start up.

I'm going to predict..about 6 posts before we see the "I'm glad they're not everywhere, I like having a more rare car" ..which is usually the red flag pointing at a massive idiot.
Below are list of rare cars catagories:

Classic cars
Old and ugly cars out of production (pinto)
Limited production cars (z06, gt350, gt500,,,,)
Exotic cars
New cars arent selling (jukes,,,)

I dont see camaro falling into any of these cat. Camaro sell enough to stay alive for now. The question is how long camaro going to continue with this pace before it needed a new design.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I don't get what the hoopla is all about I guess. I didn't get the camaro because I didn't care for the visibility, look, or interior. Some people are perfectly fine with it. I don't get why anyone cares who sold the most. You guys are like a cult or something lol. I can sort of understand people arguing driving, features, performance... just not who sold the most.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I don't get what the hoopla is all about I guess. I didn't get the camaro because I didn't care for the visibility, look, or interior. Some people are perfectly fine with it. I don't get why anyone cares who sold the most. You guys are like a cult or something lol. I can sort of understand people arguing driving, features, performance... just not who sold the most.
It's getting even for 4 years of "THE BEST SELLING MUSCLE CAR IN AMERICA" bullcrap we had to listen to from Camp Camaro. The Mustang was taking the Camaro to the woodshed in every way but they were hanging their hat on "But we're the best selling car"..

Now the tables are turned, and they're having to eat a little crow.

That's all, as long as all three cars sell enough to keep development going, keep the lights on and maintain production, that's all I care about.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
That's all, as long as all three cars sell enough to keep development going, keep the lights on and maintain production, that's all I care about.
This. And right now all three makers are making great cars, and they are selling well enough to keep making them faster. Whooop to the times we are in fellas. They will not last forever.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The Camaro is too pricey. Take me. I'm a cheapass and a wannabe enthusiast. I.e. I would be an enthusiast if I had money, but since I don't, I don't count. But I'm still very concerned about performance.

Performance for the dollar... Ford wins by a landslide. I couldn't get a mid-range V6 gen6 Camaro for what I got this GT for. Instead of comparing trim lines, which results in an Camaro victory in most examples, compare price points.

In most price points Mustang competes in, it wins, often in BOTH performance and features. THAT is why it sells.

Sponsored

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Trolls like popping up in the middle of a circle jerk I guess.

Yes no one cares about visibility they are all to busy texting to look out the windows.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
And gone....That dude has registered under 5-6 different names since being banned. Good grief. Homeslice has some serious issues.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Why does it seriously matter that Zane is here? He's not rude, antagonistic or roaming around every board.

This is only an issue because people are making it one, if they didn't then there wouldn't even be a ripple on this pond.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Gentlemen.......calm down and keep it civil, please.