Sponsored

Apple CarPlay Issues

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced connectivity issues with CarPlay? My connection seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it connects right up, and sometimes I have to connect/disconnect the cable multiple times for the car to "see" my iPhone. Other times, in the middle of a drive, it just disconnects. I have tried 2 brand new Anker cables, both with the same results.

I will also try one of the standard Apple cables this week. I was also thinking about getting a BT CarPlay device off Amazon, but I really like the fact that I can charge my phone through the cable.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sponsored

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Hi guys,

Has anyone experienced connectivity issues with CarPlay? My connection seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it connects right up, and sometimes I have to connect/disconnect the cable multiple times for the car to "see" my iPhone. Other times, in the middle of a drive, it just disconnects. I have tried 2 brand new Anker cables, both with the same results.

I will also try one of the standard Apple cables this week. I was also thinking about getting a BT CarPlay device off Amazon, but I really like the fact that I can charge my phone through the cable.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Not sure if it is relevant for you but I had issues with CarPlay in my Mustang. It turns out I had a VPN that I use when I travel turned on on my phone and that was messing things up somehow.

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Not sure if it is relevant for you but I had issues with CarPlay in my Mustang. It turns out I had a VPN that I use when I travel turned on on my phone and that was messing things up somehow.
Interesting! I'll try turning my VPN off in the car and see if it gets any better. Thank you!

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Interesting! I'll try turning my VPN off in the car and see if it gets any better. Thank you!
No problem. I would be interested in hearing if turning the VPN off works for you. I hope it does.

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
No problem. I would be interested in hearing if turning the VPN off works for you. I hope it does.
Well, on the way back from work it decided to work perfectly fine! So we shall see!

Sponsored

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Well, on the way back from work it decided to work perfectly fine! So we shall see!
Interesting. If I remember correctly mine worked as long as my cell coverage was good but messed up when I lost coverage. Since turning the VPN off I have had no issues at all no matter how the good or bad the cell signal strength is.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My iPhone 11 Pro has done that once, connected via USB to connecter under climate controls. Had to restart the car. That was early on when I bought it, in Oct-Nov range. Since then I have not had it happen, and have updated Sync several times with new versions.
Sponsored