Anyone using a harness bar?

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
If so which one are you using? Coming from a track car with bolted in rear roll protection which also served as a good mounting point for my harnesses. Going to start taking the GT350 to to track for HPDE / Open Days. Would like to preserve the rear seats as the kids like weekend rides so was thinking about going a harness bar route to be able to use my harnesses. Most interested in better securing myself into the seat and being able to use my Hans.

https://www.ogracing.com/products/brey-krause-r-1180-harness-bar-ford-mustang-s550

The Brey Krause option looks pretty nice - company has a good reputation for quality products. Plan would be to get the mounting points installed and then try to remove it in between events which I fully expect will prove to be a bigger PITA than I would like. Mike Maier (local fabricator / mustang guy) looks to have taken a different route but that would make it even easier to pull just the cross section out.

https://mikemaierinc.com/products/2...stang/2015-mustang-mod-seat-belt-harness-bar/
Sponsored

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
I recommend Schroth Quick Fit Pro. You can keep your back seat, and use a HANS device. Very simple install, and you can take the harness in and out of the car in less than 5 mins when you don't need it. And you don't need a harness bar to run it; it uses factory mounting points.

https://www.schrothracing.com/item/schroth-quickfit-pro/tuning-Harnesses

I have it installed in my GT500 and find that it keeps me very well planted in the seat.

OP
OP
SchnellGT350

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The video in the link above may have just sold me on going the quickfit route. Thanks!

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I recommend Schroth Quick Fit Pro. You can keep your back seat, and use a HANS device. Very simple install, and you can take the harness in and out of the car in less than 5 mins when you don't need it. And you don't need a harness bar to run it; it uses factory mounting points.

I have it installed in my GT500 and find that it keeps me very well planted in the seat.
That is totally awesome! I was not familiar with a 4-point system that connected into your stock safety system.. Thanks for posting this!

Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Please be aware that a fair number of autocross/HPDE events and hosts do not accept the Schroth Quickfit. Double check with whoever/wherever you are planning to HPDE/Autocross.

@Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Please be aware that a fair number of autocross/HPDE events and hosts do not accept the Schroth Quickfit. Double check with whoever/wherever you are planning to HPDE/Autocross.

@Bossdog
thanks for the heads up, Iā€™ll check with the organizations I run with before making a decision.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible

Totally second this endorsement! I added them to my vert last year, super easy to install. Also the folks at Schroth were super helpful in pointing me away from another harness they make to these as better options for safety being they latch into the Mustang belts keeping your airbag sensors still working.

cstunkard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500, '19 GT350R, '23 F150 Raptor
I also have a set installed in my ā€˜07 GT500 and they are great for Autocross. Even kept the rear seatbelt hardware installed when doing a rear seat delete so that I could continue to use them. Took a bit of work to have the install come out clean but happy with the result.
IMG_2021.jpeg

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I checked with Track day organizer, AutoInterests, who I run with at least once a year, they said NO, Scroth quick pro won't pass their inspection.
BMW club Buckeye chapter said yes, but must have equal safety restraints for passenger ( which I was familiar with)

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

@Bossdog
My Trackcross organizer would not accept it.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have this one and use it in conjunction with fixed back race seats. The bar lines up great with the shoulder harness slots in the seats so the angle of the belts over my shoulders is not a concern with compressing my spine in an incident. With stock seats I think the harness bar is too low and causes shoulder belts to have too much angle down off the back of the seat.

I am totally cool with it for an autox setup but makes me nervous on open track. I'm fast enough now with the car that I feel it is time to step up to a 4-point cage and HANS. I think if you're considering something like this for open track use just get a 4-point cage instead.

https://mikemaierinc.com/products/2...stang/2015-mustang-mod-seat-belt-harness-bar/

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase

@Bossdog
This may be a new change to Autointerests. I used the Schroth Quick fit last year. Fortunately I upgraded to Watson 4 point and Schroth Profi II ASM this winter.

IMG_7445.jpeg

IMG_7423.jpeg
Sponsored