Sponsored

What seat and harness are you all using

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I have been setting up my 2016 GTPP for trackday use and am now at the point that i think i need a better seat and restraing system. I do not think the stock set up will keep me in the seat. I just installed the quick fit pro but don't think its for me.
I have substantially upgraded the suspension and am running NT01's with a square setup.

Would like to hear what some of you are using. I am thinking 5 or 6 point harness, race seat, and roll bar is the smart way to go.
I like to DD the car and my wife like to drive it as well. She also has a z06 so she can do without the mustang.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

hulk_smash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm running Cobra Sebring Pro with Cobra rails, Planted seat mounts and Schroth Profi6 harness.

It's a very tight fit but it fits. For such a big ass car, the interior of the s550 is so small. :ford:

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
Sparco Evo II, Sparco 6-pt with MM rollbar. MM doesn't make one for s550 yet. Sparco is very comfortable even on longer drives with my "track-prepped" suspension.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Recaro Speed seats. Planted mounts lower you ~1". I ended up going with custom fabricated mounts to get another 1" (6'4", so I need all the headroom I can get).

Schroth Quick Fit (s197) harness.

Sponsored

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
My goal was best value for a safe system, and ended up with the Corbeau Forza Sport (FIA approved version) seats, Corbeau double-locking sliders, G-Force 6pt camlock harnesses, and Watson 4pt roll bar.

Very happy :)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
^^^ Very similar story. I ended up splurging on the seat a little bit but still got a deal.

Sparce QRT-Carbon seat, all Sparco mounting brackets, hardware, 6 pt harnesss etc.
Sponsored