Sponsored

Anyone regret going forced induction?

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Zero regrets. It is like heroine though... once its in your system you are always wanting more.
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I'm on a first name basis with the guys at the gas station by my house and by my office. I think I'm putting their kids through college now.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
The only thing I regret at the moment is buying 1000cc injectors. I should have bought 1300's. Now I'm stuck at 850whp until I pony up for injectors.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I'm on a first name basis with the guys at the gas station by my house and by my office. I think I'm putting their kids through college now.
I hear that. I kind of wish I hadn't discovered the pump close to me that has 100 octane unleaded for $7/gallon.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am very happy with my car but living in the city means I don't get to use the power too much. It will over power most tires and it is a handful in the street. On the track it is a monster and tons of fun. I am not sure I would do it again but it sure is fun.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
this is my first s/c car ive had a few turbos lower hp though..i wish i would have got one sooner lol ... smile on my face all the time ...
i traded my 16 magnetic gt for a pp lightning blue roush 670hp.. and loving it

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I love mine boosted , only damn problem is it's worthless on the street ...The track is a hole different story :) But it is kind of nice going to a car show with a 9 second daily driver ... :)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
heck no!

all the boost belong to us!

hit me up with any questions or if you need to bend someones ear!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
OG2hHwW.jpg

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
No regrets at all, I love boost.

However it can get more expensive than you think. If you're boosting a stock car, be ready for the possibility of things breaking. A few thousand miles after my Procharger was in I broke my 6R80. Next I'm waiting for the engine to need a rebuild.

Even "safe" (lower power) setups aren't "safe". When modding, especially boosting, things can and will eventually break. I still dont regret going FI, but I do wish I planned better financially beforehand for the failures that come after FI lol.

EDIT: I ate my words here. On the way home after typing this post my engine blew. :frusty:

Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
heck no!
all the boost belong to us!
hit me up with any questions or if you need to bend someones ear!
誰かが私たちにビーフケーキをくれました!
Somebody set us up the beefcake.

すべてのあなたのブーストは私たちに属しています!
All your boost are belong to us!

あなたのタイヤは生き残るチャンスがありません。ホンダモーターのようなあなたの人生を楽しんでください。
You tires have no chance to survive make your time.

Lol, no regrets with the Whipple. The whipple OEM tune and OEM grade support is the lowest risk FI solution.
If you stay with 3.7 pulley, on an auto or properly driven manual, you should not be breaking anything. These drivetrains are so tough and overbuilt. I run mine very hard at the track and on the street.
4 sets of tires in 14k miles. 11.2 Life time mpg. I haul ass everywhere.
Do it.

常に大きな馬力でタイヤを破壊する.
Take off every burnout.

Last edited:

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
it goes with any modded car .. depends how you drive,i've built n/a cars and broke stuff cause i was beating the crap out of it more then i should have been lol .these motors are stout with opg,s done to be safe. just have to drive like ya have sense.. if your tracking the car .. or going to the track every weekend then yeah stuff gunna fail

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
No regrets at all, I love boost.

However it can get more expensive than you think. If you're boosting a stock car, be ready for the possibility of things breaking. A few thousand miles after my Procharger was in I broke my 6R80. Next I'm waiting for the engine to need a rebuild.

Even "safe" (lower power) setups aren't "safe". When modding, especially boosting, things can and will eventually break. I still dont regret going FI, but I do wish I planned better financially beforehand for the failures that come after FI lol.

EDIT: I ate my words here. On the way home after typing this post my engine blew. :frusty:

Seriously!?!?!?

What happened?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I love when the truth comes out!! Thanks for sharing the negatives that we rarely hear about.

I'm not prepared for the extra cost and hassle (some are) so as much as FI is tempting, I'll resist.
Sponsored