Sponsored

Anyone here who feels guilty for tracking their car?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I guess catered more towards financing/owners, not leasing.

Even 20-30 second long pulls on a long stretch of highway, I start to feel guilty and pat my cars dash. I guess I've always babied things. I can't imagine driving it to the ground for like an hour straight or more at a track.

But I also want to, to get better at driving so I don't kill myself on the streets, and just to safely see it's limits. But I'm not sure if I can even enjoy myself. I'm probably being silly, but anyone else have this anxiety? How did you get over it?
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I wouldn't have bought the car if I felt I couldn't enjoy it. Not that that means I'm driving it into the ground like the Dukes of Hazzard but I'm getting my money's worth out my of Mustang.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not really. It's meant to be driven. Now abusing it is another story.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

Even 20-30 second long pulls on a long stretch of highway, I start to feel guilty and pat my cars dash. I guess I've always babied things. I can't imagine driving it to the ground for like an hour straight or more at a track.

But I also want to, to get better at driving so I don't kill myself on the streets, and just to safely see it's limits. But I'm not sure if I can even enjoy myself. I'm probably being silly, but anyone else have this anxiety? How did you get over it?

Oh man... ummm.... NOPE.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
These cars are built to be driven hard!

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Not until now. Thanks Ahole. hahaha J/k Maybe these Notorious B.I.G. lyrics will hypnotize you and bring you solace. :D:lol:

"Escargot, my car go, one sixty, swiftly
Wreck it buy a new one
Your crew run run run, your crew run run"

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
I don't beat on my car but I take it WOT every day multiple times. Make sure she's warmed up and keep her maintained then go to town. treat her like your lady namsayin

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I do, but I don't

Hard to explain.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
It hurt my feelings seeing them winch it on a rollback with 1000 on the odometer when I broke a half shaft. I love drag racing the car at the track but I am scared it will break every time I take it.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
#growaset

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I do it my like girlfriend hard and fast and put her away before the wife knows about it.....

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
No way.
I only feel guilty when I let it get too dirty.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not even a little. Car sees redline countless times during each drive, autocross 10+ times a year, drag day this coming friday etc.

Its made to do this. I broke my car in hard, and it hasn't missed a beat. No oil burning, and is a blast. I maintain it well, about to do my 4th oil change (1/4/7/10k coming up this week prior to drag day) swapped out trans and diff fluid too.

Maintain it well, drive it hard, and enjoy it.

I actually enjoy seeing cars that are a little rough/dirty/etc with proper tires, camber and battle scars than I do cream puffs. You know what cars were used/enjoyed, and what ones sat in a garage.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I would love to take mine to the drag strip just to learn to do it i-general, but if I bang it up I'm out 34k (financed). :( Not worth the risk.
Sponsored