OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Just gonna share my experience thus far.. reaching out to nick got me in touch with the technician manager. He asked for the plugs I used and what the compression test was provided both. He then provided an over night pick for my computer so the calibration team could check it out. When I spoke with him today he said we are at the early stage of this. For me that does not sound good since I’m paying out rental. I’m almost to the point of just buying a new motor any recommendations?
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Time to buy an old beater truck? You can use it for basic transportation and for running parts around while fixing the car. When done you can sell for nearly the purchase price if you choose.

Not ideal, I know, but it’s my contingency plan if my car breaks.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Just gonna share my experience thus far.. reaching out to nick got me in touch with the technician manager. He asked for the plugs I used and what the compression test was provided both. He then provided an over night pick for my computer so the calibration team could check it out. When I spoke with him today he said we are at the early stage of this. For me that does not sound good since I’m paying out rental. I’m almost to the point of just buying a new motor any recommendations?
Good luck brother.
There's a guy on Youtube with a Whipple Stage 1 kit and his car has been under for about 6 months now? That's horrible!
Imagine making payments on a car that you cannot drive because it's not driveable and not even in your possession?? Horrible.
Good luck man and keep us posted.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Good luck brother.
There's a guy on Youtube with a Whipple Stage 1 kit and his car has been under for about 6 months now? That's horrible!
Imagine making payments on a car that you cannot drive because it's not driveable and not even in your possession?? Horrible.
Good luck man and keep us posted.
Is that because of whipple taking so long with warrenty?

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I’ve never heard of a pleasant experience dealing with a damaged, supercharged motor with a warranty. At least when you blow your crap up and there’s no warranty, you know what you’re in for.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
I’ve never heard of a pleasant experience dealing with a damaged, supercharged motor with a warranty. At least when you blow your crap up and there’s no warranty, you know what you’re in for.
Yea that’s what I’m afraid of

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Still no update from edelbrock their calibration team is suppose to run a diagnostic on my computer for some reason. This is frustrating

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Still no update from edelbrock their calibration team is suppose to run a diagnostic on my computer for some reason. This is frustrating
Probably just making sure you weren’t running a different tune when you blew it. Ford would do the same thing for a blown engine claim. Hang in there.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah, very true. Very frustrating.

The dude on Youtube was waiting 6 months. I think he's still waiting actually. Whipple sent him a new engine without a tune, and so on and so on.
He says he doesn't want the car anymore.

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Probably just making sure you weren’t running a different tune when you blew it. Ford would do the same thing for a blown engine claim. Hang in there.
Probably nothing insidious, they are concerned you PCM has an issue is all...I know of 2 guys whose PCMs went bad and since now Ford wont warranty that ( you have unlocked and altered the Ford PCM so they would have legitimate complaint against Mag Moss act), it could be a great help they are making sure there are no errors with the PCM....its hard to see it this way but it's a good thing they checked it...

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Time to buy an old beater truck? You can use it for basic transportation and for running parts around while fixing the car. When done you can sell for nearly the purchase price if you choose.

Not ideal, I know, but it’s my contingency plan if my car breaks.
This is EXACTLY what I did. I bought a 2004 Ford Ranger 2.3L, 180,000 miles for $3000. The motor burns a quart every 600 miles but when you turn the key, it starts! The truck is a raging peice of sh!t but that's why I love it.

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I will give edelbrock a great shout out they came through and are ordering a long block for me.
Can’t beat that customer service! Congrats OP, on your way to being whole again!