Sponsored

Anyone with an Edelbrock Stage1? Opinions...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A few questions for you:

1. can you run e 85 with the provided edlbrock injectors?
2.do you need a boost a pump to run e 85 on provided edlborck injectors?
3. do you need a boost a pump to run e85 on the 1000cc injectors if i get them ?
4. What the hell does porting via kong mean? (lower end power is most appealing to me at this time)
5. the 6 rib is what comes stock with the edlbrock correct?
1. No
2. depends on tuner eb does not supply injectors on 18+ mustangs for stage 1
3. No if you are pump gas, remember it's designed to use stock injectors, adding a bigger injector would not do anything other than give you headroom.
4. Google kong porting service

5.yes a stock belt drive
Sponsored

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Whipple and eb are similarly priced and they likely represent the two most popular representations of tvs and twin screw pd setups.

There's not a bad choice between the two just power delivery and in the case of the Whipple out of the box it may have a little more headroom over the 1000+ hp mark without modifications to the blower itself.

I'm a street guy so anything over 800 + hp is bragging rights. I don't like spending 1k on rear tires just to be able to drive this thing
Thanks for the response...great to know...

Tell me about it... spent 1300 on 4 michelins last week and it makes me not want to drive the thing.... or I am at least much more hesitant to rip around..

I'm confident I will choose either the Whipple or eddlebrock at this point.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
1. No
2. depends on tuner eb does not supply injectors on 18+ mustangs for stage 1
3. No if you are pump gas, remember it's designed to use stock injectors, adding a bigger injector would not do anything other than give you headroom.
4. Google kong porting service

5.yes a stock belt drive
Thank you,

Sorry to pick your brain but if you don't mind...

I have a 2017

Does that mean edlbrock will provide injectors in the stage 1 kit for my 2017?

If I am going to get a Lund tune I would probably go with an e85 tune, do you think lund will need me to have a boost a pump or upgraded injectors?

wow look up kong porting service, uninstalling the blower and spending 1250 to get ported does not sound appealing...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thank you,

I have a 2017

If I am going to get a Lund tune I would probably go with an e85 tune, do you think lund will need me to have a boost a pump or upgraded injectors?

wow look up kong porting service, uninstalling the blower and spending 1250 to get ported does not sound appealing...
Lund wants a return fuel system for e-85 always on fi cars
I don't know ask a vendor but I'm sure stock injectors are not being run on the 15-17.
Lunt requires 47 lbs for e-85 so I'm sure boost is more a much larger injector likely a 95lb+
18+ has 16 injectors

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you,

I have a 2017

I doubt that Lund would tune a blown 15-17 car on 47lb injectors, but, ask them for clarity.
I would NOT port the blower. Typically you lose some of the bottom end and mid range by doing so. If you want to make more peak power, I’d be looking at a different blower in all honesty.
Each to their own of course, but I wouldn’t give up what I have now for even an extra 50hp at the top.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
I have already purchased 2 tunes for my car from lund, 1 N/A tune and 1 e85 tune, do you know what they would charge me for a tune on the edlbrock blower?
Around another $200. Shoot me a message when you're trying to get one. I'll see what I can do for ya on either.
Sponsored