Sponsored

Anyone with an Edelbrock Stage1? Opinions...

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I have read good things about this blower coupled with a custom tune. Also I was told by Edelbrock that the stage 1 uses stock injectors. Is that the case? Any one who has installed this please let me know your opinion and any one else for that matter. Opinions welcome.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
So we along with another shop were the companies that tested the beta 2.65 kits on the 15-17's which helped them develop what they have today.

With that being said, I would heavily recommend a Whipple over an Edelbrock. Not because Edelbrock is a bad kit, it will still put a smile on your face but, it takes more boost (measure of restriction) to make the same amount of power as a whipple and even then, whipple will continue to make power up in RPM's where the Edelbrock will fall off in power.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the kit, or give me a call and I can better explain our opinion regarding the comparison of the kits together.

Jason
Cell 910-336-4850
Shop 910-304-1383

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So we along with another shop were the companies that tested the beta 2.65 kits on the 15-17's which helped them develop what they have today.

With that being said, I would heavily recommend a Whipple over an Edelbrock. Not because Edelbrock is a bad kit, it will still put a smile on your face but, it takes more boost (measure of restriction) to make the same amount of power as a whipple and even then, whipple will continue to make power up in RPM's where the Edelbrock will fall off in power.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the kit, or give me a call and I can better explain our opinion regarding the comparison of the kits together.

Jason
Cell 910-336-4850
Shop 910-304-1383
Thanks for the reponse. I have since ordered an Edelbrock from Lethal. IWhipple let me down badly in July when I ordered and come October they still had no ETA on shipment due to parts not being available. So I got my money back waited, researched and put it else where. I understand covid is preventing things but it was terrible business practice by them. Never updating me and leaving me in the dark until I called 8 weeks later. I don’t support that which is why I switched to another brand. Based on speaking to my tuner and mechanic who recommend whipple, Roush, and Edelbrock all fairly evenly. They do feel whipple has the edge but it’s ok. I’m not looking to race anything at the track. My car is a street beast only. Lol.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Fine choice with the Edelbrock. You will not be disappointed! Unless going full tilt race car, you’re not likely to see ANY real world difference on the street between any of them. Aftermarket tune though for sure. I went Lund and the car drive smoother than it did factory stock.

Install and instructions were spot on as well.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Whipple definitely has the edge for sure but the Edelbrock 2650 TVS is by no means a wimpy blower at all. It's honestly capable of making 800rwhp on a gen 3 coyote without even pulling it down. I highly doubt you'll be up at night wondering about what could have been. Edelbrock is also older than good and evil itself having been around for the original muscle car renaissance; they make quality.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
It all depends on the tune. Good tune, good blower results. Bad tune, bad blower results. If you have a manual trans with the Edelbrock I believe it makes a bit more low end torque than the Whipple. That is helpful with the manual transmission long gearing.
Good luck and please post your results.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
If you have a manual trans with the Edelbrock I believe it makes a bit more low end torque than the Whipple.
It will make a little more power down low than the Whipple. It's a consequence of the larger rotors coming into power a tad later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It all depends on the tune. Good tune, good blower results. Bad tune, bad blower results. If you have a manual trans with the Edelbrock I believe it makes a bit more low end torque than the Whipple. That is helpful with the manual transmission long gearing.
Good luck and please post your results.
I do have a manual trans and ford performance 4.09’s. So my gearing on the 18‘s is slightly shorter than it was with the 3.73’s. And I would never not do a custom tune. Most out the box tunes seem very conservative and Edelbrock from what I have read is no difference.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I do have a manual trans and ford performance 4.09’s. So my gearing on the 18nis slightly shorter than it was with the 3.73’s.
What is your take on using a 409 gearing? Maybe I should have went that way with my 2019 Bullitt instead of putting a blower on it. I couldn't stand the long gearing.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is your take on using a 409 gearing? Maybe I should have went that way with my 2019 Bullitt instead of putting a blower on it. I couldn't stand the long gearing.
The gearing on an 18+ is much better with 4.09’s. Feels closer to a 3.73 15-17. The 3.73 gearing on an 18+ feels more like 3.55‘s on a 15-17. After I installed them my mechanic basically said he was going to recommend the install to all 18+ mustangs. And my shop does a lot of Mustangs. Prior to that he did them primarily on gt350’s. it makes the car much snappier. Not into that “slow” feel the 3.73’s had. Here’s the thing though and this is important. My car is an 18 so it doesn’t have the automatic rev match feature. Ford has not made where that feature is compatible with the gearing yet on 19+ so even a custom tuner like Lund will just tell you shut it off. If you like that feature it most likely will not be implemented. My tuner didn’t have to worry. It was a quick adjustment in the tune and done.

Sponsored

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
I have a 2020 PP1, Magneride and put an Edelbrock on it. My goals were to have some extra power and keep it streetable and durable.

I am not disappointed at all. I love it. Mileage sucks if you put your happy foot down on the loud pedal, but other than that it drives stock until you unleash the beast and then it's like a thermonuclear bomb went off.

You can't go wrong with whatever you put on it. Whipple makes good stuff, I just wanted a warranty with it since mine was a 2020.

I don't think, other than online bragging rights, you're gonna find much difference if it is installed and tuned properly. I am running a stock tune and it is fine. Fine for me. If others want to go wild and crazy, then have at it.

I am very pleased with it. It has been installed for about 2 months and although it is hard with the cold(er) weather here and not taking it out as much, I wouldn't change a thing.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2020 PP1, Magneride and put an Edelbrock on it. My goals were to have some extra power and keep it streetable and durable.

I am not disappointed at all. I love it. Mileage sucks if you put your happy foot down on the loud pedal, but other than that it drives stock until you unleash the beast and then it's like a thermonuclear bomb went off.

You can't go wrong with whatever you put on it. Whipple makes good stuff, I just wanted a warranty with it since mine was a 2020.

I don't think, other than online bragging rights, you're gonna find much difference if it is installed and tuned properly. I am running a stock tune and it is fine. Fine for me. If others want to go wild and crazy, then have at it.

I am very pleased with it. It has been installed for about 2 months and although it is hard with the cold(er) weather here and not taking it out as much, I wouldn't change a thing.
Yeah I ordered a stage 1 from lethal. Very happy with the decision after reading up on it.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have read good things about this blower coupled with a custom tune. Also I was told by Edelbrock that the stage 1 uses stock injectors. Is that the case? Any one who has installed this please let me know your opinion and any one else for that matter. Opinions welcome.
Yes.

Stage one stock injectors, but I would recommend going 1000cc right out of the gate. It's a pain in the ass to upgrade them on the car, and if you go E-85 or a similar race gas, you will need that type of injector. DW95s work flawlessly. Custom tune will make it run better especially on a manual, I recommend using the nitrous pill until you get used to how hard the boost comes on, then remove it.

As others have stated you will probably notice it's very strong in low to midrange rpms and not as strong up top. Porting via Kong seems to shift the band to the right a bit.

Lots of guys making 800 with the 6 rib non ported blower. For a street car it's a good set up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Pumped to get this under the hood. But will wait for March to install. Does not make sense to install when it’s cold and can’t be driven and tested to its fullest abilities.

192DBCC5-1955-4B0F-9417-FD13B18BFEBD.jpeg
Sponsored