Sponsored

Anyone with an Edelbrock Stage1? Opinions...

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What supporting mods were required? did you have to get a boost a pump? are supporting mods pretty simular all accross the baord, between edlbrock, whipple roush etc. I happen to be leaning towards whipple currrently.
In the case of EB your on gas and keep it all stock stage one you will not need a bap or anything. Just the what is shipped to you.

Many people buy injectors for headroom and future upgrades. In the case of e-85 and tuning you will be required to get more fuel in your system via bap/return system and injectors depending on the tuner.
Sponsored

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
If you do 4.09 gears and have a 19+ Lund will mot tune for rev match. They will tell you just turn the feature off and rev match on your own. Ford hasn’t released the tools to properly make rev match work with the 4.09’s.
Cool. I have a 2020 PP2 with 3.73's.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
What supporting mods were required? did you have to get a boost a pump? are supporting mods pretty simular all accross the baord, between edlbrock, whipple roush etc. I happen to be leaning towards whipple currrently.
You need to ask yourself what do you need. to me I don’t need
Cool. I have a 2020 PP2 with 3.73's.
so 4.09 would not be good for you unless you don’t care about auto rev match.

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
You need to ask yourself what do you need. to me I don’t need

so 4.09 would not be good for you unless you don’t care about auto rev match.
Plus, with the low end torgue from a EB or whipple, I wouldn't want 4.09's. I'll stay with the 3.73. My 2015 with 3.15 A6 was always limited with traction in 1st and 2nd with a whipple.

Sponsored

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
3k is a tad pricey but definitely not unheard of. Tuning for boosted cars often costs around 700-1000 and then install is on average 1200 - 1500. But you get what you pay for with a very experienced shop :muscle: I'd sleep just fine.
In the case of EB your on gas and keep it all stock stage one you will not need a bap or anything. Just the what is shipped to you.

Many people buy injectors for headroom and future upgrades. In the case of e-85 and tuning you will be required to get more fuel in your system via bap/return system and injectors depending on the tuner.
thank you! that is great info. Can you tell me what BAP stands for ? I tried looking it up on google and couldnt find it off hand.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
if memory serves me correct I think the sales pop up around tax time as well.

I won't be able to pull if off at the moment, is this the only time of the year to get 15% off? are there other sales to get 15% off ? that huge its like a 1200 dollar difference

Sponsored

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Yeah I ordered a stage 1 from lethal. Very happy with the decision after reading up on it.
I am very interested in the Edlbrock at this point, everyone keeps comparing it to the whipple, but isn't the Whipple like 1-2 thousand more? saving that 2 grand is very appealing to me.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Yes.

Stage one stock injectors, but I would recommend going 1000cc right out of the gate. It's a pain in the ass to upgrade them on the car, and if you go E-85 or a similar race gas, you will need that type of injector. DW95s work flawlessly. Custom tune will make it run better especially on a manual, I recommend using the nitrous pill until you get used to how hard the boost comes on, then remove it.

As others have stated you will probably notice it's very strong in low to midrange rpms and not as strong up top. Porting via Kong seems to shift the band to the right a bit.

Lots of guys making 800 with the 6 rib non ported blower. For a street car it's a good set up.
A few questions for you:

1. can you run e 85 with the provided edlbrock injectors?
2.do you need a boost a pump to run e 85 on provided edlborck injectors?
3. do you need a boost a pump to run e85 on the 1000cc injectors if i get them ?
4. What the hell does porting via kong mean? (lower end power is most appealing to me at this time)
5. the 6 rib is what comes stock with the edlbrock correct?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am very interested in the Edlbrock at this point, everyone keeps comparing it to the whipple, but isn't the Whipple like 1-2 thousand more? saving that 2 grand is very appealing to me.
Whipple and eb are similarly priced and they likely represent the two most popular representations of tvs and twin screw pd setups.

There's not a bad choice between the two just power delivery and in the case of the Whipple out of the box it may have a little more headroom over the 1000+ hp mark without modifications to the blower itself.

I'm a street guy so anything over 800 + hp is bragging rights. I don't like spending 1k on rear tires just to be able to drive this thing

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP