Sponsored

Anyone have any problems with tires being installed on aftermarket larger wheels 19x10 from Tire Rack ,Costco, or other tire shop

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
Anyone have any problems with tires being installed on aftermarket larger wheels 19x10 from Tire Rack ,Costco, or other tire shop. I tried putting together an order for tires and the fitment guide said they will not fit my Mustang . I know by the forums here that they work I am just trying to get a place that will mount with out giving me a hard time.Any recommendations for tire mounting ?
Will I have to get them mounted on wheels and install myself?
Also I want to keep my old wheels and tires will I need to order new tpms or will tire shop have them
Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
What exact setup are you trying to go with? You may have to seek out an independent shop.

I bought my last pair of TPMS from eBay for like $40(?). I’d much rather that than cracking the bead on the old wheels to wrangle them out.

OP
OP
jvezz

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt
What exact setup are you trying to go with? You may have to seek out an independent shop.

I bought my last pair of TPMS from eBay for like $40(?). I’d much rather that than cracking the bead on the old wheels to wrangle them out.
I am going with SVE R350 19x10 wheel with 285/35/19 square

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Rear only or square? Not that I suppose it matters, all LMR’s offerings fit without much issue.
Guides are just that - guides. They usually don’t differ from stock and will tell you non-stock setups don’t fit. I’ve got 305s and 19x10.5 all around. Granted, I used an independent shop to just mount tires for me and I mounted the wheels on my car myself.

Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
There’s an option waiver that you have to click in Costco that says you assume responsibility for the sizing. Same for the other sites. Hope this helps.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I use local guys and I used Americas (Discount Tires)Tires here in S. Cali. Most shops have the ability of dealing with tight sidewall and wide wheels.l I had 305s Mich on 11" wide wheels and didn't have a mark.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Be careful going to some of those “big box” clubs for tire installations…. Many of them don’t have the proper equipment to do installs for larger rims and/or tires without damaging the rims (especially if the rims are black)…. Let alone employees who don’t give a shit about your rims and will lay them face down on the concrete during the R&R…. Or over torque lug nuts damaging the nut and or lug cavity.

Your absolute best bet is a local tire installer who is best equipped with the most recent machine hardware, knowledge, and technology to do not only every day installs, but can do installs of wider/larger tires on larger rims, custom rims, and/or black rims without damaging the edges or fascia of the rim….

Also be very aware of any docs you are signing for such installs too - because within all the fine print that no one reads, many of those “big box” clubs have it worded that they are not liable for any damages during the R&R which leaves the owner/buyer SOL when a tech damages their rim(s)…

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I had Costco mount the exact same combination. No issues whatsoever. They were incredibly careful and had no trouble mounting them.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Never have an issue with Discount Tire, but I never bring my car, just wheels.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I have that exact setup… for the Road.
Never a problem with install.

IMG_5005.jpeg
IMG_5006.jpeg

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I just put in SVE 357 with that tire size. They fit great. I brought the rims and values to Discount Tire and them mounted them. They are my track tires so I put them on the car.

OP
OP
jvezz

jvezz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt