Sponsored

Anyone get this email yesterday or today?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This. Bingo. We’re in Silverton Lake City alot suring the summer. Cell service sxcks.

Having the Ford GPS navigation as a backup is helpful when you are in a place with no cell coverage, which is about 1/3 of Colorado
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well in that case. Hear me out. We survived just fine back in the day with these maps or gas station clerks :like:

1716577150995-n2.png
I would venture to guess much of the younger generations don’t know how to read a paper map…

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I would venture to guess much of the younger generations don’t know how to read a paper map…
I will never forget when I had to deliver auto parts using this map. I would get lost for hours! Long story short I quit after couple months. LOL

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or in case you forget your phone and are stuck.

I spoke with Ford about this and told them I got 2 emails since I had the Shelby, 1 in Nov of 2020 with my "Complimentary" update, and now this, and never saw this 5yr plan cause $40 a year where you can get a max of 5 maps (1 per year) makes more sense then $109+tax for a download for 1 map, they said they introduced it in 2021 and then discontinued it Jan of 2024 conveniently, but that the email was in error, well I'm sorry but if you made that error and put that in my email, then I should be given that deal, no different then going to a store and seeing an item you want and it says its on sale but you get to the counter and find out the sale ended 2 days ago, well thats not your fault its the merchandising mgr fault for not pulling the label and you should get it for the sale price, same thing here.
Is there a pricing disclaimer at the bottom of the email somewhere? Would be in the fine print if there is. If not, I would totally try to put them on the hook for the offer. Not your fault someone sent the email by mistake. If they’re offering it to you (whether on purpose or by mistake) and there’s no disclaimer, that’s their tough $hit. Probably won’t work out that way but I’d push for it if you really want it

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Well in that case. Hear me out. We survived just fine back in the day with these maps or gas station clerks :like:

1716577150995-n2.png
Indeed we did. I have never once used the Ford Navigation

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Forget reading a map, they can't read or write simple sentences you expect them to understand a map? Hell... I wear Emoji T-shirts they have trouble understanding and you expect they are going to attempt squiggly lines?

2024-05-24 15.25.23.jpg

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is there a pricing disclaimer at the bottom of the email somewhere? Would be in the fine print if there is. If not, I would totally try to put them on the hook for the offer. Not your fault someone sent the email by mistake. If they’re offering it to you (whether on purpose or by mistake) and there’s no disclaimer, that’s their tough $hit. Probably won’t work out that way but I’d push for it if you really want it
The only disclaimer at the bottom of the screenshot is there are other annual options which I stated $19 for a year download or $149 for a usb stick.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The only disclaimer at the bottom of the screenshot is there are other annual options which I stated $19 for a year download or $149 for a usb stick.
I’d totally raise a stink about the fact that you were offered the 5 year plan and you want it. Not your fault someone pushed the wrong button or whatever. Maybe if you scream enough they offer you a 3 year plan or something if they won’t honor the 5 year. I play a similar game with my wife’s OnStar plan for her GMC SUV, usually end up with some better “off menu” deal than whatever I get through email. If you have the time, that’s what I’d try.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Forget reading a map, they can't read or write simple sentences you expect them to understand a map? Hell... I wear Emoji T-shirts they have trouble understanding and you expect they are going to attempt squiggly lines?

2024-05-24 15.25.23.jpg
LOL That is an awesome shirt

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
It was a mistake, they don’t owe you anything nor do they need to honor the mistakenly quoted price. It’s not a signed contract or even a purchase.

Now if you actually purchased it at that price and they came back later to try to recoup the rest of the money, then yeah, I’d say tough, you wouldn’t owe them the difference in that case.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It was a mistake, they don’t owe you anything nor do they need to honor the mistakenly quoted price. It’s not a signed contract or even a purchase.

Now if you actually purchased it at that price and they came back later to try to recoup the rest of the money, then yeah, I’d say tough, you wouldn’t owe them the difference in that case.
I disagree. It’s an offer to purchase, tough nutz to them if it wasn’t supposed to be sent.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Actually you are wrong, As i said if you go to the store and wanted to buy car oil and it normally was 10.99 a quart, but you get there and see if on sale for 6.99 a quart, you would pick it up, when you get to the cashier it rings up 10.99 you clearly are confused and when you and the cashier go look at the shelf she says oh that was last weeks price we forgot to take the sale label off. Guess what as long as the price is for that item their screw up is your gain.

There was an offer of a 5 year subscription in my email I wanted to take advantage of, now to say oh we made a mistake and retract it is not kosher. No different when making a deal with a car and the salesman say oh we'll give you the car for an ADM of $5000.00 and the Manager comes in after just before signing and says sorry the ADM is $10,000 we cant let it go for $5,000 what you going to say oh ok here's more money? NOT.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I get why the op is upset. That said though, people make mistakes. Some unintentional and some intentional. There is a difference between a mistake and an intentional deception. Pretty sure this falls in the first category. Not sure this would be the situation I decide to raise my blood pressure over, which most times is accompanied by an eye roll from my wife, but then again I’ve done just that at times for some pretty trivial … .

I disagree. It’s an offer to purchase, tough nutz to them if it wasn’t supposed to be sent.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I get why the op is upset. That said though, people make mistakes. Some unintentional and some intentional. There is a difference between a mistake and an intentional deception. Pretty sure this falls in the first category. Not sure this would be the situation I decide to raise my blood pressure over, which most times is accompanied by an eye roll from my wife, but then again I’ve done just that at times for some pretty trivial … .
I agree, I don’t think it was sent with a deceptive intent. However, if there was an offer that was sent to me by mistake that was appealing (in this case the OP is interested in the mistaken offer he was sent), I’d try to get it or something close to it. But we all have things we’re willing to go after (and likely increase the old blood pressure over) and things we’re not willing to do it over. I too get the eye rolls from my wife when I go after such things 🤣
Sponsored