Sponsored

Anyone get this email yesterday or today?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Just got this email yesterday, curious to see if anyone else got one? The circled part at the bottom is what I am referring to, they are refusing to honor this claiming they no longer offer this but yet I got the email yesterday, They acknowledge they sent this in error and too soon and basically telling me to pound sand. They (The 3rd party company that does the map updates) claim they stopped this at the beginning of the year and the email was in error, in my opinion that's the problem of the dept that didn't check the email before sending it out, how is that my fault right?

Screenshot (19h 41m 47s).jpg
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
For the record, I got it too.
However I'm a cheap bastard and paper maps and phone apps are too.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Just got this email yesterday, curious to see if anyone else got one? The circled part at the bottom is what I am referring to, they are refusing to honor this claiming they no longer offer this but yet I got the email yesterday, They acknowledge they sent this in error and too soon and basically telling me to pound sand. They (The 3rd party company that does the map updates) claim they stopped this at the beginning of the year and the email was in error, in my opinion that's the problem of the dept that didn't check the email before sending it out, how is that my fault right?

Screenshot (19h 41m 47s).jpg
I got one for $149.00 + $4.83 Shipping + $11.55 Tax = $165.38!!! They sent it by USPS; I got it on 05-24-24. I am installing it now!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
No idea, that whole thing looks like a scam though. Love the domain name.
Its not a scam, As I assumed that was clear with the post I made and their claim they cancelled the subcription.

I got one for $149.00 + $4.83 Shipping + $11.55 Tax = $165.38!!! They sent it by USPS; I should get it 05-28-24.
Nope paying 149.99+ for 1 map I'd never do it. The dealership actually gets it for less (the USB) My 149.99 if i got it from the dealer its $111.99! Figured that one out.

For the record, I got it too.
However I'm a cheap bastard and paper maps and phone apps are too.
Only certain people got this email I was told because it was in error.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That definitely looks like a scam.

Even if it is real, who cares? Apple CarPlay or Android version is 20X better than Fords Navi.
For the last time its NOT a scam.

And I agree I use Android Auto, but Fords Maps has its place at times as well.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I did not receive the email as of 4-23-24 at 11.30 PM. I am surely not paying anything for an update while my current nav maps work just fine for me.

BD

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have not received one email about this bullshit. It is surely a scam email and why are you even talking about this.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s not a scam. You can go to Ford’s site to pick packages. You can even buy them off of Amazon. My wife’s 22 Bronco Badlands didn’t come with nav maps, I had to purchase it for her. Not sure what the issue is in some one wanting to discuss it.

I have not received one email about this bullshit. It is surely a scam email and why are you even talking about this.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not a scam. You can go to Ford’s site to pick packages. You can even buy them off of Amazon. My wife’s 22 Bronco Badlands didn’t come with nav maps, I had to purchase it for her. Not sure what the issue is in some one wanting to discuss it.
No issue at all discussing it but any vehicle bought off of a lot or ordered without NAV is just stupid by the dealer or the consumer. I get that we have NAV on our phones and other things but come on.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I thought everybody uses WAZE now for navigation, man the navigation in my two Fords is never used!

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Having the Ford GPS navigation as a backup is helpful when you are in a place with no cell coverage, which is about 1/3 of Colorado

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Having the Ford GPS navigation as a backup is helpful when you are in a place with no cell coverage, which is about 1/3 of Colorado
Or in case you forget your phone and are stuck.

I spoke with Ford about this and told them I got 2 emails since I had the Shelby, 1 in Nov of 2020 with my "Complimentary" update, and now this, and never saw this 5yr plan cause $40 a year where you can get a max of 5 maps (1 per year) makes more sense then $109+tax for a download for 1 map, they said they introduced it in 2021 and then discontinued it Jan of 2024 conveniently, but that the email was in error, well I'm sorry but if you made that error and put that in my email, then I should be given that deal, no different then going to a store and seeing an item you want and it says its on sale but you get to the counter and find out the sale ended 2 days ago, well thats not your fault its the merchandising mgr fault for not pulling the label and you should get it for the sale price, same thing here.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Well in that case. Hear me out. We survived just fine back in the day with these maps or gas station clerks :like:

1716577150995-n2.png
Sponsored