Sponsored

Anyone else think this VMP situation is a rip off?

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st
So a little back story: I have a VMP custom tune and tuner from AM. I wanted to get a GT350 intake Manifold from FB market and install and update the tune. VMP said it’s an extra tune so $100 for the tune because I didn’t buy the part from them. Are you F**k kidding!?! That make my blood boil.
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
That's standard for any tuner to charge extra when you add an IM. Do some research before losing your shit

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So a little back story: I have a VMP custom tune and tuner from AM. I wanted to get a GT350 intake Manifold from FB market and install and update the tune. VMP said it’s an extra tune so $100 for the tune because I didn’t buy the part from them. Are you F**k kidding!?! That make my blood boil.
Go buy some Vagisil for your itch snookums.

Justin and his staff are a very reputable group. They have been in this business for years. Their tune revision policy for showing them loyalty is something not all custom tuners offer. It's a service to loyal customers. You chose to go another route. SO you pay the fee. When I bought a stall converter a few years back I called Justin. He was unable to give me free shipping to match the full package price Circle D was offering. So I had to pay for a revision when I bought direct from Circle D on that occasion. I've done business with them for years. There are few in the business as respectable. They have treated me and 1000's of others very well over the years. My purchases through them have been meager compared to some, yet each when it applied they provided revision tuning on my 13 and my 14 setup without a hitch. They can get items that they don't list in many situations. Not everything they offer is on line. Only takes a phone call.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Pretty standard for a tuner to charge for a revision, sometimes they may not in the first 90 days or so of the original tune, or may offer a discounted revision if the part requiring a revision was purchased through them.

OP
OP

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st
Go buy some Vagisil for your itch snookums.

Justin and his staff are a very reputable group. They have been in this business for years. Their tune revision policy for showing them loyalty is something not all custom tuners offer. It's a service to loyal customers. You chose to go another route. SO you pay the fee. When I bought a stall converter a few years back I called Justin. He was unable to give me free shipping to match the full package price Circle D was offering. So I had to pay for a revision when I bought direct from Circle D on that occasion. I've done business with them for years. There are few in the business as respectable. They have treated me and 1000's of others very well over the years. My purchases through them have been meager compared to some, yet each when it applied they provided revision tuning on my 13 and my 14 setup without a hitch. They can get items that they don't list in many situations. Not everything they offer is on line. Only takes a phone call.
Relax there fan boy. I’m not expecting free shit I’m saying they are charging me 2 revision for 1 part because I didn’t buy it from them. It should just be one revision that I have to buy. That’s like you going to buy a part to install on your car and the mechanic says oh well I’m gonna double the price cause you didn’t buy it from us.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
No it's not, It's like you buying a tune, modifying your car to the point where they need to write a complete new tune, and then expecting them to do the new tune for free. So you are expecting free shit.

I'm not sure where you're getting 2 revisions for 1 part. If you're installing an IM then it's not exactly one part is it? You're quite drastically changing airflow characteristics.

OP
OP

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st
No it's not, It's like you buying a tune, modifying your car to the point where they need to write a complete new tune, and then expecting them to do the new tune for free. So you are expecting free shit.

I'm not sure where you're getting 2 revisions for 1 part. If you're installing an IM then it's not exactly one part is it? You're quite drastically changing airflow characteristics.
Exactly you only need one tune ya clown. I don’t need to buy two. They want me to buy two.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So when you bought the original tune, you paid for an aftermarket IM tune? How are you not understanding this

OP
OP

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st
So when you bought the original tune, you paid for an aftermarket IM tune? How are you not understanding this
I’m not explaining it to you again. Learn how to read at a first grade level.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Have they already made you a tune to upload from the frst purchase from AM or have you not used the credit yet?

Sponsored

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Paying for a retune after adding a new part like a manifold is completely standard. I'm getting a Lund retune soon because I'm also doing a gt350 IM and their charge is also $100 for it.

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
When you bought the tune and tuner, did you specify for the tune to include the gt350 intake manifold at the time of purchase?

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
You're either incapable of explaining yourself using English, or you're an actual moron.

In no comment have you explained how they are charging you for 2 revisions. All you've said is you have a tune and now you want to add an IM, so you're having a hissy fit because they told you it's an extra tune charge. Which is normal, so I'm not sure what the complaint, is but given the information provided you're being unreasonable.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Waiting to see the reaction on pricing when adding injectors and flex / E85.