Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
Law enforcement…. so crazy.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I guess that fellow with a Cummins engine in his mustang ain’t gonna pass inspection ………….

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Saw this a few days ago. Not clear how they monitor site such as Facebook marketplace but understand the basic idea. I see some pickups rolling coal in my area. I do not get the reasoning behind it, but it is being done. Same with the Carolina squat although that does not increase pollution.

I have passed on going to look at older fuel injected Mustangs if they have a tune added. Not sure it will happen but do figure it is possible any vehicle with other than a factory stock tune will be a target of such a "big brother" tactic. I also am not experienced with modifying a computer program so do not want an aftermarket tuned car/truck which could be hard to fix.

I think a related issue is the shops that installed the modifications and tunes are being targeted.

I get that some tunes do not make pollution any worse but figure that will not much matter to some in power. Not sure but this may be another front in the "war " against fossil fuels.

For what it is worth i do not like a tuned diesel which makes more exhaust. I have to travel thru a 3/4 mile tunnel often. It is bad enough to be in the tunnel with a big rig but those pickups rolling coal are much worse.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’ll be very difficult to find any older vehicle that doesn’t have some type of mod. When it comes to the tunes, especially on older mustangs, just replace the ecu. Problem solved.

Hello; Saw this a few days ago. Not clear how they monitor site such as Facebook marketplace but understand the basic idea. I see some pickups rolling coal in my area. I do not get the reasoning behind it, but it is being done. Same with the Carolina squat although that does not increase pollution.

I have passed on going to look at older fuel injected Mustangs if they have a tune added. Not sure it will happen but do figure it is possible any vehicle with other than a factory stock tune will be a target of such a "big brother" tactic. I also am not experienced with modifying a computer program so do not want an aftermarket tuned car/truck which could be hard to fix.

I think a related issue is the shops that installed the modifications and tunes are being targeted.

I get that some tunes do not make pollution any worse but figure that will not much matter to some in power. Not sure but this may be another front in the "war " against fossil fuels.

For what it is worth i do not like a tuned diesel which makes more exhaust. I have to travel thru a 3/4 mile tunnel often. It is bad enough to be in the tunnel with a big rig but those pickups rolling coal are much worse.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It’ll be very difficult to find any older vehicle that doesn’t have some type of mod. When it comes to the tunes, especially on older mustangs, just replace the ecu. Problem solved.
Hello; Thanks. had not known of or thought of that.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Makes sense to me, I’m shocked NJ actually pays attention.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What a crock. Maybe he should just move to a state that doesn’t have emissions inspections and re register it there without hassle. It’s not selling it and it’s no longer NJ’s problem. That feels like a dirty, grimy overreach.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
What a crock. Maybe he should just move to a state that doesn’t have emissions inspections and re register it there without hassle. It’s not selling it and it’s no longer NJ’s problem. That feels like a dirty, grimy overreach.
Hello; Overreach to be sure. This is what we can expect from true believers, however.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know a lot of people on this forum might disagree, but I don't like it when people break the law modifying their vehicle's emissions. Modern cars can make plenty of power while staying within legal limits. I do think that emissions and CAFE standards should be rolled back to mid 1990s levels and frozen there. But I'd like to get the laws changed rather than arbitrarily decide I'm going to do whatever I want.

Having said that, there should be easy methods out there to qualify power adding modifications as long as they don't cause emissions to fall outside of typical windows for pickups, SUVs and cars (they should all be judged on the same scale, no exceptions for SUVs and pickups that favor them over cars). Vehicle modifications are something anyone should be able to do and the government should support the people doing modifications, not cause them problems and stifle business.

I hate to see a diesel on the road obviously emitting too much - and that includes lots of school buses that need to be fixed ASAP.
Sponsored