Anyone see this on Hagerty? The end of the Hellcat

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
That is a shame if it comes to pass. On the plus side Hellcats are going to appreciate in price, they are already. My sons Charger hellcat is worth 10K more* now than he paid for it a year ago. Dealer offered him what he paid for it on a trade in with 0% financing and lots of free servicing etc. He refused because he reckoned it would be worth more in a few years. I thought he was nuts but looks like he might have called it.

*admittedly we were on the lookout for a good deal for nearly 6 months and negotiated a good deal as well but it's not often you have that happen.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They also don't give a date, so it would be in 10 years for all we know. Regulations are slow, and enforcement is slower. I don't think it'll be that far out, but I do expect one hell of swan song. AWD Charger/Challenger anyone?
And, based on more industry-oriented things I've read, FCA has little to nothing coming down the pike in terms of EVs. So that 10 year figure might not be far off, unless someone that has plenty of it in the works buys them up in the meantime. Meanwhile, Hellcat all the things!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wonder if the rest of the AWD drivetrain would be up to snuff.....it would be pretty awesome.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
If they actually do an AWD Hellcat Charger, I would be very tempted to trade in for it.
I would trade in my truck in a heart beat and make it my daily driver and leave the Roush as the garage queen/super nice day driver.
I am seriously considering a Hellcat Charger as my daily driver anyways, but I'm going to have to call out of work on snow days. 😝 LOL

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I know I "only" have a SP, but I have PA4's that just drove brilliantly through the snow, including a little uphill.
That's reassuring. Although, the Hellcat has fatties on it. lol

How do you like the SP?? I think the Chargers are one of the hottest cars on the road besides the Mustang and C7 Corvettes. (This is in terms of affordable cars on the road. Everyday run of the mill cars.)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Love it. Totally different animal from the Mustang, and I'm glad I have both. Handles better than a car this size has a right to. Very planted and direct, while also having so much on tap. I run 275's in the winter, and 295's in the summer.
Awesome man. Thanks.

Enjoy!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I think they are grossly overestimating the popularity of EV, but I guess we'll see.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
And, based on more industry-oriented things I've read, FCA has little to nothing coming down the pike in terms of EVs. So that 10 year figure might not be far off, unless someone that has plenty of it in the works buys them up in the meantime. Meanwhile, Hellcat all the things!
Someone already effectively bought them. FCA and Peugeot have sealed a merger bringing together the dream team of Franco-Italian engineering with America's third most beloved brand.

This is likely another nail in the coffin of the FCA panzers.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/31/fiat-chrysler-peugeot-fca-psa-merger/
Sponsored