Sponsored

Anyone else keeping their S550 at/near stock?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I’ve only had my ‘20 GT convertible for about 4 months and 1200 miles. When I first got it I started dreaming about a supercharger down the road and maybe the Ford/Roush stage one kit with the throttle body, CAI and tune in the meanwhile. Then it hit me: even bone stock this car gives my 70 year old reflexes and abilities as much as they can handle. This past weekend I set up My Mode just like Sport+ mode except I saved in track exhaust. It was glorious! I think it looks great going down the road in Rapid Red with the blackout package and I only drive it with the top down. Somebody asked me how the B&O sound system sounded and I had to admit I haven’t even turned it on. Probably won’t.

My frame of reference is the fastest muscle cars of the late ‘60s, and I had many of them. And you can’t name even one production car from that era that you could roll off the showroom floor and keep in sight of my GT on the strip. Not even close. Not even an L88 Corvette and they only built 216 of them in 3 years. Since I’ll never see the track or strip in this car and won’t be street racing, the question becomes why?

Having said that, I did install a set of Weathertech floor liners. And I’m contemplating a set of the metal caliper covers, but I’m not certain yet.

I’m thinking the smart money might be to try and guess when the last Shelbys will be built and put one in mothballs.
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
The only mechanical/functional changes I did was lower it with Ford Performance springs, strut tower and firewall braces, traded wheels and tires for a different factory set, and added an H pipe.I have done a few appearance items like window tint, Splash guards, hood scoops, and weathertech floor liners.

Basically nothing to affect warranty or drivability, and all easily reversible.....

crowemag55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Kona Blue, PP1, A10, Active Exhaust
My '19 GT Premium PP1 is stock. I like the Kona Blue as is, and the Active Exhaust works well for me. I do consider striping it from time to time with Trans Am style Center stripes, but haven't done that. I did move the Ford trunk organizer over from the '17 GT PP1 if that counts.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I've changed out the factory speakers (7 of the factory 9) but that's all I plan on doing. This car has all the power I'll ever want and it handles great. Plus I agree with what a lot of others have posted, aftermarket stuff just isn't the same quality as OEM. I've learnt that the hard way over the years.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Yes.
LRG_DSC03935.JPG

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Pretty much yes. I just do K n N air and cabin filters. I feel they're much better than factory and last a long time with minimal care. I am going to replace wheel lug nuts, as I didn't realize the issues they have. Learned that here on the forum, and I think some black Gorilla or McGard's will look cool. Also, did purchase a cargo net, found I can't live without them anymore. Found a great one on Amazon for $20, when the factory one is $70. The quality seems just fine to me and fits perfectly. For me, I feel that ordering a Mustang is the way to go to get exactly what you want. I am very pleased with the handling and power, Magnaride is awesome, the B&O stereo sounds good to me, so yeah, pretty much stock.

Ritwik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ritwik
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP2
I've got tints, floormats, cargo net, clutch assist spring and a throttle controller from my old 2014. So yes, it's pretty much stock. Will mostly remain as such. Honestly, this is one of those cars that are pretty good in the form they came in. They are fast, reliable, fairly comfortable, good looking - all while stock. No need to fix something that's not broken. My Jeep's the same way. Bone stock except tints and a hood bug deflector.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Stock for sure. I searched long time for the exact trim. Rented a 2020 gt vert and road tripped it to be sure it was what I wanted. Listened to the car debate podcast the other day how cars go through phases on the used market and currently buyers want stock and will even buy a older nsx stang Camaro etc and spend big dollars removing mods and returning to stock. For me 460hp is amazing power and the active exhaust with top down is the party I was looking for.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Almost every car from the factory needs to be lowered, in my opinion. It drives me absolutely insane.
So no, I had thousands of dollars in suspension and a few clean aesthetic parts ordered the week it came home. Stripped or paint matched (5.0) all emblems for a clean look.

The closest I’d go to stock, is the wheel spacers that flush the wheels to the fenders, and 1” drop springs. And shave emblems lol.
I just think a lot of people have a hard time trying to mod a car cleanly.
This gray one isn’t mine, but this is how you do it.

STOCK
A558C012-BF6F-4CF8-B066-53367C53C489.jpeg

The correct way ;-) - minus the chrome “5.0”. I would paint those the factory gray color.
6DAFC08C-EA4D-4F12-B5C3-09F478A3A1A7.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Plenty of mods BUT mostly subtle so everything looks like it could be stock. No non Mustang person would pick any of them.

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 is mostly stock. Airaid tube, Green filter, charge pipes, MSD coils, catch can, 50th Anniversary wheels. 196k miles so far.

20210403_121103.jpg

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Absolutely stock Lightning Blue FM convertible. There is a factory boot mat. Sharp eyes will realise - for the Australian market - I’ve added Ford factory FN rims.

Sometimes less is more
C7664698-AE00-4F50-8EEA-BF3EDD6261D9.jpeg
B144E409-62DB-4C9E-AE60-AA8D6BC79DB6.jpeg

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
stock or not, it’s a personalized preference. No real wrong answers :) From an on-looker I think it’s cool to see owners personalized their cars. But on the other side, I get why people choose to leave it OEM too.

My frame of reference is the fastest muscle cars of the late ‘60s, and I had many of them. And you can’t name even one production car from that era that you could roll off the showroom floor and keep in sight of my GT on the strip. Not even close. Not even an L88 Corvette and they only built 216 of them in 3 years. Since I’ll never see the track or strip in this car and won’t be street racing, the question becomes why?
A my18+ GT (off the showroom) vs a my69 Vette ZR1 (off the showroom)? I am using motortrend magazine as a reference point for both. I think a lot would depend upon trim and track conditions as what you described would be a closer race than you’d expect. New cars have a lot more safety and nanny tech holding it down too.
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP212.6 s
1969 Corvette ZR1
12.1 s

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 is mostly stock. Airaid tube, Green filter, charge pipes, MSD coils, catch can, 50th Anniversary wheels. 196k miles so far.

20210403_121103.jpg

I like the idea of the MSD coils ....
Sponsored