Sound Tube Delete completed

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Forgive my ignorance. But how dose the dorman plug fit in, is it just a snug fit and you push it in place? Doesn't look like there is any kind of lip to hold it there once in. No possibility of falling out? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I need a firewall plug too. Any ideas besides the doorman gasket? Autozone maybe? What size am I looking for?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I personally thought it was ugly so that’s why it came out.
Try getting your hand down there on a RHD, the battery box takes up any available hand space that would've been there on a LHD. I can't even get in there properly to see where it attaches to the firewall. All I can do is stick my iphone remotely close and try and take a picture of what's down there. God knows how I can get it out, I could yank it out be then getting my hand in there to fit a grommet would be a nightmare. And from inside up under the footwell our AC/Heater fan box mounting bracket is directly over the top of the sound tube outlet on the firewall, nearly as impossible to get from the inside either. Aarrrgggg!!!

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I need a firewall plug too. Any ideas besides the doorman gasket? Autozone maybe? What size am I looking for?
A 1 1/8" blind grommet is apparently the correct size. $6 bucks for a pack of two from my auto parts store.

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm waiting for my left hand to heal from my attempt to remove that &%@^&# stupid sound tube. Why anybody would think a sound tube would be needed on a car that makes its own music is beyond me but they did hide it well.
Oh come on, we know our Coyotes like to drink some blood every once in a while. :) My hands look like I got in a fight with a cat (And lost), but in the end, bolt = 0, me = 1!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Stock everything ....will deleting the sound tube provide an appreciable quieter cabin?

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think it will slightly, especially since the stock exhaust is pretty quiet to begin with. For me, it moved the engine sound from the front to the back, almost like tweaking the fader on a stereo. I kind of miss the front sound stage, but I absolutely hated the monstrosity of plastic, so she's out for good.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I think it will slightly, especially since the stock exhaust is pretty quiet to begin with. For me, it moved the engine sound from the front to the back, almost like tweaking the fader on a stereo. I kind of miss the front sound stage, but I absolutely hated the monstrosity of plastic, so she's out for good.
Yep that’s the best way to describe it.

I yanked mine on Sunday because I had to take the airbox and tubing off to push the radiator back far enough to change my pony emblem.

I have a big ass bruise on my arm and a bunch of scratches but it’s out. I didn’t take the nut off and I plugged the firewall with the master cylinder grommet that someone posted up on one of these threads.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I didn't bother with the bolt, just yanked and it came right out. I could not get my hands in there to put the plug in and got cut up pretty good.

Finally stuck a piece of tape on the plug, grabbed it with a flexible claw pick up grabber, got it in place and reached in with a long flat blade screwdriver to get it in place. It worked great with no more blood!

I bought 1 of the kits on ebay. It came with a silver hose clamp, so I reused the factory clamp.

I did this on my '16 and now '18. I don't hear any sound difference, but I have old ears that have been abused.
33251396798_644f4d317a_b.jpg

Sponsored

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
Mine is coming out this weekend. It just looks SO DUMB.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Mine is coming out this weekend. It just looks SO DUMB.

If someone has a 15-17 GT who has pulled the sound tube, I could use the tube that connects to the air intake. I want to work on an experiment. i can pay for postage and a few $ for your effort.

Please reach out to me.

thanks

CVCashmere

Redeemer

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP Deep Impact Blue
If someone has a 15-17 GT who has pulled the sound tube, I could use the tube that connects to the air intake. I want to work on an experiment. i can pay for postage and a few $ for your effort.

Please reach out to me.

thanks

CVCashmere
I will let you know once mine is pulled. You are welcome to it.

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Completed the sound tube delete and installed the Boomba plugs from Boomba racing. After reading all the posts I thought it would be difficult for a desk jockey like me. Hardest part was removing the strut braces and engine cover. I never got to the 10mm nut. As I was reaching in past the sound tube a pulled on it slightly to move it, it came right off. Plugged with the caps provided and put it all back together.

900724C8-A1CB-423E-9901-371BED8072E9.jpeg

65434655-ED35-4604-ADC3-9DBB1B761FB3.jpeg

90CDFFC7-66EF-4960-9BAC-9903EC2B5B56.jpeg
Sponsored