Sponsored

Anyone else drive like a granny?

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
i seem to be DrJeckyl / MrHyde... Either I daily drive my 2015Ecoboost , or take it to the track with 850rwhp 2830# 1999 Cobra
q7WLvK5ZEE1JW1aQUaFuUB5HOZPB6ly0M-jfS1lce0-TJNhcBTvVfpdh5SYrl2fnCYtDhzL4Y9ZCWQ7Ey=w1586-h1057-no.jpg

Nice blue bimmer...
Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
gt.10.jpg

Let me be clear. I'm 44 years old, have had my fair share fast cars ranging from R Volvo's to MB AMG's. However although my car is a GT PP1, I tend to really like to cruise. I don't feel the absolute need to smoke the tires at every stoplight nor drive like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. I love the fact when I want to put my foot down, the power is unleashed but normally I just cruise. Maybe because I think she looks soo good.

Anyone else feel the same?
Aaahh, no. But each to his or her own. I didn't buy a fully optioned '19 GT PP1 to beat and mistreat, and I'm also not going to miss an opportunity for some spirited driving on my long daily commute. 62 and still find triple digit territory wickedly fun.

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
At 72 I didn't get something to spend $15K+ on the suspension to go to the grocery. I got it to go to Mexico and back every time I get in the thing. I have other things with wheels to go to the post office

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
gt.10.jpg

Let me be clear. I'm 44 years old, have had my fair share fast cars ranging from R Volvo's to MB AMG's. However although my car is a GT PP1, I tend to really like to cruise. I don't feel the absolute need to smoke the tires at every stoplight nor drive like Tom Cruise in Days of Thunder. I love the fact when I want to put my foot down, the power is unleashed but normally I just cruise. Maybe because I think she looks soo good.

Yes, I do also. I have a '12 GT convert, 6-speed, with a number of Ford Racing Parts including the 50-state sport mufflers. Rather than drag every punk with a bummer (beemer) I just go through the gears sedately, up-shifting at 4,500 - 5,000 to get the full mid-range symphony from the engine. To quote Hank Reardon in Atlas Shrugged, "I don't fight the disarmed." I just ordered a Rapid Red 2020 GT350 and don't figure I'll have to drag anybody.

solarisminor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I live seconds away from twisty roads, and I drive them as often as possible. I have an '18 GT PP1, and I enjoy pushing the car.

Sponsored

Grayden4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grayden
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang Cobra, 2009 Mustang GT/CS, 2011 F350, 2019 Mustang GT PPL2
I learned how to drive fast while trying to keep up with my grandma in her Mercury Cyclone on the back roads. So, yes, I do drive like a granny.

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I donā€™t drive like a Granny. I drive like a 59 year old. My last traffic ticket was in 96.

Have a 2009 Yamaha FJR1300 and a 2015 Mustang GT. Iā€™m usually just a little over the posted limit when in town-traffic. But when I get out on open highways/Freeways/Interstates and the traffic is spread out, sparse or nonexistent, I open them up...

The best thing about the Yamaha and the Mustang is they have the power to get away from the packs of idiots quickly.

Havenā€™t even tried the line-lock yet. Unless Iā€™m getting ready drag race, I just donā€™t see the point in smoking the tires.

Last edited:

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
No not really. I drive normally but once a week I will drive this thing like there is no tomorrow. This car is good for highway cruising but really feels at home when pushing the engine to its redline!

RubberFeet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
S550
It seems we all hit on a nerve here - in a good and valid way. This is exactly why the Camaro is dead. I drove one of them on a track last year and it pushed the issue home. It was a track set up car like the mustangs were. A lot of mods on all. The Camaro was, I guess the best way to say it, numb. In all respects, but most notable with the steering. People get the Mustangs to drive, Oh, we like to just 'cruise' at times, but we got these cars to DRIVE!
I'm an old guy. In the 60's and 70's, to get a chassis, let alone a motor, that comes close to what these cars, all cars today are capable, we would have to build them ourselves for a lot of $$$.
The short of it is, - If I can't feel the front tires, I can't drive it. Ford did an outstanding job of making a chassis that's just fun to drive. Go use the damn thing, people!

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT
BB059632-6827-47D2-8DF7-78236C53104C.jpeg
gt.10.jpg

49 here and yep pretty much cruise. Seldom get on it, love it when I do, always have the urge just donā€™t. Looks fast the way it is and been through days of hot dogging around. ā€˜18 GT Prem. PP1

Sponsored

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
8AE13F1C-779C-4DF7-8B57-25B88A16350B.jpeg
A29D50B1-E5AE-4E65-8EC8-C3A04BDD4B0B.jpeg
If any of you fellow Mustang drivers ever get down to Florida, I need one of of you to drive my car. I want to race my Yamaha against my Mustang.

Knowing both really well, itā€™s gonna be close but I say the Yamaha by a car length..

Last edited:

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Over 50 normally drive like a granny.. Pushed the gas a bit today and passed a suv. It was an unmarked police in a Durango. Pulled me over, let me go with a verbal. Back to granny mode.. Enough said.
What was the first thing he said to you?

Karavel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kara
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Ruby Red
I know I do. After being in so many accidents, the last one a guy pit maneuvered me while I was driving straight minding my own business he U turned into my rear quarter shot my nice fully loaded 2013 Gt into a telephone pole. Life flashed in my face as I saw a telephone pole coming at my driver window.

My 2017 is so much nicer and I am cautious AF. Dumbass people on their phones and too many people on the road now.

Once in a while I'll row through the gears to relieve stress lol.

Life's too short so I daily my stangs 24/7 New England winters and all, it's actually really great in the snow having more than 400hp with some snow tires. Drive it everyday cause any day could be the last!

TLFLOW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My Granny used to drive 85 mph in her Lincoln down I-65 ... her kids (including my Dad) took her keys away because she ran over baby Jesus on the way home one evening when she didnā€™t make 100% of the turn ... she was almost 90.
Sponsored