Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm seeing more and more chatter in the MSM that Biden should refuse debating Trump because "He lies so much". Lies, half-truths, and out of context claims have been the foundation of politics in the US for a long time now. I don't understand what Biden (or his supporters) would be so afraid of. Hell.... IMHO, Trump didn't do so well when he debated Hillary. I think they might be afraid of something else... so it gives the appearance to me that they might be setting the stage due to whatever that may be.

I know Joe can certainly flubber things up, but so can Trump. If they do debate, and I think they absolutely should, I'm going to have the popcorn ready for that. Joe might end up taking a swing at Trump on national TV. He's said before that he'd like to punch that SOB in the face.

I hope you are correct with the case count headed downward. I'm sure there will be another one before to long though unfortunately. Hopefully they aren't as bad as they have been.
I believe that there should be and will be debates. I thinks Trump wants a bazillion of them just so he can get his face on TV. Let there just be the normal amount and we'll be fine. I'm with you on the popcorn. These should be a lot of fun. Can you imagine Trump coming up behind Biden the way he did to Hillary. Biden will kick him where it hurts.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What deflection. I pointedly answered your 60K prediction question.

No one thought this Covid-19 infection would be less than a terrible flu season which usually around 100K.

Most people hoped it would be better but knew it would most likely be worse.
Good one. Typical flu season being not even half of that 100,000 you just quoted. Close.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Twitter should’ve put a stop to Trump more than a decade ago. By his own logic, he’s entirely to blame for the whole mess. Or are we applying a different standard now?
6BDF2611-6E91-43BC-9958-1470D29F189D.jpeg

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe Twitter should’ve put a stop to Trump more than a decade ago. By his own logic, he’s entirely to blame for the whole mess. Or are we applying a different standard now?
6BDF2611-6E91-43BC-9958-1470D29F189D.jpeg
Doesn't matter, TBH. Only haters give a crap. You can pull skeletons from just about any politicians closet that makes them look bad. Won't change many minds... if any at all, when it comes to voting.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't matter, TBH. Only haters give a crap. You can pull skeletons from just about any politicians closet that makes them look bad. Won't change many minds... if any at all, when it comes to voting.
This is true. It’s just interesting that he holds himself to a very different standard than he holds others.
In fairness, hundreds of thousand isn’t in the same league as thousands, so maybe I’m being unfair.

Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
This is true. It’s just interesting that he holds himself to a very different standard than he holds others.
In fairness, hundreds of thousand isn’t in the same league as thousands, so maybe I’m being unfair.
I don't think you are being unfair. It's a fair criticism. I think he probably now understands that being POTUS is a LOT harder than he thought at the time. POTUS's rarely admit fault because it "shows weakness". He recently said he regrets things he has posted on Twitter. I think that's about as far as he will go.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you are being unfair. It's a fair criticism. I think he probably now understands that being POTUS is a LOT harder than he thought at the time. POTUS's rarely admit fault because it "shows weakness". He recently said he regrets things he has posted on Twitter. I think that's about as far as he will go.
Actually, it turns out I was being unfair (to some extent). The Tweet is fake but it’s not that far removed from the truth of it when you delve a little deeper.
I’ll own my mistakes though.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/2009-trump-tweet-pandemic/

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, it turns out I was being unfair (to some extent). The Tweet is fake but it’s not that far removed from the truth of it when you delve a little deeper.
I’ll own my mistakes though.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/2009-trump-tweet-pandemic/
Cool... honorable thing to do. *hat tip*

As they say in the USA, the buck does stop at the POTUS, even though there is plenty of blame to go around. Odd thing is that if there is a successful vaccine produced by Moderna (phase 3 started today), and it is implemented before Nov. 3, you can be he'll be taking credit for that (and he should). That could propel him into a 2nd term. Still a longshot... but ya' never know.

I just hope there is a successful one ASAP. For the sake of everyone. Not USA politics.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Good one. Typical flu season being not even half of that 100,000 you just quoted. Close.
Might want to re-read my post. I said terrible, not typical.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Might want to re-read my post. I said terrible, not typical.
Ok, I’ll quote you directly so that it makes more sense.

“No one thought this Covid-19 infection would be less than a terrible flu season which usually around 100K.
Most people hoped it would be better but knew it would most likely be worse.”

In context, you’ve referenced a “terrible” flu season and then asserted that these terrible flu seasons are “typically” 100,000.
I’d suggest that 60,000 is actually a “terrible” flu season death count and that 100,000 deaths from flu has only happened in the US once (to my knowledge) in the past 50 years, making it something above “terrible” and “extremely rare”.
You might call it a pandemic in fact....
I guess we could argue the specifics of what constitutes “terrible” as infintum.

Anyways, you stated that no one thought Covid19 would be less than a terrible flu season....
Erm, Donald Trump ring a bell?
“This will all go away”
“It’ll go away in the summer”
“These 14 cases will disappear”
Etc etc etc.
Yeah, “no one” except arguably the single most powerful man on the planet and an entire legion of his followers who wanted it to be true.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Ok, I’ll quote you directly so that it makes more sense.

“No one thought this Covid-19 infection would be less than a terrible flu season which usually around 100K.
Most people hoped it would be better but knew it would most likely be worse.”

In context, you’ve referenced a “terrible” flu season and then asserted that these terrible flu seasons are “typically” 100,000.
I’d suggest that 60,000 is actually a “terrible” flu season death count and that 100,000 deaths from flu has only happened in the US once (to my knowledge) in the past 50 years, making it something above “terrible” and “extremely rare”.
You might call it a pandemic in fact....
I guess we could argue the specifics of what constitutes “terrible” as infintum.

Anyways, you stated that no one thought Covid19 would be less than a terrible flu season....
Erm, Donald Trump ring a bell?
“This will all go away”
“It’ll go away in the summer”
“These 14 cases will disappear”
Etc etc etc.
Yeah, “no one” except arguably the single most powerful man on the planet and an entire legion of his followers who wanted it to be true.
So as usual you add nothing. Thanks. You are also a mind reader and knew exactly what I meant.

Perhaps you should use those amazing skills and fix the world's problems instead of wasting time on a Mustang forum?

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Pfizer to seek FDA emergency use nod for COVID-19 vaccine as early as October
Jul. 28, 2020 2:27 PM ET|About: Pfizer Inc. (PFE)|By: Douglas W. House, SA News Editor

In an interview on CNBC, Pfizer (PFE +4.0%) chief Albert Bourla said the company plans to seek regulatory review of its emergency use authorization application for COVID-19 vaccine candidate BNT162b2 as early as October.

Most of the 30K trial participants will be vaccinated by the end of August. Preliminary immunogenicity data should be available by late September of early October.

Related ticker: BioNTech (BNTX -1.6%)

Selected COVID-19 vaccine tickers: Sanofi (SNY -0.4%), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ +0.3%), Moderna (MRNA +1.3%), Novavax (NVAX +5.4%)

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
With all due respect, trashing Donald Trump is not going to make Australia’s situation any better. I said a long time ago there was no stopping this. We are all going to get it and it’s just going to become a part of life. My hope was a good treatment witch we have made big advances in compared to the start.

Now what I will give Donald Trump credit for is not completely destroying the economy. If it had been up to the talking heads we would still be locked down.(see Illinois) In 5 years the economic hit will hurt much worse than the virus and I believe Donald understands that. While lockdown and restriction will help to keep the hospitals above water it’s a fine balance and people’s lives are in the balance both economically and from a health standpoint.

Most people haven’t had much education on the Great Depression. If the question was - Would you rather have covid sweeping the world for 2 years or a Great Depression it might be a hard choice. If the question is - Do you want a Great Depression and covid, it’s an easy choice.
308B56EC-B301-47B2-9FA9-7FA8F674FA55.jpeg
With all due respect, “Australia’s situation” is actually “Melbournes” situation.
The rest of Victoria and the the other states are almost completely unaffected at the current time. I listen to the Victorian premier speak daily and this isn’t the result of failure to govern properly. Both the federal and state governments acted early with results that showed success.
The recent resurgence stems from idiots failing to heed the medical advice being offered, failing to adhere to quarantine rules, dickheads going to Bunnings without their mask on and then arguing with the staff about their rights under the 1948 UN convention or some other bullshit etc etc.
Turns out, some people are far more selfish and idiotic than most of us previously thought possible.

You’re right though, the blame game with respect to Donald doesn’t improve the situation.
Sponsored