Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Fallout dept., Chicagoland western suburbs. With Illinois "reopening", this is Friday morning rush hour today, a mile of normally full commuter parking and Cass Ave, main street, would be clogged with the traffic of people going to work. Any one that believes a certain leaders' proclamation of the economy "taking off like a rocket ship" is dreaming.
My 91 y/o MIL, with ALL KINDS of health issues, and whom I haven't been able to visit for two months in the nursing home, tested positive six weeks ago, no symptoms.
My Dr. does not know one person that has suffered from the disease.
Something ain't right here.
IMG_4338.jpg
IMG_4340.jpg
They are all driving. I was also a commuter on the MDWest line. No more. I drive, but my office is going virtual. Closing up my downtown office. We have learned to live without an office and my clients don’t care. So adios, !
Sponsored

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
They are all driving. I was also a commuter on the MDWest line. No more. I drive, but my office is going virtual. Closing up my downtown office. We have learned to live without an office and my clients don’t care. So adios, !
This is a great example of what is becoming the work from home revolution. It was bound to happen (to a certain extent), and the pandemic helped push it along. It was shot down over and over again by upper management, and the pandemic proved to be a great proof of concept. I mean it shoved it down their throats. I'm not saying its going to be a massive change, but it will be noticeable for sure. Huge real estate savings for big businesses and salary changes as well. Why pay a remote workers NYC salaries, when you can pay them Texas salaries.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
There will be losers and winners, more losers and a shrinking economy, at least for a while, while it sorts out. My phd daughter loves working from home, so far. The large complex she worked at though means lots of ancillary jobs that may be lost.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is ultimately what most states will have to go to for the foreseeable future. Even heavily infected areas can benefit from keeping the an individuals daily contacts limited. In our situation the cases will never go away but the rate of spread will be limited because of smaller contact overlap.

I would expect these rules will be the status quo until something materially changes.
I assumed “work from home where possible” orders would already be in place in the US? They most certainly have been given in Australia.
My workplace (as an example) has all office staff working from home, field based employees are segregated into distinct groups/vehicles/amenities and start/finish times. There is ZERO interaction between groups. Each vehicle is sanitised at the beginning and end of each shift etc etc.
It won’t stop the spread, but it will fragment it enough that it slows.
Strangely, our productivity has actually increased despite all of the measures that hinder us.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in technology services, and one of the tools that has really taken off during all of this are "virtual rooms". Rather than calling your tech support and just talking to someone over the phone, we have been using virtual rooms so both the client and tech can see each other and interact in that manner. It's a more "personal" experience that practitioners seem to appreciate. There is still a portion of hands on work that has to be covered, but a lot of our techs will end up working from home more often (some permanently).

2020 BC (before COVID) - Most tech services were walk-up in person interaction

2020 DC (during COVID) - Remote work prioritized limiting physical human interaction

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I know, I know. It's just that I keep seeing people getting sick for no reason other than his vanity. Who does that. Does any person with a shred of humanity intentional look to hurt people for their own good. This is our president, the leader of our country and the free world. And he puts his appearance ahead of the safety of the public. I just don't get it.
I fail to understand how this orange man bad person is responsible in any way for anything Covid related that you are complaining about.

He closed borders earlier than people wanted (and took the usual racist/xeno/etc shaming from the msm) which now anyone with a brain will admit was a good thing.

He has appointed the experts in the feel to administer the federal government response (and these people are even left leaning).

He has not contracted the virus and therefore is not spreading it to anyone.

His job is to also take care of the economy. An economy that was the best ever till this hit. Anyone again with a brain and willing to admit it knows that crushing unemployment and poverty is going to kill more than this virus.

The only other option to getting the economy going again is to further put the country in trillions of trillions of dollars of debt giving people money for not working. Something our next generations will get crushed by in interest alone or cause the country to default on the debt which will also severely affect future generations.

I mean seriously the guy was given a dog's dinner with no way to make everyone happy.

I'm in technology services, and one of the tools that has really taken off during all of this are "virtual rooms". Rather than calling your tech support and just talking to someone over the phone, we have been using virtual rooms so both the client and tech can see each other and interact in that manner. It's a more "personal" experience that practitioners seem to appreciate. There is still a portion of hands on work that has to be covered, but a lot of our techs will end up working from home more often (some permanently).

2020 BC (before COVID) - Most tech services were walk-up in person interaction

2020 DC (during COVID) - Remote work prioritized limiting physical human interaction
I have a tech company also and we've been doing remote services for at least 90% of the calls for years now...so nothing has changed for us. On site service is basically only for failed hard ware.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I fail to understand how this orange man bad person is responsible in any way for anything Covid related that you are complaining about.
So I was trying to be as respectful as possible and you refer to the president a "orange man bad person" Why? Also as the president he is responsible for leading the nation in all regards. This includes public heath emergencies. He is not doing that.

He closed borders earlier than people wanted (and took the usual racist/xeno/etc shaming from the msm) which now anyone with a brain will admit was a good thing.
He did not "close" the borders. He limited travel from China to the US. This did not includes Americans who brought the virus back with them. He also did nothing for the East Coast which is where all of our cases originated from. I agree he took a lot of sh-t about China but he's the president. He should be able to handle the criticism.

He has appointed the experts in the feel to administer the federal government response (and these people are even left leaning).
This is the largest agreement against everything you are saying. Yes he appointed them and then immediately starting disagreeing with everything they said. This continues until today. Do you see VP Pence's embarrassment yesterday?

He has not contracted the virus and therefore is not spreading it to anyone.
So? It's calling by example. Mitch McConnell does have it and he wears a mask. Lindsey Graham doesn't have it either and he wears a mask. That has to tell you something.

His job is to also take care of the economy. An economy that was the best ever till this hit. Anyone again with a brain and willing to admit it knows that crushing unemployment and poverty is going to kill more than this virus.
Agreed, but the health and well being of the American people should always be the single most important thing any elected official has to protect. Unless this virus is contained unemployment will continue to rise and the economy is still going to hell. Florida and Texas have already figured this out and is starting to shut down again. Arizona will too. Columbia and Charleston have started and I guarantee you Myrtle Beach is hanging on by a thread. Many of the local here are scared and want the hotels closed.

The only other option to getting the economy going again is to further put the country in trillions of trillions of dollars of debt giving people money for not working. Something our next generations will get crushed by in interest alone or cause the country to default on the debt which will also severely affect future generations.
The economy is not going to get started again regardless of the amount of money poured in. The only thing that is going to help is getting this virus under control. It's not stopping for you, me, the president, of anyone else. And by the way what happens to our economy when the rest of the world starts shutting us down. It's already started and its going to get real ugly real fast.

I mean seriously the guy was given a dog's dinner with no way to make everyone happy.
Yes, but that's the job he has. As another American president once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Time for him to man up and stop whining.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I was trying to be as respectful as possible and you refer to the president a "orange man bad person" Why? Also as the president he is responsible for leading the nation in all regards. This includes public heath emergencies. He is not doing that.

He did not "close" the borders. He limited travel from China to the US. This did not includes Americans who brought the virus back with them. He also did nothing for the East Coast which is where all of our cases originated from. I agree he took a lot of sh-t about China but he's the president. He should be able to handle the criticism.

This is the largest agreement against everything you are saying. Yes he appointed them and then immediately starting disagreeing with everything they said. This continues until today. Do you see VP Pence's embarrassment yesterday?

So? It's calling by example. Mitch McConnell does have it and he wears a mask. Lindsey Graham doesn't have it either and he wears a mask. That has to tell you something.

Agreed, but the health and well being of the American people should always be the single most important thing any elected official has to protect. Unless this virus is contained unemployment will continue to rise and the economy is still going to hell. Florida and Texas have already figured this out and is starting to shut down again. Arizona will too. Columbia and Charleston have started and I guarantee you Myrtle Beach is hanging on by a thread. Many of the local here are scared and want the hotels closed.

The economy is not going to get started again regardless of the amount of money poured in. The only thing that is going to help is getting this virus under control. It's not stopping for you, me, the president, of anyone else. And by the way what happens to our economy when the rest of the world starts shutting us down. It's already started and its going to get real ugly real fast.

Yes, but that's the job he has. As another American president once said, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Time for him to man up and stop whining.
So in all of your counter points all you said was he is wrong in what he is doing. So point out what he should be doing.

Just like the rest of the opposition all they do is complain and complain.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
You know the stories where the remote guy contracted his job to 3 guys in India are going to just explode.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So in all of your counter points all you said was he is wrong in what he is doing. So point out what he should be doing.

Just like the rest of the opposition all they do is complain and complain.
I could list 50 things put this is #1.

How about he puts aside his ego and his vanity and puts on a mask. And then go out and tell his base its the right thing to do. That's it, simple. One stupid gesture. Would save a lot of people from getting sick. Flatten the curve, again. Prevent shutdowns, again. Prevent people from fighting one another in stores and on the street. And help the economy. It's a win, win, win. But he will not do it because he doesn't give a shit.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
from an international viewpoint, Trump is making America look stupid. That's a fact, pure and simple. Americas standing in the world is getting smaller by the minute but that's what you voted for so enjoy it and congratulations:thumbsup: I hope you don't end up like us, death rate through the ceiling and every trade deal burned to the ground. Bonkers guys, just bonkers

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
from an international viewpoint, Trump is making America look stupid. That's a fact, pure and simple. Americas standing in the world is getting smaller by the minute but that's what you voted for so enjoy it and congratulations:thumbsup: I hope you don't end up like us, death rate through the ceiling and every trade deal burned to the ground. Bonkers guys, just bonkers
The International community also understands (at least I'd like to think they are smart enough too), that POTUS's are not forever. Even if he gets another 4 years, it's just a small blip in the grand scheme of things.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could list 50 things put this is #1.

How about he puts aside his ego and his vanity and puts on a mask. And then go out and tell his base its the right thing to do. That's it, simple. One stupid gesture. Would save a lot of people from getting sick. Flatten the curve, again. Prevent shutdowns, again. Prevent people from fighting one another in stores and on the street. And help the economy. It's a win, win, win. But he will not do it because he doesn't give a shit.
Last time I checked this was optional...according to CDC guidelines...because you cannot say for sure in any given situation it will stop anyone from getting sick.

His personal choice and the choice of many others. He is tested on a regular basis and keeps the required distance if not much farther....which I believe distance is truly the best option along with hand washing if outside your home.

You don't like it? You're free to not like it or him...which you obviously do not....which means you cannot possibly be trusted to decide if he gives a shit.

And lastly you did not mention anything other than wearing a mask. Typical for Trump haters.
Sponsored