boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic 3.7L V6 auto, Eibach lowering springs, Bama tune
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone take their V6 to the track? How do you launch? Is it just sport mode + disable traction control + brake + accelerator then release break? This was pretty much how to do it in my BMW.

Or is there no point? Not found anything on it here, google or youtube, apologies if this has already covered, if so please link the relevant thread.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
F#$k yea take it to the track and have fun!. I used to take my 2011 v6 daily all the time. I was more consistent in that. Than my 95 race car. Yep disable nannies. Rev to 1500 and send it.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of people take their V6 to the track...Auto Mafia Racing just made it to 11.99 NA on their S197 Cyclone.

I need driver mod badly, but on my first night I did 13.975 @ 100.66. Never launched as hard as I could have because I had no idea what I was doing, still a good time though.

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of people take their V6 to the track...Auto Mafia Racing just made it to 11.99 NA on their S197 Cyclone.

I need driver mod badly, but on my first night I did 13.975 @ 100.66. Never launched as hard as I could have because I had no idea what I was doing, still a good time though.

ok cool, so what was your launch protocol?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
On that one it was hold around 1k and then go when the light turned green, mine is an auto. I think I even still had traction control on but when I go next time, it'll be track mode (I did a Sync 3 swap so I have all the modes) and holding as high as I can without red lighting. But yeah, brake + accelerator then release brake.

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On that one it was hold around 1k and then go when the light turned green, mine is an auto. I think I even still had traction control on but when I go next time, it'll be track mode (I did a Sync 3 swap so I have all the modes) and holding as high as I can without red lighting. But yeah, brake + accelerator then release brake.
have you used the track mode yet? does it actually work on the V6? is there a thread for the Sync 3 swap?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
boogie

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
awesome thanks for that. so you access track mode via the sync screen not the gauge/tip meter screen?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depends what you mean. Sport+, Track, and the Rain/Snow setting are only available on Premiums. The toggle switches are part of the Sync 3 bezel and flipping it triggers the mode switches which show up on the center gauge screen.

Sponsored

Furious18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt, 2018 f150 eb 3.5
You definitely should! Go have fun and catch the bug.

First time at track? Automatic?

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Depends what you mean. Sport+, Track, and the Rain/Snow setting are only available on Premiums. The toggle switches are part of the Sync 3 bezel and flipping it triggers the mode switches which show up on the center gauge screen.
ah right so maybe not available on mine regardless? pretty sure it's not premium, although it feels it compared to most other cars I've driven!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
ah right so maybe not available on mine regardless? pretty sure it's not premium, although it feels it compared to most other cars I've driven!
None of the V6s came with Sync 3 from the factory so it definitely isn't there stock. If you do the swap, you can activate it with Forscan. It does make a difference, but I don't know how dramatic of a difference it would be running with Normal and traction control off vs Track.

OP
OP
boogie

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
None of the V6s came with Sync 3 from the factory so it definitely isn't there stock. If you do the swap, you can activate it with Forscan. It does make a difference, but I don't know how dramatic of a difference it would be running with Normal and traction control off vs Track.
oh i thought you meant if you didn't have a premium model you wouldn't be able to activate it regardless.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My fault for that, swap Premium to Sync 3. Was just trying to keep it separate from D and S on the actual shifter.
Sponsored