aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
Hey fellas,

I'm looking for some input on what clutch I should get for my set up. I'm running a supercharger (high 800rwhp, but do plan on going for around 900-950 eventually) with a MT82.

What clutch kit would you recommend for NY set up? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a mantic clutch as I'm told that's the only reliable clutch for mt82. I was wondering tho has anyone ran or had any trouble with the Mcleod clutch? There's about a $1k difference between the two so I'm wondering if what people say about the Mcleod clutches are true (that they constantly break MT82s).

Also I'm eventually going to go for a stage 3 mt82 from calimer if that helps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I run a McLeod RXT twin disc with a lightweight flywheel. Apparently it's rated for 1200hp. I don't plan on going past 480whp. It's obviously heavier than stock but I use a lighter clutch spring from Steeda. It's pretty awesome. The bite is great and you can shift as fast as you're able and with the lighter flywheel, the rpms drop really quick so the engine revs a little happier.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP have you researched the Lethal Performance clutches? I think they run in the price range of the McLeods.

OP
OP
aedfam

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
OP have you researched the Lethal Performance clutches? I think they run in the price range of the McLeods.
Aren't they basically the same as a Mcleod clutch? For some reason I thought the LP clutch was produced by, or in collaboration with McLeod, which brings me back the same dilemma of not having any feedback on how they actually run. I was actually thinking of calling LP and getting input from them but I'm wary of asking for recommendations from a sales company as their job is to sell you a product. I'm not saying they can't be helpful tho but I would also like to hear from you guys, the consumers, what actually works and doesn't work.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There are forum topics on here from people that had both the McLeod and Lethal. Supposedly the Kelvar in the Lethal clutch makes a huge difference.

Aren't they basically the same as a Mcleod clutch? For some reason I thought the LP clutch was produced by, or in collaboration with McLeod, which brings me back the same dilemma of not having any feedback on how they actually run. I was actually thinking of calling LP and getting input from them but I'm wary of asking for recommendations from a sales company as their job is to sell you a product. I'm not saying they can't be helpful tho but I would also like to hear from you guys, the consumers, what actually works and doesn't work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aedfam

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
There are forum topics on here from people that had both the McLeod and Lethal. Supposedly the Kelvar in the Lethal clutch makes a huge difference.
I'm going to look that up.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey fellas,

I'm looking for some input on what clutch I should get for my set up. I'm running a supercharger (high 800rwhp, but do plan on going for around 900-950 eventually) with a MT82.

What clutch kit would you recommend for NY set up? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a mantic clutch as I'm told that's the only reliable clutch for mt82. I was wondering tho has anyone ran or had any trouble with the Mcleod clutch? There's about a $1k difference between the two so I'm wondering if what people say about the Mcleod clutches are true (that they constantly break MT82s).

Also I'm eventually going to go for a stage 3 mt82 from calimer if that helps.
We offer the best clutches for the MT-82 transmission. It's our Lethal LPX and LPX-HD which utilize Kevlar disks. Please give us a call to discuss your goals and recommend the appropriate clutch for your application. www.lethalperformance.com

Djervin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ran the RXT and liked it. I now run the LPX HD and love it. Keep in mind Calimer is going to almost insist you run a 26 spline input shaft on their Stage 3 (which I'm now running). Not sure when you're planning on the built trans but you might want to consider the input shaft spline count and diameter when ordering the clutch.

OP
OP
aedfam

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
We offer the best clutches for the MT-82 transmission. It's our Lethal LPX and LPX-HD which utilize Kevlar disks. Please give us a call to discuss your goals and recommend the appropriate clutch for your application. www.lethalperformance.com
I was looking into your clutch and it seems as the HD is rated for 1000HP. Is that 1000HP to the crank or to the wheels?

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Sweet. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on it in that case. That was the only concern I had whether or not it was rated to the wheels. 😁
Give us a call before you order, we might have a promotion going on. Ask to speak to me "Andrew". 1.877.253.8425

Last edited:

Bear380spin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 manual
Hello I plan on making around 550whp is the mcLeod rst good.
Sponsored