Sponsored

Need new clutch for high horse power Mt82

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
So my clutch after a few years decided to leave the chat! I have a McLeod RXT1200 on it and it was really good for the car when I was on the 700 range but and soon as we put over 900 it started to slip, keep in mind is also a 3 or 4 year clutch with not many miles probably 5000 miles but with a good amount of passes down the 1/4 miles.
I want to take the car to the next step, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200hp does anyone have experience with a clutch on 1000+ Mt82? Also would like input on flywheel should I switch to aluminum? Is a 98% track car 2% street. So I’m looking for best performance. Thanks for the help
Sponsored

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
So my clutch after a few years decided to leave the chat! I have a McLeod RXT1200 on it and it was really good for the car when I was on the 700 range but and soon as we put over 900 it started to slip, keep in mind is also a 3 or 4 year clutch with not many miles probably 5000 miles but with a good amount of passes down the 1/4 miles.
I want to take the car to the next step, somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200hp does anyone have experience with a clutch on 1000+ Mt82? Also would like input on flywheel should I switch to aluminum? Is a 98% track car 2% street. So I’m looking for best performance. Thanks for the help

Hey There, In my honest opinion, if you are looking to push over 1000HP on your MT82, it will not last very long. I would recommend going with a T56 Magnum XL swap kit with a LPXHD clutch in there, the clutch can hold 1000HP no problem. In my experience the MT82 trans does not hold up very well to that much power, the T56 swap kit come with everything you'll need to make the power and hold it. If you have any inquiries, just let me know!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...ansmission-swap-kit-2015-2017-mustang-gt.html

OP
OP
TOROz06

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
Hey There, In my honest opinion, if you are looking to push over 1000HP on your MT82, it will not last very long. I would recommend going with a T56 Magnum XL swap kit with a LPXHD clutch in there, the clutch can hold 1000HP no problem. In my experience the MT82 trans does not hold up very well to that much power, the T56 swap kit come with everything you'll need to make the power and hold it. If you have any inquiries, just let me know!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...ansmission-swap-kit-2015-2017-mustang-gt.html
thanks Shane, I’m trying to go after the MT82 record, I’m .3 away from it. What do you recommend that can hold 1200?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This is a good testament on the MT82 that you have here! I mostly hear about MT82 failures when paired with an RXT clutch, but it sounds like you’ve had really good success with yours. I hope it’s the same for me when I start making hits in mine. Did you do anything specific to your car to help the tranny withstand the repeated drag strip launches? I’m currently on my factory clutch (2019 Bullitt) which has 5500 miles on it. I do realize that I’m on borrowed time With the factory clutch, especially with the use of nitrous. I’ve done all the rear suspension upgrades (including Ford Performance half shafts), to help lessen the shock on the drivetrain, so hopefully that’ll be of some benefit to me.

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
thanks Shane, I’m trying to go after the MT82 record, I’m .3 away from it. What do you recommend that can hold 1200?
Honestly, I believe the LPXHD will serve you well, it is rated for 1000HP. I have seen guys pushing 1000HP running our smaller LPX clutch, so I think the LPXHD will be perfect for you. I am also running a sale on these clutches at the moment as well!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/l...-23-spline-1-000-hp-2011-2017-mustang-gt.html

Sponsored

OP
OP
TOROz06

TOROz06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt
This is a good testament on the MT82 that you have here! I mostly hear about MT82 failures when paired with an RXT clutch, but it sounds like you’ve had really good success with yours. I hope it’s the same for me when I start making hits in mine. Did you do anything specific to your car to help the tranny withstand the repeated drag strip launches? I’m currently on my factory clutch (2019 Bullitt) which has 5500 miles on it. I do realize that I’m on borrowed time With the factory clutch, especially with the use of nitrous. I’ve done all the rear suspension upgrades (including Ford Performance half shafts), to help lessen the shock on the drivetrain, so hopefully that’ll be of some benefit to me.
Yes my Mt82 is doing just fine! I changed the clutch, the shifter, the clutch line and have all the parts bmr said would eliminate wheel hop. On the half shaft I have g force

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes my Mt82 is doing just fine! I changed the clutch, the shifter, the clutch line and have all the parts bmr said would eliminate wheel hop. On the half shaft I have g force
What rpm are you launching at and what are your 60’ times, et and mph?
Sponsored