Another wierd 10r80 problem

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Built trans, all the goodies. Making around 1k wheel now, but haven't beaten on the trans much besides two dyno pulls. It seems to be working normally in all modes except for one problem. It is on a 2nd gear leave tune, that has worked up until this time.

On deceleration, sometimes it downshifts to only third (rather than 2nd) when coming to a stop. Then if I try to drive it feels like it is slipping really bad, so I stop right away. Sometimes it doesn't do it. It does seems to happen more often if I don't come to a complete stop. It happens with the trans warm or cold, different deceleration rates, braking rates, and so on, couldn't find a trend. Once stopped or slowly rolling, and stuck in 3rd but slipping, if I paddle down it goes to first, then 2nd (like it does when going from neutral on the 2nd gear leave tune). This is what I have been doing as a work around when it occurs. If I am completely stopped, another things that works is go to neutral, then back to D. Normal behavior (goes to 1st, then quickly into 2nd).

Any ideas? I did do a relearn, no joy.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Stock torque converter? The slipping feel in 3rd I think is the converter not being locked up yet. Have you checked the fluid level?

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Circle D, I don't think it is the convertor but maybe. A log would show that. The reason I don't think it is that, as I am barely on the pedal and it doesn't go anywhere, feels like neutral. I need to log it. I also need to verify the fluid. The plan was the relearn today, and get the transmission up to temp to measure the fluid. Well life got in the way, will need to verify another day. I did check it when I put it in (on jack stands, running at temp). I haven't seen any leaks, but it could have been trapped air or something weird.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Drove today, didn't do it once. Maybe the relearn solved it.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe check the fluid level again at full operating temps as well.
Sponsored