Another alignment thread/question.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Hi all....can you review this alignment and my situation and offer advice?
Mostly stock 2015 GT, lowered years ago with Ford performance springs. Wears the inside edge on the tires...also did this before lowering when new....it’s also a bit darty and unstable in straight line driving. I don’t track other than 1/4 mile, and want a stable daily driver that wears tires evenly. Ford 20 inch rims, OEM sized tires.

I paid the local ford dealer to align, told them I had tire wear issues on inside. It looks like they made almost no adjustments. What’s causing inside tire wear? Is it the Camber? Thanks!
19949A4C-2F97-436E-9346-443148925E68.jpeg
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Inside front tire wear is a common issue on the S550 platform. Is that where you're having issues or is it in the rear?

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
For the front caster is out as expected. Toe was adjusted, and it made a tiny positive impact on your front camber, but you'll need some camber plates to really make a difference there.

What's interesting to me is the camber in the rear. They should have adjusted that back to something a little better. It seems like it's about a half degree farther out.

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
For the front caster is out as expected. Toe was adjusted, and it made a tiny positive impact on your front camber, but you'll need some camber plates to really make a difference there.

What's interesting to me is the camber in the rear. They should have adjusted that back to something a little better. It seems like it's about a half degree farther out.

I had a similar issue lowered on factory 20s. The OE tires wore awfully. I’m not noticing uneven wear on my current 275-35 Indy 500 tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes that rear camber is a bit high for a DD alignment. And the rear should have a bit more toe in.

Did they charge you for a 4 wheel alignment? Because it looks like they didn't touch the back.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Rear toe is bad... should be .11-.12 on each side. Rear camber is also bad... it is adjustable from the factory (inboard camber link bolt mount is slotted) and should be closer to -1.3 to -1.5. Front looks ok.

OP
OP

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I had mostly rear inner wear, and told them that was the target for alignment adjustment. I did pay for a 4 wheel alignment and it appears they did not adjust much of anything....I think I am done with dealers for anything other than free warranty work. The paperwork for the oil change states they added 6 quarts, and I was 99% certain the 2015 5.0 was 8 quarts so I pulled up the Ford website specs and it said 8. I had them pull the car in a bay and check, it was about 3/4 quart low, and they had to add. WTF? It’s a FORD car that you are trained in servicing!? I could maybe understand if I had brought them. 1947 Bentley that requires 7.85 quarts or something but what a crap show that was......

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
In addition to above points, I recommend buying directional tires and flipping insides & outsides before the tires are totally doomed.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I had mostly rear inner wear, and told them that was the target for alignment adjustment. I did pay for a 4 wheel alignment and it appears they did not adjust much of anything....I think I am done with dealers for anything other than free warranty work. The paperwork for the oil change states they added 6 quarts, and I was 99% certain the 2015 5.0 was 8 quarts so I pulled up the Ford website specs and it said 8. I had them pull the car in a bay and check, it was about 3/4 quart low, and they had to add. WTF? It’s a FORD car that you are trained in servicing!? I could maybe understand if I had brought them. 1947 Bentley that requires 7.85 quarts or something but what a crap show that was......
That's why they call it the stealership. I wouldn't trust a Ford dealer with much on my car particularly alignment. You need to find another shop that can do better. The rear toe and camber are kinda bad. You also have a little too much cross camber up front imo.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
It's also why you go to a speed shop or a place that mostly focuses on custom work that know what they're doing and won't wreck your wheels. After upgrading my suspension I spent the entire day at my local place my club does a lot of business with, and I still have to go back to re-address the front once my control arms come in.

In fact I was just remembering that most dealerships I've been to won't even do an alignment there. They send me somewhere else.
Sponsored