red gt auto
cmon, aint somebody gonna get on here and defend sync? lol :shrug:
Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I'll go a step further and say that the availability of android auto in the 2016 made it so I completely ruled out buying a left over 2015 Roush at a killer discount and ordered my '16.

Then again the system is shitty. I have Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify and Slacker all installed on my phone. It's a honest to god crapshoot as to which apps the system will read every time I hop in my car.

Perfect example. I hop in my car in the morning and it reads Pandora and Slacker only, so despite the fact that I was listening to Spotify in the house before I left and was totally jamming to a playlist, i resigned to the fact that my Ford is garbage and listened to Slacker on my way to the doctor. Went to my appointment, and hopped in the car and funny enough the car said "resuming Slacker Radio" and then it timed out and went to FM. I click the apps shortcut on my headunit and what shows up "Spotify."

Just Spotify. but not slacker, pandora or the sirius XM app. The system sucks, it's broken, it hardly ever works, and I'm sick of having to default to "Bluetooth" and handling my smartphone when driving. Totally takes away from the safety of hands-free.

So basically the new car I bought in 2005 with bluetooth and the new car I have bought in 2016 both work just fine in that if I connect with bluetooth and play through bluetooth only, I can play music. Just all the layering that 11 years of advancement and infotainment progress and mobile apps don't actually work.

You know what might be a great workaround for that? Android Auto, then I'll have nothing to bitch about. Oh wait, my car that is supposed to have Android Auto, doesn't actually have it.

Can't we sue Ford for selling us a car on the premise of it having something despite it not actually having that feature and in the case of my spouse requiring me to pay for an upgrade to have what I was promised?
This. Suckit3 is not as slick as I once thought. How is it that they take a defective product from previous years, (I had an 11 premium mustang), work it for 5 years, and still have a POS? I too just wind up with using plain bluetooth because their engineers can't seem to get it together.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Everyone!

I certainly understand your frustrations regarding the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto update. This update will be available for all 2016 vehicles equipped with SYNC 3. We don't have any details on the release date, except that it will be available at the end of the year. I'll be sure to keep you posted when more info comes across my way. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated!

Cara

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Hey Everyone!

I certainly understand your frustrations regarding the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto update. This update will be available for all 2016 vehicles equipped with SYNC 3. We don't have any details on the release date, except that it will be available at the end of the year. I'll be sure to keep you posted when more info comes across my way. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated!

Cara
LOL.... The skills of copy paste of the same script is strong with this one....
I think someone should update the Ford site from saying "release in the summer" to "Release whenever ya'll just give up, check back in 2020"

Sad....

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Honestly the ONLY advantage that my '16 with Sync 3 and my '14 Focus ST with Sync 2 is that it's not slow to respond and that the navigation isn't completely shit. I am annoyed that in my ST I have resorted to always manually typing in the address for wherever I'm going, and at least with the Mustang I can type in the name 65% of the time and it'll find it.

The sound quality of the "premium" systems in both my Focus and Mustang are worse than past cars for sure.

Sponsored

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Honestly the ONLY advantage that my '16 with Sync 3 and my '14 Focus ST with Sync 2 is that it's not slow to respond and that the navigation isn't completely shit. I am annoyed that in my ST I have resorted to always manually typing in the address for wherever I'm going, and at least with the Mustang I can type in the name 65% of the time and it'll find it.
True, but the telenav garbage software will try to take you jumping off a cliff or into a wall instead of calculating a road that actually exist on the map. i especially like how it sometimes just "float" like your car is on the air rather than somewhere on the actual road....

paulrkiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium
And yet here we 2016 owners "patiently" wait.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/07/25/carplay-all-2017-ford-vehicles/

macrumors said:
Ford has announced that its SYNC 3 infotainment system, which includes CarPlay and Android Auto, is now available across its entire 2017 lineup of cars, SUVs, light trucks, and electric vehicles in the United States.

Ford-SYNC-3-CarPlay
The expansion brings CarPlay to already-released 2017 models such as the Fusion, Mustang, and Explorer, while other models like the 2017 F-150, Focus, Edge, and Super Duty will arrive at U.S. dealerships later this year.

Ford confirmed in January that it would be adding CarPlay and Android Auto to all of its 2017 vehicles in North America equipped with BlackBerry's QNX-based SYNC 3 platform, starting with the 2017 Escape in May.

Ford has also added Spotify, Pandora, Ford PASS, AccuWeather, and AAA member services to SYNC AppLink.

In December, Ford retroactively added Siri Eyes Free support to 5 million 2011-2016 vehicles through a SYNC 3.8 software update. The automaker says more than 15 million SYNC-equipped vehicles are on the road worldwide today, although that figure likely includes older SYNC platforms incompatible with CarPlay and Android Auto.

Ford is also adding CarPlay and Android Auto to its 2016 vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 this year.

CarPlay brings Maps, Phone, Messages, Music, Podcasts, and a number of third-party apps, such as Spotify, to a vehicle's dashboard. Apple's in-car software platform can be controlled with Siri and your vehicle's built-in controls for convenient access to common iPhone features. It is compatible with iPhone 5 and later models.

CarPlay widely launched in the second half of 2015, and the rollout has extended to several large automakers this year, including Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep; BMW and Nissan; and Hyundai and Kia. CarPlay is now available in over 100 new 2016 and 2017 models, while two notable holdouts include Toyota and Mazda

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium

woot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium PP
Maybe having Android Auto and Apple Carplay exclusive for the 2017 models for a bit will help Ford sell them? Only logical reason I can think of for not releasing the update to the 2016 models for now...

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
It makes sense to me that they aren't ready to roll the hardware upgrade to the dealerships yet.

Sponsored

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Co-worker has a 2017 Fusion sport (Don't get me started on why this thing has more power than an EB mustang). It came with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
There is litterally no reason to not go ahead and dump the software update onto the '16's. I don't need the stupid Apple usb port. I have android, like any other sane person and can run off of bluetooth.
Sponsored