Sponsored

AMSOIL or Motorcraft, which one is better?

AMSOIL or Motorcraft

• Total voters

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Absentee write in > Castrol 5w-30

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My Land Rover has 15k Mike oil change intervals !!!

the Shelby is changed annually- 3k miles or less
I think the majority of us are changing around that interval. Especially those of us who store the car for the winter. Regardless of mileage, I want fresh oil in it when it's going to sit idle for 3+ months in the cold.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would stay away from Amsoil, not because it is a bad oil but rather because their marketing is nothing more than puffing

Actually, Amsoil is the original..know your oil history.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
You sound like you've been hook line and suckered by Amsoil. I would also, never buy a car from you. Maintenance is clearly not important to you.
Actually if that was the case - wouldn't Amsoil actually preach LESS miles between oil changes? You know - so they'd sell more oil. Anyone who bothered to do any research knows the "3000 mile oil change" was a marketing gimmick - designed to make money and it did.

That being said - I personally don't care what other people do with their money / time and if they want to change oil every 3K miles - more power to 'em.

But the simple fact is that if someone isn't testing their oil, EVERYTHING they are saying is pure speculation.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
again, do some research and educate yourself.
What research, all I said is one can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig

AKA > marketing >educate yourself.

Oil is oil, change it regulary is the only requirement.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What research, all I said is one can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig

AKA > marketing >educate yourself.

Oil is oil, change it regulary is the only requirement.
Willful ignorance is not an excuse or a valid argument.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I like that their "independent" lab shares space with amsoil... seems legit lol

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Actually, Amsoil is the original..know your oil history.
again, do some research and educate yourself.
Willful ignorance is not an excuse or a valid argument.
Your contribution to this thread might be interesting, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe post in clear language what you're saying. The "original" what, for instance. Syn oil was in use for 30 years before Al Amatuzio started Amsoil, and his "first" was to finally formulate a syn oil that was good enough to meet the same standards that conventional oils already met.

49 years later, Al's gone and Amsoil is still locked into a marketing strategy that emphasizes bluster over clarity. They pioneered the "recommended for" language that implies standards compliance without any evidence that the products actually meet them.

You could educate yourself by going to the GM Dexos site and looking up Amsoil products. Or the API EOLCS site and looking up Amsoil. Amsoil has products that meet these stringent standards, but it's not the products you think - it's the OEM line, not the Signature Series line.

If you really want to have some fun, try finding a used oil analysis of Amsoil 5w50 on line. I've looked many times since 2015 when the oil was introduced. Not one, not anywhere and not at any time. Not on a Ford forum, not on BITOG. The question is, why aren't the people who love the product posting 5w50 UOA's? Do they sign a non-disclosure agreement when they buy the oil? It's a mystery to me.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Your contribution to this thread might be interesting, but I can't figure out what it is. Maybe post in clear language what you're saying. The "original" what, for instance. Syn oil was in use for 30 years before Al Amatuzio started Amsoil, and his "first" was to finally formulate a syn oil that was good enough to meet the same standards that conventional oils already met.

49 years later, Al's gone and Amsoil is still locked into a marketing strategy that emphasizes bluster over clarity. They pioneered the "recommended for" language that implies standards compliance without any evidence that the products actually meet them.

You could educate yourself by going to the GM Dexos site and looking up Amsoil products. Or the API EOLCS site and looking up Amsoil. Amsoil has products that meet these stringent standards, but it's not the products you think - it's the OEM line, not the Signature Series line.

If you really want to have some fun, try finding a used oil analysis of Amsoil 5w50 on line. I've looked many times since 2015 when the oil was introduced. Not one, not anywhere and not at any time. Not on a Ford forum, not on BITOG. The question is, why aren't the people who love the product posting 5w50 UOA's? Do they sign a non-disclosure agreement when they buy the oil? It's a mystery to me.
Well said

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Actually, there are plenty of BS UOAs posted here and on numerous FB 350 pages (again, do your own research). As for SS not meeting API, there are formulation requirements that Amsoil doesn't meet, that in no way means it's not a better oil, it just doesn't conform to their standards. You can see numerous YT videos or head on over to BITOG. I've done my due diligence in regards to choosing my erl. Lastly, You answered the question in regards to synthetics for yourself in your first para.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Actually, there are plenty of BS UOAs posted here and on numerous FB 350 pages (again, do your own research). As for SS not meeting API, there are formulation requirements that Amsoil doesn't meet, that in no way means it's not a better oil, it just doesn't conform to their standards. You can see numerous YT videos or head on over to BITOG. I've done my due diligence in regards to choosing my erl. Lastly, You answered the question in regards to synthetics for yourself in your first para.
When you say “a better oil”, what are the metrics that you use to make this statement?
And even if “better “ do that really matter if an engine run perfectly on a “inferior “ oil until the car end up in a junkyard for other reasons than oil related engine problems?
As an analogy a Rolex is a “better “ watch than a $20 eBay special but if both keep accurate time, what is better about the better watch?
So that’s beg the question: how do you define “better” in the context of engine oil ?
Sponsored

Last edited: