Sponsored

AMSOIL or Motorcraft, which one is better?

AMSOIL or Motorcraft

• Total voters

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys!

I know, I know! You will see my question and you will say: Nah, not again!... but I will appreciate your help here, seriously.

I will perform my first oil change at 580 miles (I should do it at 500 but...) and I bought the Ford Motorcraft Full-Synthetic 5w50, but as always you want to put the best product out there for your lovely car, and here is when you read different opinions between Amsoil and Motorcraft. Some people say that Amsoil prevents the oil consumption issue in those voodoo engines. I just want to make sure I'm doing the correct because when I use one of those, I will stick with that one forever.

I know there is a lot of guys here that have a good knowledge about it and others that race their GT350 and can share their experiences.

Please, let me know in the comments which one should I use.

Regards
Sponsored

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
When was the last time that you heard of an engine failure due to poor lubrication because of the oil ?
I watched a video in YouTube, itā€™s possible he is wrong, but you know. Which one do you use?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey guys!

I know, I know! You will see my question and you will say: Nah, not again!... but I will appreciate your help here, seriously.

I will perform my first oil change at 580 miles (I should do it at 500 but...) and I bought the Ford Motorcraft Full-Synthetic 5w50, but as always you want to put the best product out there for your lovely car, and here is when you read different opinions between Amsoil and Motorcraft. Some people say that Amsoil prevents the oil consumption issue in those voodoo engines. I just want to make sure I'm doing the correct because when I use one of those, I will stick with that one forever.

I know there is a lot of guys here that have a good knowledge about it and others that race their GT350 and can share their experiences.

Please, let me know in the comments which one should I use.

Regards

It is my understanding that Conoco-Phillips still presently provides synthetic oil under that Motorcraft name but that could have changed as Ford always seems very tight lipped about who provides synthetic oil to them under the Motorcraft Brand.

Many years ago it was my understanding the Mobil 1 and even at one point Castol had the Motorcraft contract but again that was many years ago.

If Conoco-Phillips still provides their oil to Ford under the Motorcraft name I understand that it is a very good grade of oil.

Having said that I use Motorcraft but use Amsoil Synthetic Signature Series as much as possible.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I thought 5W50 was only for supercharged engines.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I thought 5W50 was only for supercharged engines.
5W50 was recommended for the NA 2012/2013 Boss 302 cars as well as the second generation S/C GT500 cars and also for the second generation NA GT350/R's therefore it is recommended for both NA and SC Ford engines.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Amsoil hasnā€™t let me blow up any of my abused motorcycles, Iā€™m talking tons of track days pinging off the rev limitors. I didnā€™t do oil changes between track days like my peers, partly because I was lazy and partly because I didnā€™t give a damn. Lol

Due to how much Iā€™ve abused my cars and bikes with amsoil, I just keep using it. Itā€™s annoying having to order it I agree

But itā€™s a top tier oil, prob all the top tiers are on par with eachother. Hell I just changed my harley oil first time in 5 years. The amsoil poured out like new, same color and all.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I would stay away from Amsoil, not because it is a bad oil but rather because their marketing is nothing more than puffing
Not sure what oil test results that you are referring to but after closely following/monitoring test results for 17 of the top oil brands out there it was Amsoil that came out on top on most categories.
Sponsored