The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I mainly use Tesco Momentum because it's about 9p per liter cheaper than Vpower around by me, if I can't get to a Tesco, it's Vpower. Never filled up with anything other than that other than when my dealer filled it up with that 'super non 99 stuff from BP'.
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I never notice any difference.
I usually out 98 in but if someone is at that pump (local station only has one) I put the other stuff in. I only put the more expensive stuff in cos I am easily led by people like [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] and [MENTION=30247]Gibbo[/MENTION]201 !!

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I mainly use Tesco Momentum because it's about 9p per liter cheaper than Vpower around by me, if I can't get to a Tesco, it's Vpower. Never filled up with anything other than that other than when my dealer filled it up with that 'super non 99 stuff from BP'.
Gotta watch if someone else is filling up for you given you're on a 98 tune.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta watch if someone else is filling up for you given you're on a 98 tune.
I am on 98 tune now, dealer filled it up when I picked the car up... So all good now, nobody else fills up for me, I've actually got a sticker coming that says "99 only" on the filler cap inside. Hopefully they don't throw a flake in with it.

(Nobody has yet filled the car up except the dealer)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Well the car is quite happy to retune itself to 95 or 98, but I've always run 98 in my v8s; however, my wife uses 85 in her S5 and it's quite happy. In reality it's probably more a placebo to us than the big v8 that could run on chip fat...

Sponsored

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
V Power all the way right from the start.
I've come very close to sucking fumes on more than one occasion desperately waiting for a yellow shell to appear on the sync screen!
No idea if it improves performance or not but I'd feel like a tight arse feeding my pony cheap oats.

Last edited:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I have a Lund Tune with an NGauge in the dash which displays the knock values.

Granted my car will be more sensitive to 95/98, but even so I can tell you there is a definite difference just from looking at the timing advance figures and the knock sensor.

Once I had what I can only presume was some bad/off fuel, and that was making some quite scary numbers.

Having seen the numbers and daily driving my car with the Lund Software for more than 15k miles, I'd say that a normally driven GT with a std. ECU isn't going to see much/any more power from 98 to 95.

However if it's warm weather (25c +) and you are going to be driving the car hard, then I would strongly advocate filling with 98.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Lund Tune with an NGauge in the dash which displays the knock values.

Granted my car will be more sensitive to 95/98, but even so I can tell you there is a definite difference just from looking at the timing advance figures and the knock sensor.

Once I had what I can only presume was some bad/off fuel, and that was making some quite scary numbers.

Having seen the numbers and daily driving my car with the Lund Software for more than 15k miles, I'd say that a normally driven GT with a std. ECU isn't going to see much/any more power from 98 to 95.

However if it's warm weather (25c +) and you are going to be driving the car hard, then I would strongly advocate filling with 98.
Ditto (ish) i've got the Cobb that shows knock, and trust me, if Cyl 3 in an EB is correcting, enjoy your engine blwoing the heck up! :lol:
Sponsored