Sponsored

Am I being fussy?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I've done a long trip in the Stang today and there's a couple of things that are bugging me

Firstly the (manual) transmission is noisier in 2nd&4th than it is it 1st&3rd. There's a chattering noise coming from the area where the stick is, louder at at mid to high RPM.

Second when I got to my destination and the engine was warm the revs kept dropping at idle. Only a little then quick recovery. So I lifted the hood and listened and there was a click from the left hand side of the engine bay every time the revs dropped. Will check this again tomorrow might have been a one off.

Any ideas? Am I being fussy?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The click and slight engine drop is likely the A/C compressor kicking in :)

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
The click and slight engine drop is likely the A/C compressor kicking in :)
Thanks I'll have a look at that. We had our summer early this weekend and the aircon was on ;):thumbsup:

I'll have a listen tomorrow when spring is back...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks I'll have a look at that. We had our summer early this weekend and the aircon was on ;):thumbsup:

I'll have a listen tomorrow when spring is back...
Funnily enough......I noticed the same on my S197 today. I had the A/C on, but the windows open......just to hear that V8 music. It's even more noticeable on my wife's XC90....that's a really LOUD click when it kicks in :)

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The transmission is noisy its normal, the clicking noise I'm not sure, I don't have it.I think this is something they mentioned in the US called the BBQ tick.Your not being fussy
If your worried get it checked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
The transmission is noisy its normal, the clicking noise I'm not sure, I don't have it.I think this is something they mentioned in the US called the BBQ tick.Your not being fussy
If your worried get it checked out.
Why am I getting it just in 2nd and 4th though?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
take mine for a spin and compare it to yours

nick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5L 2016 - Deep blue
Noticed the same thing with the A/C. Strange, as in a car with so much power it should be unnoticeable. Cars with less power have very smooth A/C operation.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
If the weather isn't crap I'll at the Don Valley Cruise next Sat have a listen....
I'll be at frankie and bennies this saturday for the hotrods and muscle cars meet failing that where's the don valley cruise at and on what date ?

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Third Sat every month same place :thumbsup:

The 'Don Valley Cruise' is a place where hopefully like minded car enthusiasts can go and catch up with what's happening in the Hot Rod, American car scene, a place where rodders can meet up with friends and fingers crossed meet friends from way back that used to be in the hobby. What could be better, a cruise-nite, a beer and a burger and meeting up with others; does it get any better?? It can only work if attended, so polish off that wicked ride, pump up the volume on the stereo and have a cruise over on the 3rd Saturday of every month, about 5 o'clock... Frankie & Benny's, next door to the Doncaster Bowl, Leisure Park, Bawtry Road, Doncaster, DN4 5NW... We'll be waiting for yer!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
missus is out all day saturday so I plan on having a day to myself with the car and a pressure washer.
Sponsored