corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I’m surprised someone hasn’t done a comparison yet. At least SS 1LE vs Non-R GT350. They need to be driven by the same driver on the same day under similar conditions for the lap times to really mean anything.
Within a second or so on days of at least generally comparable weather should be close enough for any purchase decisions here - it'd still be a $42k car running uncomfortably close to its $60k more-or-less competition.

Norm
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Over on the Camaro6 forum some people are being pretty honest about just how.brutal the ride of the 1LE is. They say for very smooth roads only......
They'd mostly be the people who bought the wrong Camaro, and bought it for the wrong reason(s).

Yeah so what kinda sense does it make to dd this car! Better set up future appointments with your dentist seeing as your fillings will need replacing!
When was the last time a "too-firm" ride quality was used to discourage people from installing "lowering springs"? Especially springs installed on cars where at least occasional road course use was specifically envisioned?

Seems to me that most people actively considering both the SS/1LE and a PP2 GT already understand that the ride is going to be somewhat firmer than base stock.

Norm

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a difference between firm and bone jarring!!!

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Completely subjective. What isnt subjective the Cost Vs Performance. For track work the 1LE dominates the GT. Relatively equal straight line. For 6k cheaper? Its a no brainer.
Yes, the 1LE outperfoms the GT on the track...many cars do.

My view on the Camaro’s appearance, however, is not subjective. Ugly is ugly, and the Camaro has been ugly for decades (well, less the near-decade Chevy stopped production due the car’s bad looks and subsequent poor sales).

It would be great if Camaro fans ventured out from their veil of denial and simply embraced their car’s bad looks, much like Pontiac Aztek owners have, and just celebrated their automobile’s good qualities such as speed, handling, and price point.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but people keep comparing the OPs choice of a 1LE vs a GT missing that he'd be getting the Performance Pack Level 2. While it wouldn't bump the horsepower, in theory (until one can be tested), it should handle significantly better than a stock GT and is an unknown compared to the 1LE.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Yes, the 1LE outperfoms the GT on the track...many cars do.

My view on the Camaro’s appearance, however, is not subjective. Ugly is ugly, and the Camaro has been ugly for decades (well, less the near-decade Chevy stopped production due the car’s bad looks and subsequent poor sales).

It would be great if Camaro fans ventured out from their veil of denial and simply embraced their car’s bad looks, much like Pontiac Aztek owners have, and just celebrated their automobile’s good qualities such as speed, handling, and price point.
yea completely subjective. i hated the gen5 camaro but lovethe gen6, just like i hate the 05-09 mustangs. justbecause you think its ugly means nothing. hell i dont think the aztec is a horrid looking suv. to me something like a gwagaon or honda element is ugly

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
yea completely subjective. i hated the gen5 camaro but lovethe gen6, just like i hate the 05-09 mustangs. justbecause you think its ugly means nothing. hell i dont think the aztec is a horrid looking suv. to me something like a gwagaon or honda element is ugly
Completely accurate.

That's why the old saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Cant stand Camaro styling.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
and in all honesty, everyone says the camaro interior is cheaper and more crammed, but id have to disagree. yes my 15 gt was a base model but the 1ss interior in my opion is nicer and I'm 6'1 and 300 pounds i do strongman competitions I'm not exactly small and the seats and leg room in the camaro felt better. but then again my gt had recaros which were great when i weighed 205 and got the car but were getting harder to get comfy in

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I test drove one this Saturday, I like the seating position better in the camaro. Seat all the way down. Mine sits way too freaking high. All this negative talk on the camaro as a car, totally different in my opinion, I think its a better car. I don't like the engine, but that's it.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
yea iv definitely become fond of the high reving coyote motor
Yeah, headers and gt350 manifold, love this engine, pulls to the moon.

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I may be going to the dealer today to put a deposit down an a PPLv2, but I also just found a dealer by me with an 2018 SS 1LE for just $42k.

That no only gets rid of my wait, but also, is about 6K cheaper. I've always been a Ford guy(aside from current car) but am I nuts for considering the 1LE instead or just logical?
Yeah, if I was in your shoes, 1LE all the way.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove one this Saturday, I like the seating position better in the camaro. Seat all the way down. Mine sits way too freaking high. All this negative talk on the camaro as a car, totally different in my opinion, I think its a better car. I don't like the engine, but that's it.
Your review is exactly the opposite of what most mustang owners like and dislike. Usually the only thing that is liked is the engine. No one likes the bath tub feel of sitting lower in the car and the lack of visability with the cramped feel of a small car!
Sponsored