Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
yeah it worked.jad to look up how to turn ignition on buy did that and I'm a happy camper with a new battery,duralast is the only one they had 600 cca which should be good.thanks for all the advice made my bad.its 17 here now and I didn't want to take drive with tire pressure down due to cold

Thanks found ignition switch setting and it worked so I'm good.thanks so much.i actually checked water level in New battery and it was fine.you tube says you should check every 6 months.which I've never done.i wanted a sealed battery but they only had duralast,which I requires checking levels every 6 months.i marked it on my calendar
And the crowd roars, too cold to drive?

"Rosanrosanadna"

No matter who you are, no matter where you go, no matter the day it is, ................................ it is always something LMAO

:champagne:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
And the crowd roars, too cold to drive?

"Rosanrosanadna"

No matter who you are, no matter where you go, no matter the day it is, ................................ it is always something LMAO

:champagne:
Tire pressure was 24 and didn't feel like putting air in.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
My battery is only a couple months old, and reads 14.6 a lot.
When new, and trickle charged overnight, was as low as 13.8 while driving.
Took a couple days to come up to 14.6.

I interpreted that to mean the car doesnt put as much charge into it as a daily driver, than the surplus overnight charge I put into it when it was new.

Whatever parasitic loads the car has plus my dash cams f/r suck it down when unused.
I think 14.6 is the 'normal' for my setup as the charging system needs to recover for the overnight loses.

So if you are stock electrically - and only recently its charging harder - then its a good insight into possibly an aging battery. But not done yet, I'm sure.

Re testers - the load type dont compensate for battery size and type.
Use a conductance style tester, and input the settings when prompted for battery specs.

OP
OP
Torched10

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
My battery is only a couple months old, and reads 14.6 a lot.
When new, and trickle charged overnight, was as low as 13.8 while driving.
Took a couple days to come up to 14.6.

I interpreted that to mean the car doesnt put as much charge into it as a daily driver, than the surplus overnight charge I put into it when it was new.

Whatever parasitic loads the car has plus my dash cams f/r suck it down when unused.
I think 14.6 is the 'normal' for my setup as the charging system needs to recover for the overnight loses.

So if you are stock electrically - and only recently its charging harder - then its a good insight into possibly an aging battery. But not done yet, I'm sure.

Re testers - the load type dont compensate for battery size and type.
Use a conductance style tester, and input the settings when prompted for battery specs.
I had a 14 and 10 Shelby and both said don't drive under 45 because tires get harder.i drove my 10 once and it was like ice skating.and it only had 550 go,not much more than my 19.wonder if there's warning on our cars
Sponsored