OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So since this started at a gas station, did you or the Police go back to that station and request their video surveillance from the exterior AND interior of the store? What about getting any cam vids from the route taken after coming off the station's lot? What about other buildings or stores nearby that also may have cams?

There's cams everywhere these days - and if the Driver of the Fusion had malicious intent that started at the store or was antagonizing you by throwing a cig at your car - wouldn't going back to the cams at the store be the first thing one would do - be it you or the Police?

Did the Police go back and get any info and will they be following up with you? The cams would have this dude, his actions and his vehicle, along with possible plate info (depending on how good the cam system is). I mean if this guy is some crazed nut picking random people to screw with, what's to say he doesn't try the same with anyone else or worse, a female?

At least you used your head and didn't pop a round off. It's not always like the movies or "clean" after the discharging the shot, especially if you hit the target. Most folks think just because they can carry they have open range to take the law into their own hands as they wish. That is until they find themselves trying to justify the situation and finding out there's many intricacies of the State laws where even if protecting one's self being or properly can lead to lengthy and expensive legal battles trying to prove they were in the right. The advice of BlackandBlue is spot on...
Charleston doesnā€™t have a lot of cams but the LEOs said theyā€™d investigate. I got his license plate info along the route and relayed it to 911 dispatch.

In all my life of living in Charleston, Iā€™ve never had this sort of thing come out of Mt Pleasant, which is considered to be one of Charlestonā€™s premier areas and thatā€™s where we have Cars N Coffee every Saturday morning.

As for carrying, I like to practice the routine of drawing and chambering a round in a smooth fashion as I never carry with one in the chamber. I also play that over and over in my head to get used to the action. Every time I go somewhere carrying, my prayer is that I hope I will NEVER have to use it, but just like an airbag, I hope it works when I need it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm honestly a bit surprised there's 5 pages of talking about guns but not about having a 2 channel dash cam. Glad you're ok, sounds like an incredibly scary and nerve-wracking situation.
I havenā€™t felt the need for a cam due to ever having this happened nor much witnessing of road rage in our area, but Iā€™m looking into options now.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I havenā€™t felt the need for a cam due to ever having this happened nor much witnessing of road rage in our area, but Iā€™m looking into options now.
I'll try to avoid turning this into a dash cam thread, but just to get you off in the right direction the two big brands I'd look at are Thinkware and BlackVue. The interior of our cars makes it very easy to run the wires just by tucking under the interior panels. I usually shop at Blackboxmycar.com since they're US-based and have excellent customer service.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm honestly a bit surprised there's 5 pages of talking about guns but not about having a 2 channel dash cam. Glad you're ok, sounds like an incredibly scary and nerve-wracking situation.
I have always been reluctant to get a dash cam because sometimes I might accidentally exceed the posted limits. I know that if something happens the police can confiscate all the information available on the dash cam.

What are your thoughts about this?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have always been reluctant to get a dash cam because sometimes I might accidentally exceed the posted limits. I know that if something happens the police can confiscate all the information available on the dash cam.

Well, I like the idea of a dash cam. I have no problem deleting any footage from prior drives before handing it over.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, I like the idea of a dash cam. I have no problem deleting any footage from prior drives before handing it over.
Works if the police let you do that.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Charleston doesnā€™t have a lot of cams but the LEOs said theyā€™d investigate. I got his license plate info along the route and relayed it to 911 dispatch.

In all my life of living in Charleston, Iā€™ve never had this sort of thing come out of Mt Pleasant, which is considered to be one of Charlestonā€™s premier areas and thatā€™s where we have Cars N Coffee every Saturday morning.

As for carrying, I like to practice the routine of drawing and chambering a round in a smooth fashion as I never carry with one in the chamber. I also play that over and over in my head to get used to the action. Every time I go somewhere carrying, my prayer is that I hope I will NEVER have to use it, but just like an airbag, I hope it works when I need it.
It's happening all over the country in nice areas. The criminals are getting emboldened because of certain political events, and the policies of many justice systems right now of catch and release due to covid. I suspect I was almost the victim of a carjacking in my own neighborhood. I picked up a tail about 10 minutes out from my house, after midnight. An older crapbox with two occupants. They followed me into my neighborhood, and I even took a nonsense way that nobody who actually lived here would take to see if my suspicions were correct. I ended up pulling a risky strategy where I pulled up in front of a house that was not my own and sat on the brakes, as if I was picking someone up or dropping someone off. They pulled up about 2 car lengths in front of me and waited for a minute with me and then pulled off. Pretty scary shit. And I live in a nice neighborhood up the hill. I suspect that if I had pulled into my own driveway they would have been right behind me. I ended up leaving my neighborhood entirely and driving around for a while to make sure they weren't still tailing me, or watching from around the corner or whatever.

I have a dash cam without GPS so it can't know what my speed is. I suppose someone could calculate it by knowing right items, like framerate and a ballpark measurement of some feature in the road, but its unlikely someone would bother. The black box in the car is infinitely easier for them to access and it records everything including speed. But they're only going to try and get info about what you were doing if it was an obvious speed related crash, or there were fatalities.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You can delete data from the sd card......reformat, or pull it out and don't provide to anyone.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I felt the same thing but installed one recently due to more road rage incidents happening in the area.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Iā€™ll start a dash cam thread because Iā€™m clueless on them.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
As for carrying, I like to practice the routine of drawing and chambering a round in a smooth fashion as I never carry with one in the chamber.
You carry your gun UNLOADED? Seriously?
Sponsored