Sponsored

Almost carjacked today...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Of course you can.....what the court decides may be different than what you expect; And by the way it is laws that give you that "legal right"......that is really the only thing that matters. I also suggest you actually look into what inalienable rights actually mean and pay attention to where it mentions the Constitution must agree with the 4 specific rights. Let's agree to just drop it. :)

We have an inalienable right to protect ourselves. If I fear for my life I can use deadly force to protect myself. No law gives me the right.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Of course you can.....what the court decides may be different than what you expect; And by the way it is laws that give you that "legal right"......that is really the only thing that matters. I also suggest you actually look into what inalienable rights actually mean and pay attention to where it mentions the Constitution must agree with the 4 specific rights. Let's agree to just drop it. :)
Between the two of us, only one has gone to law school; it isn’t you.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmm now how would you know that. I asked earlier if you were a lawyer and you didn't reply that you were, so took that as no. If you are really a lawyer you are being very petty about this. BTW, going to law school and being a lawyer isn't the same. As I said earlier, this isn't about you or I being right or wrong. Let it go, let it go, let it go.

Between the two of us, only one has gone to law school; it isn’t you.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
I was in an attempted jack once, 2004 I was 36. The guy that tried, died. Fight or flight.....I am out of body fight. As I exited the vehicle he put his hand and gun in his coat pocket. Wrong move........saw my chance, took him to the ground face first hard and choked it all out of him. It was all like in slow motion. Cops knew the guy, repeat offender. Aftermath was a little messy, but I have no problems sleeping at night.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I'm glad you are OK - the universe will deal with the scumbag - his number's gonna get pulled - just a matter of when and whether he goes to the jail or the morgue.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm not a lawyer but in most States if a reasonable person thinks his life is in danger it is OK to use deadly force.

Now in New York or California this may not be true. Dash cam video would be invaluable here.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The Castle Doctrine in South Carolina
The “Castle Doctrine” recognizes that a person's home is his castle and extends to include an occupied vehicle and a person's place of business. ... This means a person that is lawfully acting under the “Castle Doctrine” CANNOT BE PROSECUTED AND CANNOT BE SUED.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Wow, this thread got sidetracked. The OP never said the criminal pulled a weapon on him. Castle Law does not say you can shoot someone because of road rage and not threatening with a weapon and this is what it looks like the situation may have been.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled off I-85 somewhere in Charlotte and tried to get some shut-eye at a very brightly lit gas station. Didn't realize I had stopped in crime-city-central. I was towing a trailer with 2 bikes and another 2 in the bed. I'm dead asleep and an AR15 muzzle shatters my window and I'm looking at the business end a foot from my face. Just wanted my wallet and cell phone...I guess he thought a guy with 4 race bikes had money. Gun might not have been loaded - I didn't know enough about rifles to know where the magazine was or what it looked like.

I'm a little more circumspect about where I stop these days...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Law does not say you can shoot someone because of road rage and not threatening with a weapon
A car can be a weapon. If this happened to you would you be scared for your life?
Sponsored