Sponsored

Almost carjacked today...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Decided to drive my HEP GT350R to Mt Pleasant to get my Covid vax today. On my way, took a rock to the base of the windscreen after a truck with no mud flaps merged in front of me. Same place on the highway, same scenario as when I took a rock to my last windscreen the day after I bought it.

On the way back I got on 526 west and headed home. As I got onto the Wando bridge a Ruby red 2018 Fusion came flying up to my right, veered into my lane and then slammed on brakes. I barely missed him and the brand new Silverado crew cab behind me barely was able to evasive maneuver to the right to avoid hitting me. TheFusion then came to a stop in the inner lefthand lane. I was able to back up about 10 yards and reached for my daily carry. When I saw the driver’s door open I looked in my right mirror and saw that I had a quick opportunity to take that lane and leave. I quickly did so and called 911.

The Fusion then sped up behind me and was trying to get to my left and right rear corners, which I figured he was going to try and spin me. He also made a few attempts to pull tomy right door and yell, “I’m gonna...”, which I couldn’t lipread the rest as I was juggling a firearm, a 911 call and evasive maneuvers that took us up to speeds of 105mph.

I was able to make eye contact with him to see that he was the young black male I had seen at the gas station in Mt Pleasant smoking a cigarette while pumping gas in his car. I noticed when I pulled off him flicked the cigarette at my car but I didn’t even bother cause he was already testing his Darwin Award.

Long story short, after evading multiple attempts to run me off the road and stop/corner me over the span of 10-12 miles, I was able to survive without injury to the car or having to discharge my weapon.

I pulled over at Leeds Ave, which is home to Charleston County’s finest and discussed the situation with the LEO who was super kind to respond.

Be aware guys. Usually, all you have to worry about in Mt Pleasant is the drunk white momma’s on the road but it appears people are becoming more emboldened these days to commit crimes for lack of respect of the law or fear of consequences. It will eventually get them killed or harm innocents, or both. Evidently, these Shelby’s are open game...
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yikes! Glad you are OK.

I had something similar happen in a road rage incident.

Scary stuff.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes! Glad you are OK.

I had something similar happen in a road rage incident.

Scary stuff.
Man, my nerves were jacked. I’ve never came so closed to firing upon another person, and I don’t care what anyone says, the adrenaline rush is frigging stout that you feel nausea after it’s over, or at least I did.

Yes, I train mentally for what I’d have to do in a situation where I’d have to protect myself or my family but hell, real life is a flash.

protect yourselves.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If it was just him, how did he plan to car jack you? leave his own car loaded with his prints behind?

Sounded more like a guy with a random rage issue or tying for an insurance fraud than a jacking attempt.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Man, my nerves were jacked. I’ve never came so closed to firing upon another person, and I don’t care what anyone says, the adrenaline rush is frigging stout that you feel nausea after it’s over, or at least I did.

Yes, I train mentally for what I’d have to do in a situation where I’d have to protect myself or my family but hell, real life is a flash.

protect yourselves.
Wow, that is really something. Glad you and the car came out of it in one piece. We go down to Mt. Pleasent often to go to Trader Joe. Maybe it's finally time to get my carry permit.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
If it was just him, how did he plan to car jack you? leave his own car loaded with his prints behind?

Sounded more like a guy with a random rage issue or tying for an insurance fraud than a jacking attempt.
I agree with this. It doesn't change how it all played out and engaging wouldn't have been any more pleasant but the whole thing falls more in line with someone who has road rage. Something very similar happened to my aunt sometime ago.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

protect yourselves.
I've come close twice, and once was the road rage incident. I had my Judge pulled and at the ready just below the window. He'd have got a face full of buckshot and a .45 size hole in his abdomen had he taken one more step.

Amazing what the adrenaline does. The dry mouth was almost debilitating!

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
I think about these scenarios when I drive regardless of the vehicle I am. If I'm in the Shelby I'll rely on speed and handling dependent on the road conditions. If in the 4Runner, a vacant field to pull into and if followed it's on. If on the Harley and what happened to you happened to me, it's on. I'm too vulnerable on the Harley to mess around with speed or being rammed. If I have him in front of me and he exits the car, in your situation, I'm going to defend myself because he has already shown intent to do serious bodily injury or death.

Glad you're safe and the Shelby is safe minus the rock chip.

Y'all see how people conduct themselves with police officers and they are armed. There is no more respect or fear of consequences. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...however if I keep eating these damn twinkies, it may be judged by 12 or carried by 12 :crackup:

I belong to range that does concealed carry scenarios. The Sheriffs department does a similar class with LEOs and SWAT members. It's a blast. If you can do either of these type of classes to learn and get that muscle memory to take place it may pay dividends someday. But keep in mind too that which every you practice more with is what your brain is going to do in a stressful situation. So if you carry both knife and firearm, don't pull a knife in a gun fight.

Anyways, just trying to encourage everyone to take classes so you know when and how to defend yourselves and not overreact to a situation.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this. It doesn't change how it all played out and engaging wouldn't have been any more pleasant but the whole thing falls more in line with someone who has road rage. Something very similar happened to my aunt sometime ago.
Agree. Could have just been the fact he was in a nice car or his turn signals are too bright.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Single suspect car jacks happen often. His fusion had a rightsided injury that looked as though it had been t-boned, so he possibly could’ve been looking for an insurance write-off but with a Shelby when I passed an Aston DB10 on the way out? Doesn’t make sense... besides, he went way out of his way to chase me down which was 7 miles from the gas station where I saw him and 7 miles from where his car was registered. He had an agenda... and you don’t stop in the middle of 526 with cars and cargo container semis barreling down at 70+ Mph.

Believe you me, I’ve played every scenario over and over but what does it really matter? He could’ve got shot, I couldn’t gotten flipped and killed or we both could’ve made the morgue.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Single suspect car jacks happen often. His fusion had a rightsided injury that looked as though it had been t-boned, so he possibly could’ve been looking for an insurance write-off but with a Shelby when I passed an Aston DB10 on the way out? Doesn’t make sense... besides, he went way out of his way to chase me down which was 7 miles from the gas station where I saw him and 7 miles from where his car was registered. He had an agenda... and you don’t stop in the middle of 526 with cars and cargo container semis barreling down at 70+ Mph.

Believe you me, I’ve played every scenario over and over but what does it really matter? He could’ve got shot, I couldn’t gotten flipped and killed or we both could’ve made the morgue.
Oh, I'm not saying you were wrong. I'm just saying I've seen the same play out for insurance claims.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Glad your OK. Could have been a lot worse.

My friend had a kid come up on him in his Z06 2 years ago. Pointed a gun at him and said give me your wallet. He reached for it but came around with his 45. Kid put one in the door, my friend got him in the abdomin. He got away, went to a hospital and they called the cops, he ran from the cops at the hospital but they got him.
My friend was lucky, very lucky.
Sponsored